Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I wonder if this means Hulk Hogan will finally get inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mods please change threat topic to April: maybe vince will save us

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

I wonder if this means Hulk Hogan will finally get inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame

yep and let's not forget to add hulk hogan, macho man, bret hart somewhere in the top 15 p4p ranking

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vince and Dana doing the fusion dance to expand the reach of white power slap.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Brock Lesnar is coming back, isn't he? This is the worst news of my life

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

KungFu Grip posted:

the funniest outcome to this is vince mcmahon getting a say in how ufc operates

Have he and Dana ever had any known beef?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

wme: fake fights and pro wrestling

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kimbo305 posted:

Have he and Dana ever had any known beef?

I recall Dana over the years, especially earlier, has talked poo poo about pro wrestling generally. Also he and Vince have been on opposite sides of the Brock bidding wars too.

So nothing specific that I can think of, not like vs. Bob Arum, but just general Dana making GBS threads on everything.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
joining forces with the scripted fight company as sports gambling is exploding and fighters are further exploited. seems fine and good. nothing bad will happen for sure.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
the American version of Pride…maybe we’ll be lucky enough to read about Chris Barnett threatening to throw Road Dogg out a window?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

the American version of Pride…maybe we’ll be lucky enough to read about Chris Barnett threatening to throw Road Dogg out a window?
A most lamentable Gold Dust man

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Brut posted:

Wait what? Doesn't Endeavor own a ton of random poo poo, why would them buying WWE specifically somehow directly merge it with UFC? Like even UFC is technically a double subsidiary because there's Zuffa in between (not that this detail is meaningful in any practical sense). That part sounds like a misunderstanding.

:lol: when was the last time you saw the Zuffa logo during a PPV?

Or not even PPV, when was the last time you saw that Zuffa logo?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What does this mean with Logan Paul working for Endeavor/UFC-adjacent while his brother is at PFL trying to rabblerouse for fighter pay and stuff? nothing?

Keep in mind I'm dumb as poo poo and don't know how anything works

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Shumagorath posted:

A most lamentable Gold Dust man

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Unperson_47 posted:

That’s what they said about the Paul bros and now one of them owns an entire colour.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Vince and Dana coming to hate each other would be good for the sport of posting

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

:lol: when was the last time you saw the Zuffa logo during a PPV?

Or not even PPV, when was the last time you saw that Zuffa logo?

I did say it wasn't meaningful, just dumb corporate structure stuff.

I guess if this is purely for the purpose of letting people buy stock in a thing that is part UFC part WWE for money reasons, then whatever, but the tweet makes it sound like they will combine it in to one corporation that will be operationally run by McMahon, that's the part that makes no sense to me. We'll see how it turns out.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Brut posted:

I guess if this is purely for the purpose of letting people buy stock in a thing that is part UFC part WWE for money reasons, then whatever, but the tweet makes it sound like they will combine it in to one corporation that will be operationally run by McMahon, that's the part that makes no sense to me. We'll see how it turns out.

drat, you know more about their business than a multi-billion dollar corporation. What are you doing here as a mod, you should be working for Endeavor!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Lay off Fozzy; the deal is enough cringe on its own.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
edit wrong thread

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i'm inviting a bunch of casuals to the UFC easter weekend, how likely is it to be a snorefest? people know of masvidal from the 3 second knockout, but he's going to be wrestlefucked right?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

crepeface posted:

i'm inviting a bunch of casuals to the UFC easter weekend, how likely is it to be a snorefest? people know of masvidal from the 3 second knockout, but he's going to be wrestlefucked right?

The whole main card should be above average / exciting.
Israel Adesanya will win a decision if he doesn't get KO'd
Gilbert Burns will KO Masvidal

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

crepeface posted:

if you start watching from the chris curtis/kelvin gastelum fight they should all be really good though no such thing as a guaranteed good fight. i also think adesanya is gonna try his very best to make it an extremely boring fight but in doing so will probably get himself knocked out again so that will be exciting.

i think masvidal getting wrestled is the most likely outcome, but burns doesn't really have bad fights and he's a dope grappler and a madman in the striking so it should still be good.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
cool, thanks goons

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

I recall Dana over the years, especially earlier, has talked poo poo about pro wrestling generally. Also he and Vince have been on opposite sides of the Brock bidding wars too.

So nothing specific that I can think of, not like vs. Bob Arum, but just general Dana making GBS threads on everything.

