Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
joining forces with the scripted fight company as sports gambling is exploding and fighters are further exploited. seems fine and good. nothing bad will happen for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
the American version of Pride…maybe we’ll be lucky enough to read about Chris Barnett threatening to throw Road Dogg out a window?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Shumagorath posted:

A most lamentable Gold Dust man

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1642856712427192320?s=20

this has good info on it. sounds like Vince will be chairman, but they’re both on the board along with a lackey (Lawrence Epstein the UFC CFO and Nick Khan the WWE president).

Vince is Exec Chairman, but I imagine that Ari Emanuel is gonna largely let each run things. He’ll be the new CEO, and I’d guess Patrick Whitesell is gonna do more on the agency side at the old endeavor.

lol at the ticker being TKO for the new company. what do we call ourselves now? The TKO Tent? The Endeavor Erena?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

I already know a lot of you on here will hate this but to me, lmfao

https://twitter.com/BlacklistRazor1/status/1644937069662199811?t=

that rules so much

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bluedeanie posted:

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm having an old friend for dinner."

*camera pans out as Hannibal follows Johny Hendricks down this street while GSP says "eeeh... Dahctar Lectar?" 50 times on the other end of the phone*

A USADA agent once tried to test me. I ate his liver with a Monster and some nice warm piss *aishaishaishaishaish*

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

NYTimes posted:

Still, the abuse scandal that came to light in 2018, concerning Jordan’s time as a young assistant coach at Ohio State, threatened to sink his career.

Five former wrestlers, including Mark Coleman, a former UFC champion, said Jordan was aware of the abuse by a team doctor, Richard Strauss, who was accused of abusing 177 male student athletes over two decades, but did nothing to stop it, an allegation Jordan has consistently denied.

A conservative public relations firm aligned with Jordan pushed back, circulating statements of support defending Jordan and claiming that the accusers were “seeing dollar signs.”

Coleman soon walked back his statement and released a second one saying he had merely been referring to how widely known Strauss’ predatory behavior had been around the university. He clarified that he had no knowledge of anyone reporting a specific abuse claim to Jordan.

In an interview, Coleman said he stood by both statements but had made the second only after Jordan spoke by phone with Coleman’s aging parents in an effort to get him to change his story. A lawyer who worked on Jordan’s behalf during the scandal did not dispute the account but said the conversation happened after the parents approached the congressman at an event and expressed a desire to clarify what their son had said.

Coleman said allies of Jordan’s also reached out to him directly, including a lawyer who helped prepare his second statement.

In the interview, Coleman said Strauss routinely took 45-minute showers to ogle the athletes, including Jordan.

“Jim got stared at; I got stared at. Unless he has Alzheimer’s, Jim Jordan knew,” Coleman said. “But I have no knowledge of anyone being abused reporting it to Jim Jordan, and I have no problem with Jim Jordan. He was a fantastic coach. He’s a good man — a good, churchgoing family man.”

Jesus, poor Mark. based on his earlier statements, they 100% threatened the gently caress out of him and he's going along with it like when he had to throw that fight in Pride.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i don't wish harm on anyone. that said, there are several very wealthy people that I would like to see fight in sanctioned bouts under Pride rules with Mario Yamasaki as the referee.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

For the record it wasn't you or even anyone specific, there've been various complaints about this basically since the first news of Power Slap broke both in public and in private, and seeing the conversation come up for like the third or fourth time I figured it was past time we all talked about it and figured out what we were most collectively okay with.

Which, numerically and philosophically, appears to be option three. So: a) thank you everyone for the feedback, and b) Moving forward, let's keep actual slapfighting clips out of the MMA thread.

If there's stuff happening that's relevant to MMA--and I would say "Tim Sylvia and Mark Coleman are going to have a slap fight for money because the world is a nightmare" counts and also jesus loving christ--talk about it, but enough people straight-up don't want to see it that we can live without them for community's sake.

That said, if the few people who expressed an interest do want to start a freakshow combat sports thread as an anything-goes space for stuff like slap and fight circus and the eight different bareknuckle promotions and places where Anthony Pettis vomits pure HGH on Roy Jones Jr., by all means do, and anyone who goes into it knows what they're getting into.

i'm gonna start the freakshow combat sports thread. thanks for the idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i'm gonna start the freakshow combat sports thread. thanks for the idea

I made the freakshow combat sports thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030721

Come join me if you'd like to learn about, be depressed by, or just plain make fun of Dana's White Power Slap and other Freakshow Combat Sports stuff.