Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Digital Jedi posted:

"Wait, USADA? You guys actually drug test your people? And tell the truth to the public? And even have punishments for them?"

usada is a thin tarpaulin to cover the ufc's rear end, iirc you get to miss 3 random drug tests per year with no consequences so if you're doing roids in cuba or whatever and get called in mid-cycle you can just go whoops, i'll come in for the next one, i promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

crepeface posted:

i'm inviting a bunch of casuals to the UFC easter weekend, how likely is it to be a snorefest? people know of masvidal from the 3 second knockout, but he's going to be wrestlefucked right?

if you start watching from the chris curtis/kelvin gastelum fight they should all be really good though no such thing as a guaranteed good fight. i also think adesanya is gonna try his very best to make it an extremely boring fight but in doing so will probably get himself knocked out again so that will be exciting.

i think masvidal getting wrestled is the most likely outcome, but burns doesn't really have bad fights and he's a dope grappler and a madman in the striking so it should still be good.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
having his leg bent the wrong way and then tapping the other guy with one working leg has really turned the corner on mokaev for me.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

fuckin hell lmao

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/MMAJunkie/status/1643373417930936323
Anthony Smith vs Johnny Walker, which is a top 5 fight (jesus christ light-heavyweight), has been demoted to co-main event in favor of your new main event, #9 heavyweight Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs #12 heavyweight Jailton Almeida.

Anthony Smith was supposed to fight Jamahal Hill, and then the fight was taken away from him with no notice on live television so Hill could get a title shot despite being ranked lower than him, and they made it up to Smith with a main event, and now he doesn't get the main event.

Also, Almeida/Rozenstruik is happening in a live arena in front of people buying tickets and Curtis Blaydes vs Sergei Pavlovich for #1 contendership is happening three weeks earlier in the Apex in front of nobody.

losing an anthony smith and johnny walker main event only for it to be replaced by a rozenstruik fight is pure strain monkey's paw

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
though the last sentence of your post makes me really want a jones/blaydes title fight since he's the only good wrestler left in the division

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
you're mad if you're not really hype for aljo vs. cejudo. dober vs. frevola is basically guaranteed to be good. jourdain might beat the poo poo out of a gracie which is always a moral victory for the world. but also i haven't paid for a ufc since anderson vs. vitor :moonrio:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Gramps posted:

Hey guys I used to post in the mma threads in like 2007. Had a Barnett Av, then Nog, then Roy Nelson's fat tummy (I need that one back actually. This one was a gift from the 'yob)

Anyway I'm cleaning out my studio and discovered my giant stack of PRIDE dvds. Great poo poo here. All the old Best Buy bundles, plus bushido 1-8, final conflict, and the 2000 tournament Coleman won. I know this isn't the exact right thread but I didn't see any other MMA threads. Anyway they are up for grabs to anyone willing to cover shipping.I'd like them to go in one box so I'm not going to the post office in shifts. I'd really like to get them to someone like @iqwrestler on Twitter who would rip them, preserve them, or otherwise use them for a good purpose. If it just ends up with someone who will enjoy them as much as I have over the years then that will be fine too.

Anyway sorry for the koolaid man into your thread. PM me with questions on discord (where I live now) @grampageoff#6897 or reply here maybe tag me and I'll see it in the next day or so. I'll update this post once they go. I expect it to be fast. I'd say first come first served but like I said I wanna really pick the best option. But hey free poo poo, so stfu

Edit: holy poo poo new phones take huge pictures. Thumbnailed.

i remember the big country av, i think it was of him on the cage rubbing his big belly? lol

that's cool as gently caress. i have no video ripping skills and i'm not in the U.S. but i truly hope they go to a good home for digital preservation. some all time classic stuff in there.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's also really embarrassing for a grown-up to do that so i'm begging you to stop

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

TheKingslayer posted:

Regional MMA is pretty hosed up. But also really cool live.

nothing like watching Wild Bill's Saloon Brawls 25: Gramgram vs. Yamyam to understand that everyone you think sucks in the UFC is actually really loving good lol

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Tangy Zizzle posted:

1) slap league stuff sucks

2) the Greene headbutt was different than the Curtis one because the Greene one led to a tko and the Curtis one didn't. If Curtis had a complaint he shouldn't have answered the bell in the next round. He wanted to keep fighting instead, so it's on him.

he probably came to his senses while getting punched and iirc the headbutt was in the middle of the round, what was he supposed to do? give up and let kelvin pummel him into a TKO? fight for another two minutes and then quit on the stool? then pray the commission will make a reasonable decision and overturn it? i'm not even sure what the solution is but i get that he's pissed.

headbutts in general are a huge issue in mma, idk what the solution is other than more use of instant replays and refs needing to be better trained to be facing both fighters side on instead of doing the herb dean lazy bitch walk behind one fighter. it's not like eye pokes that are basically sanctioned cheating, headbutts happen all the time just because people are crashing into each other. having a big head might be the most underrated skill in MMA. it won cejudo a belt. it won figuereido an interim belt. matt serra lost every second of every round to matt hughes except for when he smashed him with his fat head.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

CarlCX posted:

barely-mobile retiree Tim Sylvia slapping Inaction Bronson for ten bucks in the stockroom of a Costco is just depressing.

lol

those main events all look dire except for men's division at 155lbs and under, though nunes/pena was hilarious both times so i'm hoping we'll get another comedy masterpiece out of that.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Lid posted:

The saddest news possible

Tim Sylvia's next slap fight is against Mark Coleman.

I wish I was lying.

jfc

what's the over/under on how many people die from this before it's banned. or how many people are found to have suffered irreparable brain damage from doing this behind the school when they were teenagers. this is the stupidest mma-adjacent thing that has ever happened.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
and no one seems to like it. even UFC fans who are the dumbest people on the planet don't like it. everyone is saying it sucks. and this is what brings dust-necked mark coleman out of retirement. blurgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i hate it but i don't think it should be disallowed. someone posted nate diaz choking out some civilian, there was that video of the guy getting his arm broke while unconscious, etc. etc. so i say allowed but at the poster's own peril of being called a massive rear end in a top hat if it's irrelevant or gross. i think this thread is one of the best in SA at self policing. Just Post and let God Sort 'Em Out