Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

SomethingAwful may be a dying gay comedy forums but events like this are like a syringe shot of adrenaline right into its goldbelly-encrusted heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Any one of us could be a TDI alt. Many of us don't even know it. Empty shells dreaming that they are men

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

so 50 foot ant was also definitely a TDI alt right

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

I've figured out the only surefire way to find out who is or isn't a TDI alt

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

This is The Thing and everyone is a Dark Id alt until proven otherwise with a blood test.

We find out we've been infiltrated by mimics created by an ancient evil from a frozen wasteland. this is just the thing but without kurt russel

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

The real lesson here is that Canadians inherently cannot be trusted

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Minera posted:

maybe the cancer thats killing him was caused by exposure to depleted uranium rounds from his years as a stealth assassin

it was actually from reading your posts

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Who the gently caress would possibly believe that the hobby of a special ops operator who travels around the globe doing agent 47 assassinations and has his own assassin wife (spy x family rip-off???) Is doing let's plays on the something awful forums

that's how he embedded all the secret codes to other agents

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

:eyepop:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Sally posted:

i havent seen so much of this extra nonsense. that crayon drawing holy poo poo

I could maybe buy that maybe the scanner glass was smudged or dirty or something and that showed up on the scan, but a child absolutely did not draw those. Way too much consistency between them

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Paladinus posted:

*Morpheus showing you two pills*

Take the blue pill and be a regular LP guy with some fans and no drama. Take the red pill and go absolutely off your head psycho for an entire decade.

i kung fu punch morpheus in the balls and he thanks me for it, which is a thing that I actually did

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I always figured "the dark id" was one of those things where you picked an edgy screen name for gamefaqs in 1998 and just kept using it because it was too much hassle to change it, it's hilarious to find out that the persona was just still there in PMs and poo poo for 20+ years

Never trust anyone whose username begins with an article

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

slowbeef calling out TDI's bullshit was like a lit cigarette getting thrown into a gunpowder magazine. this is incredible

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

I'm getting unconfirmed reports That Dark Id is, in fact, the only person that knows how to unlock Goku in Super Smash Bros but he won't tell you because Nintendo would send their assassins

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

You're all gonna feel really silly when the government has to find dark id's shack in the woods for one last job and he's chopping wood despite the dozens of tumors bulging out of his skin

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

Like, Slowbeef is the man Dark Id claimed to be, as far as being a cool guy with a funny wife who loves his children very much, just replace "PMC" with "guy working on getting all the achievements for Kingdom Hearts"

slowbeef was the man who introduced me to the glories of Deadly Poisonous Zanzibar Hamsters and because of this I trust him by default

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

the amount of cancer TDI must have by this point would mean he looks like one of those wasteland goons pre-explosion in fist of the north star

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

ok i don't want to post too much more, just the discords mod posted this to tell people to shut the gently caress up about doubts about tdi's demise

and

There's no way thats not a sockpuppet right

it's the same "badass" posting style and everything

it seems to have worked since people are talking about soups and poo poo now

Dead Idernet Theory.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

I think wandering into the territory of "is (random person in his discord) The Dark Id?" is going a little too far, everybody.

People can be very mentally ill and still contribute good things to society. For instance, I was in here posting before about how b*ba p**rl (gently caress your narcissistic namesearching bullshit, donate your money and throw your router in the garbage) helped me in a dark time by speaking to me about deeply personal experiences related to being a mentally ill artist. Sincerely helpful conversations and sincere support. Even knowing her on the periphery and only speaking to her across social media, I was still hosed up for a good bit, set me back a whole bunch on trust issues.

If I'd known her for several years and spoken to her closely/been in her discord every day or some poo poo like that, I can see how I might've been initially hesitant to trust someone's claims on the internet that are extremely grave accusations to make. It is not that farfetched that he has done good things for people, people who would be hesitant to believe years of support and parasocial or not-so-parasocial bonding, perhaps dozens of hours spent consuming content/participating in streams/etc, were predicated on an extremely fake persona. That doesn't mean he isn't still a hosed up person who lied for decades about some extremely heinous poo poo.

People are not black and white cartoons, they are capable of helping others and still being horrific liars, and therein lies the danger.

Yes the cock's shotgun is stupid as poo poo but look at the guy, not hard to imagine the kind of audience he'd maintain.

nice try TDI

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

THE DARK ID, YOU'VE CHANGED YOUR BIRTHDAY! YOU'VE CREATED A PARADOX!

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

I hope he comes back in a month to post let's plays like nothing happened

For his crimes he is sentenced to an eternity of LPing Major\Minor, and only Major\Minor.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Six alts. More than enough to trick anything that posts.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

i'm laughing at the looney toon imagery here of them walking in always precisely timed with TDI actually pulling the trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

hold on, i've received news we have actual photographic evidence of one of TDI's russian roulette games