Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Brock Lesnar is coming back, isn't he? This is the worst news of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Ari Emanuel Refugee Camp

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

M Bison doesn't have a little mustache tho, idgi

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

E: dumb

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 6, 2023

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

I forgot I ordered a copy of Mark Hunt's autobiography. Would the thread be interested in a chapter by chapter synopsis or nah?

I beg of you to do so

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Hannibal Lecter: "You know what you look like to me with your cocky callout videos and your cheap tattoos? You look like a Traveler. A well scrubbed, hustling Traveler with tacky taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you’re not more than one generation from drunkenly lying in a pub every night that you used to be IRA, are you Conor McGregor? And that accent you’re trying so desperately to play up so you'll still get press coverage in the three-year breaks between fights – pure lower-class Dublin. What was your fiance, dear? Was she a waitress? Did she struggle during record unemployment to keep food on the table so you could play touchbutt in the park? And oh, how quickly Kavanagh found you. All those tedious, sticky fumblings in a warehouse that says "AIGHT BLAST CUM" while you could only dream of getting out. Getting anywhere. Getting all the way to the U.F.C."

Conor trying really hard not to cry: "oi... you'll do fookin' nuttin..."

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 10, 2023

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm having an old friend for dinner."

*camera pans out as Hannibal follows Johny Hendricks down this street while GSP says "eeeh... Dahctar Lectar?" 50 times on the other end of the phone*

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Is anyone still excited by Jake Paul beating up an old, shot, smaller man from a different sport enough to pay for it?

His loss in the one fight where that wasn't the case has to put a damper on even casual buys, right? There's also no question about what will happen so this is sold on raw name value. The second Woodley fight only sold 65k buys instead of the 500k of the first fight, the fight with Anderson Silva was 200k-300k, there's no mystery to it now.

There are people walking on this earth right this very moment who believe Brock Lesnar is the current UFC champion

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

UFC is so oversaturated and so committed to undermarketing its events and fighters that I literally had no clue Holloway and Edson Barboza would be fighting two hours away from me this weekend and now I am kinda pissed about that

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Brut posted:

It's not sold out or anything, you should go!

I wanted to drive up to Newark for UFC 288 but tickets are like over 300 dollars for the further seats possible, it's way too much.

I have a date that day, which I would have made for a different day otherwise :negative:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

You are playing on Fortress against Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Dana White. Trump is on MeatSim but he spawns with the FarSight. First to 20 kills wins. What do you do?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shittiest doom map I have ever seen, there were only like 5 enemies and they were all basic-level soldiers

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Brut posted:

Bisping ... could really knock out anyone.

please dont troll

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

1 or 3 is good with me

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

My main issue with White Power Slap, is that its not MMA, its not even kickboxing. Its the same with wrestling chat. I remember like a year or two after Rhonda left for wrestling, someone posted a news article or video of her in WWF, and there was major uproar in the thread about how she left mma and that wrestling shouldn't be in this thread. Other UFC side projects don't mean its MMA. Didn't Dana try to start a surfing show? That shouldn't be posted here either.

Now Ronda left many years ago, so maybe the mood of our posters have changed, and this is more of a general chat thread, and not a MMA thread. IDK.

I dont disagree with anything you are saying, but Ronda was a massive star and this happened at a point where SAMMA was a considerably larger pool of posters, so the volume of discussion was astronomically larger AND she went to a sports entertainment that already had its own pre-existing even larger posting community here, so there was an appropriate established place to talk about it that wasn't in the UFC thread. It's not really comparable, power slap posts happen maybe a few times every month and at most generate half a page of people saying "this is stupid, and gross."

I agree it is stupid and gross and I do not like it, but that is why I do not click on it. I dont think anyone is being bombarded with it and I have never seen it posted in here in such a way that any other poster didn't have the chance to avoid seeing Slap Fighting Content if they so wanted to.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Skulker posted:

Pancrase had weird rules to encourage a more pro wrestling style of fight [and also would straight up just do worked fights quite a lot] and one of the rules was no closed-fist hitting.

Shamrock [the goofy dude] was trying to annoy Bas Rutten [the slapping dude] into punching him so that he'd get docked a point or DQd.

Weak strategy. An open-palmed slap is already the best, most satisfying strike to use on a person who is being an annoying dipshit!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

Also they ruined the illusion of untrained oiks fighting for the LOLs because they booked two of the guys from the mauy Thai musical chairs in the Menulog delivery man vs uber driver fight.

I am willing to bet the level of muay thai scrub fighting for CamSoda tips on Fight Circus all have day jobs as delivery or uber drivers. Not seeing the lie here. Jon Nutt Has Done Nothing Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://twitter.com/robnashville/status/1652685361611505670

We HAVE to post skateboarding clips in this thread, Dana White promotes it! :D :lol:

Unironically hell yeah from me brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlyvc6UTpc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSg6bCWCmEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghVvvTKA9WY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcIr01ajLJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1BwPkjjUA