Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Riot until thread has sagas rightfully restored to the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jonah Galtberg posted:

is captain invictus really going to be in here posting his vtuber-adjacent waifus without incident? sagas is dead, jeff left it closed too long and killed the vibe

This is not the place for posting grudges.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how VG was starting to apologise that he couldn't perma the fuckwit then he just had to double down so VG was happy to give him a 100k

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

looking forward to seeing how many images of "rhino returning with pizza, stunned/horrified" will be produced by this thread and previous/future ones

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fun hater posted:

that one is chibisoma who is one of those people who seems to haunt every corner of the internet and is loathed everywhere they go lol

My favourite thing about that meltdown is that one of the characters in question was gay, just not with the character he wanted her to be gay with.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

can spend 8000 dollars to voice a character that talks in stupid grunts and gibberish but cant buy a new controller smh

But also won't take a free controller that the devs offered to send to him for ??? reasons

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lol that he thought that a trans person committing a crime meant it was safe to rip his mask off about hating trans people

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Drinkslinger posted:

Fair enough, I know I was being snide with my earlier "oh he only got 12 hours lol" comment so I'll leave it at that

Meanwhile:

I got as far as the initial space flight, then realised I was utterly terrible at piloting the craft, crashed several times, and kinda gave up at that point

It probably didn't help that I perpetually have the No Man's Sky disc in my PS4, so I'm spoilt on the whole "flying a starship from Planet A to Planet B as smoothly as possible" thing.

It sucks because I love the aesthetic of Outer Wilds but I wish the controls didn't annoy me as much as they do :(

I would recommend giving it another go and learning to love the autopilot button.

Also I feel like perfectly smooth ship flight wouldn't fit the ramshackle nature of Hearthian spaceflight.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Autisanal Cheese posted:

the new thread is only four days old and it has 185 pages of posts in it

185 posts doesn't sound like mu- wait... oh no I have to multiply that by 40

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

after several long years of devoted service, my rx 580 is being taken out behind the shed. rest in peace, old gpu

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That astral vs tude match holy poo poo

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 12, 2023

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Frank Frank posted:

Got greedy and went for the bat one too many times

a heel's fall, too much grandstanding

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I haven't played TLoU but GoW PS4 is good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We really need a new Jet Set Radio. I think an indie studio is making an obvious spiritual successor.

play hi-fi rush

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Genuinely saddened that a cool poster was run off by an internet weirdo but Iron Crowned being driven to autoban by 16bb chainprobing is a good consolation lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lobster shirt posted:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender. "You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have... a conversation."

Every time I read this post, a different thing makes me chuckle aloud. This time it was the use of the adjective "darkly".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok I gotta go on an 8 hour drive (just before eid... Which lol its not gonna be just 8 hours I think) but this whole mess is just so many unforced errors, dear god.

Anyway I alluded to it a while back without naming names, but cinci was the one who told me I should seriously consider resigning as mod because I joked that moderating was making me day drink. I just wanted to post a picture of the cocktail I made gdi

(Gin with honey and lime with some passionfruit syrup and crushed dragon fruit)

where's the pizza

did you get a meatlovers

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I invented a cocktail when I was bored at home due to a cyclone closing our work. Brandy, frangelico, cream, chai syrup, shake in ice and serve in a martini glass.

It was delicious. Throwing stuff together is fun and would highly recommend mixing spirits and flavours for shits and giggles.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My cat trained our labradoodle to open the dog door for her. She would sit in front of it and meow until he came and nosed it open and held it until she was through. She was perfectly capable of opening it herself, she just sometimes didn't feel like it.

I miss them both.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My other dog was really good about taking his insulin shots (because dogs can be diabetic) because it always happened right after his meal and right before receiving some wet food, so he'd scarf down his dry food and then sit down and wait very patiently for his shot so he can get the tasty wet food.

He also however would pretend it has been years since his last meal even when we know exactly when we fed him, and would pout at us for snacks. Even if it didn't work, he kept trying and he inherited those stupid sad spaniel eyes from his cavalier side so it was difficult to deny him.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

haha what posted:

EXP - Lurker Development League begins in ONE HOUR (8:00PM EDT) over @ https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon
brought to you by Imp Zone Wrestling Federation

tonight we have a very special TWO DEATHMATCH MAIN EVENT! admin vs mod! vyelkin vs MacheteZombie ! who will be deleted?
and a VERY SPECIAL GUEST takes on the ultimate lurker... can QXZ possibly win? find out!

there are also TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS on the line! i will be making my debut in the opening title match against Homeless Friend for the Women's Championship Belt!

Men's Champion ddinkins takes on Mekchu in a title defence match for the ages! after Mekchu's stunning defeat of the Cyberdemon in last week's deathmatch, ddinkins faces his toughest challenger yet!

all this and more! tonight!

According to your avatar, your costume must either be based on rose or the cat sprite. Which will it be?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh wait my distant memories of mspa have failed me, that is not rose, it is her mom

problem sleuth was where it's at anyway

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

waffleimages is happening all over again

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Does anyone have a link to the thread this came from?

I have vague memories of it being a Something Awful original.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thank you, lmao once again that it was literally the second reply.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i'm so loving mad that i have to go to work now and can't watch!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I apologize for cursing you with this knowledgge but he modded a colony sim so he could forcibly graft dicks from random monsters onto his female colonists

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the games feedback thread caused a mod to watch anime therefore feedback threads are aids

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

anime is actually pretty good, I was making a funny joke you see

I've been watching Little Witch Academia and it's confusing to me that Studio Trigger is responsible for good things (like this, Edgerunners, and Gurren Lagann back when they were Gainax), but also somehow put out Kill la Kill which is bad

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I looked up revue starlight and the word "musical" has piqued my interest enough to put it on my eventual to do list

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Invictus posted:

if you open the images of cards on scryfall in a new tab, they'll be huge. Usually 1000x1200 or whatever, scryfall has some of the best res images of mtg cards out there.

unfortunately wotc has learned that they can charge people huge amounts of money for specialized artwork or well known artists. It's why they have secret lairs with specific artists, like Richard Kane Ferguson, Phil Foglio, and Junji Ito.
Or having the artist for SOTN do an alt art of the vampire planeswalker from the innistrad set

I absolutely picked up this secret lair of metal band versions of Magic cards though

Lmao are those legal to play in official games? They rule.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

why doesn't this ever work for me

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Autisanal Cheese posted:

man that reminds me to catch up on Girl Genius

are they still in the castle

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

civ nukes are weak, planet busters are where it's at

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is, in my opinion, a good video game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Who on earth is Lynx the Dark

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not sure if this is the same LARP as you're all talking about but it involves goons and vampires and, most importantly, burritos, so I'm sharing it anyway.

I want to believe this is true because lmao

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lady Radia posted:

im bored so here's one of my fave mini-sagas: the hogwarts legacy threads

usernames removed out of respect for the living. the rest remains the same to honor the dead

this is kinda cheating bc it's from Games Rules but it was relevant (because it makes me laugh)

unfortunately the following is Sincere

Imp Zone made a thread that was basically the same but IZ funny instead of Games funny

this was my fave part tho lol

they did not bite :(

ok that's my mini saga thanks for reading. thanks. bye

extremely suspicious that a newcomer has knowledge of sagas

probably a rereg of that homestuck poster

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This poo poo is gross as hell but using this thread as a place to get mad about stuff instead of laughing at stuff is what got it closed and I would like this thread to not get closed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Every time people talk about PoE I get excited before I realise they just mean Path of Exile