Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vince looks like John Waters got on that juice that makes your head grow.
I was going to say he needs to thicken his moustache if he wants to look like a proper Yakuza, but now I will never un-see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
One of the most entertaining fights of the year, any sport:
“Crazy Pierrot” Hiroto Yamaguchi (27-19-1, 17 KO) vs. “Crazy Cyclone” Thalisson Ferreira (16-2, 7 KO) (143 Open Finger Glove)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qgvkURQ_dM

Rundown on the rest of last weekend's RISE ELDORADO, all fights now free on Youtube
https://bocot.substack.com/p/tape-delay-kickboxing-20-cygames

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Dana White never really ran UFC ever. Dana is more the face of the operation, doing a bit of the match making and contract negations. But whenever they were having trouble with signing a fighter, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta would step in and make the deals happen, this was before the Endeavor purchase. Now Hunter Campbell probably does most of the important stuff.

Dana has always been more of a public spokesperson for the company. Like a mascot.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Mr. Nice! posted:

AFAIK they haven't said anything specifically about Dana White's role going forward and neither has he. One has to presume that he'll still be running the UFC with general impunity, though. Technically, yes, Vince is Dana's boss. That is 100% certain assuming Dana White is still going to be the guy running the UFC.

Can nothing kill Vince McMahon? How did he come back from stealing company money to pay hush money to his sexual abuse victims? :psyduck:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Vengarr posted:

Can nothing kill Vince McMahon? How did he come back from stealing company money to pay hush money to his sexual abuse victims? :psyduck:

How can Dana White come back from hitting his wife, on camera, in public?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I don't think people really care what happens behind the scenes, as long as they get their entertainment.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fozzy The Bear posted:

How can Dana White come back from hitting his wife, on camera, in public?

Most companies only pretend to care about domestic violence. But all companies care about having their poo poo stolen.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Vengarr posted:

as i understand it, vince left in shame and then realized he had enough shares to do whatever he wanted with the company. then did whatever he wanted with the company giving nary a gently caress about being known as a piece of poo poo carny because he's in the piece of poo poo carny business

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Vengarr posted:

Most companies only pretend to care about domestic violence. But all companies care about having their poo poo stolen.

Doesn't he own the majority of the company though? I don't follow wrestling

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

double negative posted:

so vince is dana’s boss now? lmao if so.

being run under the same umbrella as a bunch of fake, scripted nonsense masquerading as sport is such a bad look for pro wrestling

:five:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

as i understand it, vince left in shame and then realized he had enough shares to do whatever he wanted with the company. then did whatever he wanted with the company giving nary a gently caress about being known as a piece of poo poo carny because he's in the piece of poo poo carny business

So with a boss like this we can only expect Dana's stock to rise until his heart explodes in 2024

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Gonna look like the real deal within 24hrs of failing to refill his TRT scrip

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Lmao nice

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

wream get the horse meat boner boner pill y'all

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

intrusive thought

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
I saw a clip of Wonderboy just now on reddit and drat we really missed out on a Condit / WB matchup eh?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Right off the back of fumbling the whole power slap thing too.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The Leech can't catch a break any more

https://twitter.com/LiJingliangufc/status/1642675531173830656

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

:stare: Oh gently caress that doesn't look good at all, he's not getting any younger either, drat.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I am not adding WWE champions to the thread intro.

Crom bless you for your service CarlCX

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

crepeface posted:

cool, thanks goons

I used to cue up a bunch of cool fights from the main card fighters if people weren't interested in the preliminary fights and I'd go back and watch them later.

Might be an idea if your friends want to start pre drinking but aren't keen on the early stuff. Plenty of cool fights with masvidal and adesenya to chuck on instead.

He broke his back! Spinal!

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
That's a great idea actually.. if everyone isn't hooting and hollering at Lawler vs Macdonald, you know to kick them all out and find new friends

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Noice
https://twitter.com/muhammadmokaev/status/1642950271142600718

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

shockingly cool

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
having his leg bent the wrong way and then tapping the other guy with one working leg has really turned the corner on mokaev for me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
oh, and just a fun blast from the past, back in the ufc 200 thread jerusalem posted this:

quote:

The most bizarre What If is that apparently Vince McMahon's son actually recommended they buy UFC at some point way back in the past and Vince rejected the idea. I mean, he probably would have completely hosed it up and not a single person would have believed the fights had any integrity but it's still a fun thing to think about what might have been.

lol good poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For me, it was Tuesday.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
For you, the day i ran into the ring and tore both my quads was the funniest day of your life. For me, it was Monday Night Raw

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

M Bison doesn't have a little mustache tho, idgi

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/catchnewz/status/1643244755667636225?s=46&t=TIJK55eBdIDyMeqNNPIWug

Seth Rollins learns his segment has been cut while he is already in the ring.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

You're in the wrong thread buddy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Brut posted:

You're in the wrong thread buddy.

I mean, are we really sure that's the case anymore?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean, are we really sure that's the case anymore?

Yes.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bluedeanie posted:

M Bison doesn't have a little mustache tho, idgi
It’s a mashup with Gomez Addams.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Not a tox bet or anything, but Izzy is getting bonked again, hopefully ending the global nightmare that is anime

mewse
May 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Not a tox bet or anything, but Izzy is getting bonked again, hopefully ending the global nightmare that is anime

Anime did nothing wrong!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

You can ban anime and anime moves, but the commissions will still refuse to address the issue of MVP trapping other fighters in poke-balls.