Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

double negative posted:

being run under the same umbrella as a bunch of fake, scripted nonsense masquerading as sport is such a bad look for pro wrestling

lmao can this fit in to the thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

CarlCX posted:

The greater conversation around these booking choices always winds up orbiting the same idea: You go where the money is. Masvidal and Covington are draws, therefore it's justifiable to prioritize them. This has always felt deeply silly to me, because believing it necessitates believing being a draw is an inborn trait, and that Joe Rogan and Dana White are the David Attenboroughs of mixed martial arts, peering through the reeds at Paddy Pimblett and Sean O'Malley grazing majestically in the brush and cooing, "There it is, the secretive fan connection x-factor," as opposed to the company harnessing the power of a multi-billion dollar marketing empire to ensure you cannot follow the sport without hearing about a certain subset of people they would really like you to pay them $80 to see.

This is art

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I want Clay vs Jim Miller at UFC 300

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Looks like a ninja / front naked choke.

butros
Aug 2, 2007