Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1642625159168430080

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I guess this will be the Endeavor subforum

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Yeah, but they don't have a blue check mark, so why should I believe anything they write?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Brut posted:

Wait what? Doesn't Endeavor own a ton of random poo poo, why would them buying WWE specifically somehow directly merge it with UFC? Like even UFC is technically a double subsidiary because there's Zuffa in between (not that this detail is meaningful in any practical sense). That part sounds like a misunderstanding.

:lol: when was the last time you saw the Zuffa logo during a PPV?

Or not even PPV, when was the last time you saw that Zuffa logo?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Brut posted:

I did say it wasn't meaningful, just dumb corporate structure stuff.

I guess if this is purely for the purpose of letting people buy stock in a thing that is part UFC part WWE for money reasons, then whatever, but the tweet makes it sound like they will combine it in to one corporation that will be operationally run by McMahon, that's the part that makes no sense to me. We'll see how it turns out.

drat, you know more about their business than a multi-billion dollar corporation. What are you doing here as a mod, you should be working for Endeavor!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

crepeface posted:

i'm inviting a bunch of casuals to the UFC easter weekend, how likely is it to be a snorefest? people know of masvidal from the 3 second knockout, but he's going to be wrestlefucked right?

The whole main card should be above average / exciting.
Israel Adesanya will win a decision if he doesn't get KO'd
Gilbert Burns will KO Masvidal

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Dana White never really ran UFC ever. Dana is more the face of the operation, doing a bit of the match making and contract negations. But whenever they were having trouble with signing a fighter, Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta would step in and make the deals happen, this was before the Endeavor purchase. Now Hunter Campbell probably does most of the important stuff.

Dana has always been more of a public spokesperson for the company. Like a mascot.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Vengarr posted:

Can nothing kill Vince McMahon? How did he come back from stealing company money to pay hush money to his sexual abuse victims? :psyduck:

How can Dana White come back from hitting his wife, on camera, in public?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I don't think people really care what happens behind the scenes, as long as they get their entertainment.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Vengarr posted:

Most companies only pretend to care about domestic violence. But all companies care about having their poo poo stolen.

Doesn't he own the majority of the company though? I don't follow wrestling

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Anime, prof wrestling, slap fighting

This thread just needs Family Guy or Rick and Morty and it will complete the list of everything I hate about adult man-babies

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

:aaaaa:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Marching Powder posted:

speaking of judging i was interested to see how the judging has evolved by re-watching condit / hendricks. on the actual night i had hendricks winning and agreed with the judges. i re-watched that thing and hendricks did gently caress all with his top control and i gave the fight to condit accordingly. this could also be my hosed up brain but i don't think so.

I think the judging rules changed two years ago or thereabouts? Damage is now the primary judging criteria. The change was suppose to make 10-8 rounds more common, but everyone seems to be ignoring that.

Octagon control, damage, and position used to be judged equally if I remember correctly.

Hah! It was changed 6 years ago, Condit v Hendricks was 10 years ago:
https://bloodyelbow.com/2017/01/02/2017-unified-rules-10-8-judging-criteria-explained-hinds-bell-mma-interview/

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

CommonShore posted:

We need to come up with equivalent terms for "Franklinweight" for every weight semiclass.

HW/LhW - Cormierweight?
LhW/MW - Franklinweight.
MW/WW - Whittakerweight?
WW/LW - Masvidalweight? Nateweight?
LW/FW - Poirierweight?
FW/BW - Aldoweight?
BW/FlW - Linekerweight?

Either way they're both Nateweight(?)s too

FW/LW/WW/MW Conorweight :lol:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

CarlCX posted:

Hey, who likes completely unnecessary re-rematches

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1644442615419396101

Yeck... but then again, what challengers are there at 135 or 145?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

That would be cool if it combines with PFL or maybe ONE. UFC already owns 90% of the mma talent, they don't need to buy any more orgs.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

CarlCX posted:

I would be very wary of tying the B-league ecosystem to the financial health of PFL or ONE.

