Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I like being petty as much as anyone but that's some small dick energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I have a known condition where I'm pulsing cocoa butter.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Hannibal Lecter: "You know what you look like to me with your cocky callout videos and your cheap tattoos? You look like a Traveler. A well scrubbed, hustling Traveler with tacky taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you’re not more than one generation from drunkenly lying in a pub every night that you used to be IRA, are you Conor McGregor? And that accent you’re trying so desperately to play up so you'll still get press coverage in the three-year breaks between fights – pure lower-class Dublin. What was your fiance, dear? Was she a waitress? Did she struggle during record unemployment to keep food on the table so you could play touchbutt in the park? And oh, how quickly Kavanagh found you. All those tedious, sticky fumblings in a warehouse that says "AIGHT BLAST CUM" while you could only dream of getting out. Getting anywhere. Getting all the way to the U.F.C."

Conor trying really hard not to cry: "oi... you'll do fookin' nuttin..."

:vince:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

No, wait, we render down 205 because they're just heavyweights but not hilarious. Use that to grease up the big boys. Heavyweight improves dramatically.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gilbert Burns is on a whole other level of Brazilian excuses.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

chaleski posted:

I love Max but I kinda want him to lose so he's not just there to take out all the contenders for Volkanovski

Facts. Unless Yair upsets Volk a Max win has sucky divisional implications.

Then again Yair will have to beat Volk twice probably so that would gum up things even further. Instant rematches suck poo poo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's funny they have to give Cejudo the digital apple box to stand on so it doesn't look like Aljo is fighting an ugly baby with a giant head.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I would rather TKZ get sent out to pasture by one of the best the division has ever seen than have his corpse fed to Dana White Contender Series alum Colton Burpo in front of Mark Zuckerberg at The Apex.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Jesus christ, is that guy a fighter or just a brain damage fetishist?

Regional MMA is pretty hosed up. But also really cool live.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dana already hosed it up, Belal should be fighting for a belt instead of a high risk fight with Gilbert Burns.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Strikeforce. Cung Le actually made his MMA debut on the first event Strikeforce ever ran as an MMA company rather than a kickboxing company.

I always disliked Cung Le more than he deserved because of his promotional favorite status, especially after the Scott Smith debacle, but he did some real neat stuff, and in hindsight, knocking out Rich Franklin was probably a public good.

Nah I think you disliked him the correct amount. He's a real dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wonder if Houston still rocks the Lugz.