Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

crepeface posted:

cool, thanks goons

I used to cue up a bunch of cool fights from the main card fighters if people weren't interested in the preliminary fights and I'd go back and watch them later.

Might be an idea if your friends want to start pre drinking but aren't keen on the early stuff. Plenty of cool fights with masvidal and adesenya to chuck on instead.

He broke his back! Spinal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The current heavy weight division is paper thin. Their current champion is a bender away from a life time ban, their number one contender is a million years old and going to retire to go fight fires in about 6 months time and the rest is a logjam or flawed guys.

Its probably smart to remind casuals these guys exist.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ilmucche posted:

why is a bunch of this highlight reel him trying to not get submitted

Because he's real bad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I don't love it but eh, that division is bare af.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Have the EA UFC games demonstrated the worst cover curse across all their sports franchises?

I think its still Madden tbh.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Don't see the point in watching a Diaz fight where he can't slap and can't give the other guy the finger :colbert:

Because he will probably drown him and it'll be funny.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

chaleski posted:

It's funny to think that he actually started out being fairly enjoyable (although I didn’t watch him on TUF and maybe he was always an annoying weirdo), he was knocking all his opponents out, KO'd annoying dipshit Kevin Casey outta the UFC, and his only stinker of a fight early on was against Elias Theodorou who had possibly the most obnoxious fighting style in history

Kevin Casey, gave us that amazing photo of him and his buddies trying to look tough though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Now I remember what it felt like to roll at a dojo that was half SWAT.

I weighed 150lbs when I did bjj and mma and got invited to a gym to do some cross training.

The next lightest person there was 180 and there was a middle Weight and 5 out of 8 people from their gym that attended were heavy weights.

That day sucked.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cards like this on paper usually end up being absolute bangers.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gramps posted:

YESSS YOU'RE STILL HERE. I follow you on the tweeter but never see your poo poo anymore because Twitter is the worst run site on the entire internet.

I caught highlights (either you or IQW's feed) of a couple of his most recent fights and I thought he looked as good as ever somehow. Apparently there was some sort of trade and it worked out for both orgs or something? I don't remember the details. Edit: oh yeah the Askren stuff. That actually was pretty great for everyone, especially for Masvidal and Jake Paul's wallets in the long run.

Welter weight has a lot of fun as hell dudes in it right now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'd suggest Ray Borg start a gofundme for having tremendously poo poo luck in his career but he'd probably get electrocuted plugging in his laptop to start it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

i dont think 'refusing to do what you need to do to cut weight' counts as poo poo luck

He had 18 fights cancelled over his career and only I think three or four of them were his fault. Two for weight/illness/whatever and the other two were because his kid got sick. At some points he was almost homeless and having to borrow money off coaches and family etc to cover medical bills because every single time he was due a pay day for like a year the bout fell through.

Sure, he didn't do his job on this occasion but he was at one time a pretty talented contender and I would think without just bad luck after bad luck he probably finds some momentum and you don't get the weight cut issues etc.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

That dude totally didn’t want to fight and Nate just grabbed him and choked him out.

I can't decide if it looks like Diaz clinches with him to choke him after he grabs his hands or if the dude goes to drive him against the wall, its hard to see without the whole video and there's people in the way.

Either way getting into fights without getting paid is dumb and dangerous and bad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont necessarily have a problem if anyone wants to post or discuss it. I have 0 interest in giving it clicks or engagement though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rockhold hasn't been KO'd that we know of since 2019. While his chin wasn't what it quite was, taking a long layoff before fighting Costa seemed to help he's also 39 this year. Mike perry is crazy as hell and could put him out but he's not exactly smart in how he does... life.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nierbo posted:

I'm curious to see Chad Mendes in a boxing only Environment after a lifetime of grappling.

Hes pretty good. Especially since the drug testing is... not as strict as other orgs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I always found Cung Le fun AF to watch. I also never would have guessed his last fight was 9 loving years ago. JFC how old am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus christ. I've never been a fan of bare knuckle but that fight was loving incredible.