Dana usually had nothing negative to say about Vince as a businessman/person. Just that they were in competition to a degree for audience views but that was back when UFC was on SpikeTV etc. and mostly went away ever since the Fox era.

Unperson_47 posted:

What does this mean with Logan Paul working for Endeavor/UFC-adjacent while his brother is at PFL trying to rabblerouse for fighter pay and stuff? nothing?

literally nothing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

WTF are you on about :psyduck:

That is literally the proposal. It is pretty easy to comprehend and understand why they'd lump UFC & WWE into a subsidiary of Endeavor and why Vince is being put in charge of it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's official https://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2023/04-03-2023

quote:

Endeavor Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: EDR) (“Endeavor”) and World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) (“WWE”) today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement to form a new, publicly listed company consisting of two iconic, complementary, global sports and entertainment brands: UFC and WWE. Upon close, Endeavor will hold a 51% controlling interest in the new company and existing WWE shareholders will hold a 49% interest in the new company.

“This is a rare opportunity to create a global live sports and entertainment pureplay built for where the industry is headed,” said Ariel Emanuel, CEO of Endeavor. “For decades, Vince and his team have demonstrated an incredible track record of innovation and shareholder value creation, and we are confident that Endeavor can deliver significant additional value for shareholders by bringing UFC and WWE together.”

“Given the incredible work that Ari and Endeavor have done to grow the UFC brand – nearly doubling its revenue over the past seven years – and the immense success we’ve already had in partnering with their team on a number of ventures, I believe that this is without a doubt the best outcome for our shareholders and other stakeholders,” said Vincent K. McMahon, Executive Chairman of WWE.

McMahon continued, “Together, we will be a $21+ billion live sports and entertainment powerhouse with a collective fanbase of more than a billion people and an exciting growth opportunity. The new company will be well positioned to maximize the value of our combined media rights, enhance sponsorship monetization, develop new forms of content and pursue other strategic mergers and acquisitions to further bolster our strong stable of brands. I, along with the current WWE management team, look forward to working closely with Ari and the Endeavor and UFC teams to take the businesses to the next level.”

The new company will be led by Emanuel (Chief Executive Officer), who will also continue in his role as Chief Executive Officer of Endeavor, McMahon (Executive Chairman of the Board) and Mark Shapiro, who will be President and Chief Operating Officer of both Endeavor and the new company. Dana White will continue in his role as President of UFC and Nick Khan will serve as President of WWE. The Board of Directors will consist of 11 members who will be appointed at a later date, six of whom will be appointed by Endeavor and five of whom by WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Endeavor/status/1642844890152435713

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endeavour's (further) becoming a hydra of the most powerful women abusers on earth.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1642879866533031936

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

so vince is dana’s boss now? lmao if so.

being run under the same umbrella as a bunch of fake, scripted nonsense masquerading as sport is such a bad look for pro wrestling

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vince looks like John Waters got on that darrel strawberry juice.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 3, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

double negative posted:

so vince is dana’s boss now? lmao if so.

being run under the same umbrella as a bunch of fake, scripted nonsense masquerading as sport is such a bad look for pro wrestling

AFAIK they haven't said anything specifically about Dana White's role going forward and neither has he. One has to presume that he'll still be running the UFC with general impunity, though. Technically, yes, Vince is Dana's boss. That is 100% certain assuming Dana White is still going to be the guy running the UFC.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

double negative posted:

lmao can this fit in to the thread title?

mewse
May 2, 2006

I don't like this deal but I guess the rationale for the money business guy men people is the same as it was for us joining the pro wrestling subforum

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

drat, you know more about their business than a multi-billion dollar corporation. What are you doing here as a mod, you should be working for Endeavor!

This pays better.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1642856712427192320?s=20

this has good info on it. sounds like Vince will be chairman, but they’re both on the board along with a lackey (Lawrence Epstein the UFC CFO and Nick Khan the WWE president).

Vince is Exec Chairman, but I imagine that Ari Emanuel is gonna largely let each run things. He’ll be the new CEO, and I’d guess Patrick Whitesell is gonna do more on the agency side at the old endeavor.

lol at the ticker being TKO for the new company. what do we call ourselves now? The TKO Tent? The Endeavor Erena?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The Future Endeavour

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The Ari Emanuel Refugee Camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Beeswax posted:

The Future Endeavour

Beautiful.