Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Analytic Engine posted:

#JustGamerDadThings

what the hell is that thing on his head

did they rip off the spider-man symbiote storyline when nobody was looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Analytic Engine posted:

#JustGamerDadThings

Can someone explain this to me

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

One of my coworkers goes to the penny arcade con Mega-dweeb, right?

yeah, what a loser, going to a convention to try to meet people. What a dork

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

istewart posted:

what the hell is that thing on his head

did they rip off the spider-man symbiote storyline when nobody was looking

That's just what Goofy looks like. Those are his ears. Face looks weird because it's mid-animation and he's facing forward.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Smugworth posted:

Can someone explain this to me

His daughter created an animal crossing profile for him (and presumably his wife being the punchline) so she can get special stuff in the game by having other characters interact with her character's stuff

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah, what a loser, going to a convention to try to meet people. What a dork

Mega-dweeb

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
If I were to put that into goon terms, she regged an account under his name that she uses to empty quote her own posts

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Nooner posted:

His daughter created an animal crossing profile for him (and presumably his wife being the punchline) so she can get special stuff in the game by having other characters interact with her character's stuff

what

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Videogames.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Mega-dweeb

ultra-dink

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nooner posted:

If I were to put that into goon terms, she regged an account under his name that she uses to empty quote her own posts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

Sucks rear end
Can't believe Mummy Puffinz goes to conventions for this bullshit

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

*brings this comic close to my face and deeply huffs in*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Sucks rear end
Can't believe Mummy Puffinz goes to conventions for this bullshit

:shrug: get to see some hot cos-play

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

*brings this comic close to my face and deeply huffs in*

shut up putty

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

MrQwerty posted:

lmao his art style was never great but it has evolved to utter poo poo

Speaking for myself and other comic artists in my orbit. I/we really appreciate that he never stops evolving his style. It does look ugly as gently caress at the moment. The fact that he’s willing to look like poo poo and keep experimenting makes him infinitely better than almost every other three panel lovely comic artist. I also don’t understand any joke in any modern penny arcade comic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm so glad I was a "gamer" before being a gamer was so loving lame and embarrassing.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm so glad I was a "gamer" before being a gamer was so loving lame and embarrassing.

Uhhh

I got some bad news for you chief

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

drat I bet moopy poffinz is feeling pretty lovely rn

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Lt. Cock posted:

Speaking for myself and other comic artists in my orbit. I/we really appreciate that he never stops evolving his style. It does look ugly as gently caress at the moment. The fact that he’s willing to look like poo poo and keep experimenting makes him infinitely better than almost every other three panel lovely comic artist. I also don’t understand any joke in any modern penny arcade comic.

It's a cool thing in theory, but it has been looking ugly ever since Scott Kurtz first convinced him to start experimenting (which mostly involved drawing more and more like Scott Kurtz). That was a long time ago.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

wRONG.

Being a gamer was always and still is lame and embarrassing, you utter embarrassment

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

drat I bet moopy poffinz is feeling pretty lovely rn

yeah

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nooner posted:

Uhhh

I got some bad news for you chief

poo poo.

Colonel Cancer posted:

wRONG.

Being a gamer was always and still is lame and embarrassing, you utter embarrassment

poo poo.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It's a cool thing in theory, but it has been looking ugly ever since Scott Kurtz first convinced him to start experimenting (which mostly involved drawing more and more like Scott Kurtz). That was a long time ago.

To be fair I only ever think to look at PA once every five years or so, and the art style always looks different when I do. It stands out to me against the Buckleys or Dilbert Guys.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

well, sin levels did take forever to load

Analytic Engine posted:

#JustGamerDadThings

I still want to know if the art guy had a stroke or intentionally started drawing himself as an adult-sized, buck-toothed 5 year old. Probably the former given that the dialog makes no sense.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
some people just don't appreciate art

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wtf that's his daughter?! How loving old are their kids? How loving old are they? :ohno:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Wtf that's his daughter?! How loving old are their kids? How loving old are they? :ohno:

I mean, they started the comic in 1998, and they were out of school and selling computers at circuit city or something like that at the time.

They were basically broke until years later when someone who actually knew how to run a business came along and showed them how to monetize their audience.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
That's his wife. Always has the same shirt.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I guess he draws her as a child now.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Das Boo posted:

I think we've taken this thread as far as it can go.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah if it just turns into dunking on Penny Arcade... Who is that for?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Yeah if it just turns into dunking on Penny Arcade... Who is that for?

a truly painful question Existentialism question

for us:
"2000s/2010s SA threads that hold up"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Chickencheese

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Wall Balls posted:

powerup comics

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Lt. Cock posted:

His style by the end of their fame was good (to me) and if the writer was replaced it could have eventually gone somewhere great, what with the disposable side-comics like Automata and Ranger Scouts

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Vakal posted:

is VGCats still a thing?

Looks like it hasn't updated since Covid lockdowns in '21. I still recall them making fun of war in the future being all grey and brown with lots of lens flair. Turns out the War in Ukraine looks like that a lot.

The store is still open though!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Apparently Megatokyo still exists gets a new page of sad anime girls every 1 to 4 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The_Franz posted:

Apparently Megatokyo still exists gets a new page of sad anime girls every 1 to 4 months.

That makes me feel so accomplished in comparison.
:unsmith: