Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think sitting Zhang out til either Lemos or another contender's name comes up works best. Last I saw she was in Thailand training with Josh Hinger (ADCC bronze medalist who has a super sick guillotine game) and she seems to just be improving constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Digital Jedi posted:

"Wait, USADA? You guys actually drug test your people? And tell the truth to the public? And even have punishments for them?"

calling it that within the next 3 years USADA is phased out.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Yeah, but they don't have a blue check mark, so why should I believe anything they write?

fake news strikes again

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Does this mean they’re kicking dana to the curb in favor of vince?

Dana will probably stay as president of UFC until Vince convinces his bosses to get rid of Dana in favor of retired wrestler Road Rager.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

I recall Dana over the years, especially earlier, has talked poo poo about pro wrestling generally. Also he and Vince have been on opposite sides of the Brock bidding wars too.

So nothing specific that I can think of, not like vs. Bob Arum, but just general Dana making GBS threads on everything.

Dana usually had nothing negative to say about Vince as a businessman/person. Just that they were in competition to a degree for audience views but that was back when UFC was on SpikeTV etc. and mostly went away ever since the Fox era.

Unperson_47 posted:

What does this mean with Logan Paul working for Endeavor/UFC-adjacent while his brother is at PFL trying to rabblerouse for fighter pay and stuff? nothing?

Keep in mind I'm dumb as poo poo and don't know how anything works

literally nothing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

I did say it wasn't meaningful, just dumb corporate structure stuff.

I guess if this is purely for the purpose of letting people buy stock in a thing that is part UFC part WWE for money reasons, then whatever, but the tweet makes it sound like they will combine it in to one corporation that will be operationally run by McMahon, that's the part that makes no sense to me. We'll see how it turns out.

WTF are you on about :psyduck:

That is literally the proposal. It is pretty easy to comprehend and understand why they'd lump UFC & WWE into a subsidiary of Endeavor and why Vince is being put in charge of it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hollandia posted:

What does this achieve? Are they trying to get Almeida over...?

This is dumb as hell

:haibrow:

"people like hw fights!" is a dumb mantra the UFC still clings to

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlindSite posted:

The current heavy weight division is paper thin. Their current champion is a bender away from a life time ban, their number one contender is a million years old and going to retire to go fight fires in about 6 months time and the rest is a logjam or flawed guys.

Its probably smart to remind casuals these guys exist.

I highly doubt Jones will get a lifetime ban. Unless he outright murders a whole family.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

omg lmao

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Masvidal is 39 and he has made a career out of losing by decision.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I kinda doubt it. Unless they see the MMA revenue stream as a really strong area for their growth of this new company. I'd imagine if they did buy it, they'd merge it with the UFC. Bellator's brand name isn't quite strong.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unperson_47 posted:

ONE has the fastest refs in the game. Dude managed to cradle the guy to the ground.

too bad its only for muay thai. the mma refs are, usually, the same idiots who are "yeah no we'll keep letting you get your face beaten in while you're unconscious" fans

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good riddance and go gently caress yourself you stupid piece of poo poo

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crepeface posted:

lmfao Izzy is such a petty dick

when he talked about it in the post-fight he openly said "man....i'm such a petty rear end in a top hat...i'm real petty...."

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat This Glob posted:

if bellator gets bought, i assume scott coker will go and start "punchman f.c." or whatever and do it all over again like an MMA sisyphus

he'll weasel his way into PFL and drive that into the ground as well

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

People's family often get in the cage/ring after a title fight. Last night Izzy's family was in there.

How many of them were going over to Pereira to mock him for being KO'd tho?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Did Izzy say anything in the presser about how messed up his leg/s were getting?

Nothing outright descriptive. Specifically, he said "I knew my leg was hurt. I went southpaw. I was like I can't keep getting kicked like this. I knew this was it. Possum. Possum. Possum."

He added it was far sneakier/quicker than he realized and wants to learn how to land it like Pereira does because of how it worked so well.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

In combat sports adjascent news, congrats to SASMMA poster Mekchu on surviving elimination in tonight's Do Or Die match in EXP! Another big win like this and you could be promoted to the main roster of the IZWF!