I just want Strikeforce to come back.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

beep by grandpa posted:

I missed the 💎 on his analyst debut last night, was he good?

I didn't think so, but to me he looked super nervous. He was stumbling over his words.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

AndyElusive posted:

Ya what was his rear end in a top hat kid doing in that ring to begin with?

People's family often get in the cage/ring after a title fight. Last night Izzy's family was in there.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

beep by grandpa posted:

Proposal: izzy should lose his belt more often since his fights as a contender are a million times more exciting than as champion

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Watching episode 1 of Shrinking. Frank Trigg made a very brief appearance.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Lucasar posted:

As a shrinker or shrinkee?

A MMA trainer, funny enough :D

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Boxing right? No Way Jake is fighting Nate under MMA rules?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Unperson_47 posted:

Jorge crawled all the way up inside Trump's rear end during his post-fight interview and barely got a Let's Go Brandon chant going in Florida of all places. It was pitiful in a way.

He also said something like "our governor is great too", but I don't think he said desantis's name, "lets keep florida free, lets keep it red"

Joe Rogan had this HUGE poo poo eating grin the whole speech.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

https://twitter.com/TheSchmo312/status/1646258091967774723

mma is so dumb

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Jon Jones has been underpaid his entire UFC run, including right now, Dana doesn't care.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

kri kri posted:

I like the apex shows

Probably due to less chance of trump or other shitheads being on my tv

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Come on PSP! Our pastime is watching people get brain trauma, CTE, a lifetime of cognitive decline, and broken bones and broken bodies. We give money to men who hit their spouses and have 20+ sexual misconduct payouts.
But making jokes about killing billionaires? NOW you've crossed the line.

Knock it off!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I watch poors fight each other for a pork chop. The last thing I want to do is get politics involved, or think about oligarchs facing the consequences of their actions.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Bluedeanie posted:

You are playing on Fortress against Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Dana White. Trump is on MeatSim but he spawns with the FarSight. First to 20 kills wins. What do you do?

360 no scope :ortiz:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i don't wish harm on anyone. that said, there are several very wealthy people that I would like to see fight in sanctioned bouts under Pride rules with Mario Yamasaki as the referee.

Against Rousimar Palhares :lol:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Shumagorath posted:

Imagine I said Reinhold / Tim Takedown’s nickname for him

I think I remember, but I'm not sure, what was it?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Not MMA, but adjacent. The Fertitta family is selling the land that the baseball team The A's are going to use for a Las Vegas stadium.

https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1649122625476775937

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Marching Powder posted:

please remind me.

Unrelentingly Powerful Leglock Redact

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

AndyElusive posted:

Man, CarlCX. Your breakdowns are the best and I worry there will come a day when this gay comedy forum shutters and we'll never see your card analysis ever again.

Subscribe to their substack

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I just finished the first episode of "Catching Lightning" the showtime and its wonderful. Especially if you are an old school UFC fan, there are Chuck Lidell/Tito Ortiz/Pat Miletich/Lee Murray street fight stories.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

BlindSite posted:

He had 18 fights cancelled over his career and only I think three or four of them were his fault. Two for weight/illness/whatever and the other two were because his kid got sick. At some points he was almost homeless and having to borrow money off coaches and family etc to cover medical bills because every single time he was due a pay day for like a year the bout fell through.

Sure, he didn't do his job on this occasion but he was at one time a pretty talented contender and I would think without just bad luck after bad luck he probably finds some momentum and you don't get the weight cut issues etc.

I'm wondering if he got a decent payout from Conor (something like $500,000), and actually having money took his drive away.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Marching Powder posted:

i feel kind of sick watching that poo poo. i really don't like the idea of really hurting a person who cannot defend themselves.

I've blocked everything on social media so I don't see it. I only ever see it here.

We have the power to say no Power Slap in the mma thread... because its not mma, and open a new thread just for it.

Just my thoughts.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Lid posted:

The saddest news possible

Tim Sylvia's next slap fight is against Mark Coleman.

I wish I was lying.

Nice! I hope someone posts that one too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

5. we ONLY talk about slap fighting