It was a hell of a match and I legit am laughing so hard at that House of Black attempt by the Cyberdemon to get the drop on me and failing.

This dipshit complaining about being given a fake/wrong email is hilarious and also he should never be supported as he bullies smaller YouTube channels and abuses the YouTube copyright system like a piece of poo poo.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hollandia posted:

I don't know what half of these words mean but I'm intrigued. Good poo poo Mekchu.

ImpZone has its own simulated pro wrestling shows. I'm on the "lurker" show called EXP and because WWE 2k23 has only so many spaces, they do a "death match" and the loser gets permanently deleted. I was in the first death match and my avatar (metalhead from TMNT) was put up against the Cyberdemon from Doom.

Here's the thread in ImpZone

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027060

It is 100% better than anything the UFC could ever hope to produce.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SA Mart exists

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gramps posted:

. gently caress me for trying to be thoughtful I guess. I'll gently caress off again now.

I didn't mean for you to think ppl wanted you to gently caress off but posting on SA Mart about the DVDd is the more kosher approach to sorting it out IMHO.

It'd apply to anyone trying to sell MMA memorabilia etc. Just a better venue for sorting it out because that's what it's for. :shrug:

Lone Goat posted:

Pragmatica puts this thread in the weekly Hey Check This Out post, a lapsed mma poster comes back to the thread with a cool find, and is immediately poo poo on. Tremendous, lol.

Saying "SA Mart exists" is far from making GBS threads on someone. Lmao.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 18, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1648035484524769313

good news

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1648058410368131072

bad news

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tkz is well past any sense of being in his prime and should have retired a long while ago

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Commonshore, CarlCX & I just put out a new update on our collated rankings for MMA

https://twitter.com/RealFightIsland/status/1648171273871331329

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kri kri posted:

I like the apex shows

Probably due to less chance of trump or other shitheads being on my tv

you sweet summer child

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

Trump
Elon
Zuck

Two bullets

The barrel full of explosives placed between them all.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*ahem*

pride. never. die.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i support this assistance in promoting people to visit other subforums on this website

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Holy poo poo TKZ fought for the title last year?

he did not do very well op

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I've blocked everything on social media so I don't see it. I only ever see it here.

We have the power to say no Power Slap in the mma thread... because its not mma, and open a new thread just for it.

Just my thoughts.

i agree with this. make it in gbs too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

The saddest news possible

Tim Sylvia's next slap fight is against Mark Coleman.

I wish I was lying.

Can't wait for a whole league of obese white guys who struggle forming sentences because they think education is "pussy poo poo" hitting each other with unprotected sports to be hailed as the greatest sporting event in US history.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3 with 4 being a likely result

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gramps posted:

gently caress it. Let's take this to it's logical conclusion and start a headbutt only league. What's Mark Kerr up to these days?

None of the above? I'd like to see a freakshow fight thread for all the weird rogue bullshit that's out there these days like StreetBeefs and Rough and Rowdy and whatever the gently caress Fight Circus pulls out of their asses.

streetbeefs had a thread and then was put out to pasture when one of the organizers showed up and started bragging about how its actually good they don't pay the fighters any real amount of money while also monetizing the poo poo out of it etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nierbo posted:

I consider this the MMA thread, not 'what the UFC is doing this week' thread. So the fact that the company itself cares about slap fighting doesn't really have much weight with me or make me want to know about that side of it

Fozzy The Bear posted:

My main issue with White Power Slap, is that its not MMA, its not even kickboxing. Its the same with wrestling chat. I remember like a year or two after Rhonda left for wrestling, someone posted a news article or video of her in WWF, and there was major uproar in the thread about how she left mma and that wrestling shouldn't be in this thread. Other UFC side projects don't mean its MMA. Didn't Dana try to start a surfing show? That shouldn't be posted here either.

Now Ronda left many years ago, so maybe the mood of our posters have changed, and this is more of a general chat thread, and not a MMA thread. IDK.

also this

slapfighting isn't mma, and the only link to it is A) the UFC's idiotic president trying to make it a thing and B) some despearte as gently caress ex fighters are doing it because they can't get cleared by a commissions for an actual sport

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 26, 2023