Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
pole!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
you will be able to find a lot of anecdotal evidence either way about a subjective cultural concept lol, why do goons act like everything is this 1 or the other with no context

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

i just watched a classic movie or read an engl lit 101 book, and get this: one of its themes relates to a video game

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
suddenly sahelanthropus

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
in morrowind, a "peculiar institution" of chattal slavery is enacted by a special class of powerful wizards

analogous to late stage capitalism

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

pentyne posted:

To be fair the US policy was less 'resident schools for 100+ years to erase culture'

From wikipedia: American Indian boarding schools, also known more recently as American Indian residential schools, were established in the United States from the mid-17th to the early 20th centuries with a primary objective of "civilizing" or assimilating Native American children and youth into European American culture.

pentyne posted:

and more of a 'we tried, can't civilized these savages, dump them in lovely areas and let them call it their own land' and then just let every exploitive business imaginable set up shop 5 feet across the boundary line.

the american indian wars my guy

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
yeah history talk should be banned unless it is about the forums or especially videogames

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AkIfgioA4

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
insane that he almost outlasted this thread

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
pyf posters are our custom titles

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

HazCat posted:

I'm at work so I can't grab quotes

i'm your boss, watching you write paragraphs about how jokes are funny but bad, sighing deeply as you type this

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
furry concentration camp but not an SA admin decision

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
has jeff woken up yet? was in surgery and still groggy but but jfc, sorry radia

fritz the oval office wandering in to do one final trick was certainly something tho

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Lol the story ends a little bit like that but b33r guy might flip out if I post it. Handling it like we did worked really well honestly

i now feel this anecdote was made up and will field 0 questions

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
bought a destroyer album, got home and realised it's a double album. wicked rsd

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
remembering the time a goon said the extremely common german word selektion and any double s in a german word were dog whistles

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Psycho Landlord posted:

what the gently caress

posted:

You know how certain German words no longer get used, because they were so heavily used by the Nazis? Like how SS became ß, because the association with Nazis was just too strong? The ß thing is still up in the air, but "Selektion" is definitely one of those words....it's now used specifically to refer to the Nazis deciding who got gassed and who didn't.

It may just rub me the wrong way because German is my second language, but it's pretty :stare: when combined with all her other poo poo.

selektion is used constantly for coffee "blend" in german lol

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what the gently caress does it being their second language have to do with anything? lol why is that goon so weird?

no clue lol. doesn't add context but it was in response to racist makeup celebrity kat von d using "selektion" in a pallette. it's a weird dog whistle but not because k and ss are verboten in modern germany lol

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
all these space 4x games i end up releasing some sort of robot uprising or nanomachine apocalypse

very ted faro, best intentions but you can't stop what's inevitable

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Nuns with Guns posted:

I'm really interested in trying out Shadows of Doubt, a semi-procedureally-generated murder mystery immersive sim that was just released yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeB4veq5IRI

hey i bought it it's really fun

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
the card art posting here and the mtg art thread rule. i've gotten into the tcg flesh and blood lately and they really go for it on every card

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
yeah i really don't feel it as not a huge competitive guy, you can buy two blitz decks for like 18 bux and play at home with someone. i haven't bought singles but do ok in my lgs, and the insane mark up prices online and speculator stuff I think is just "tcg communities in the 2020's"

the upside of its bad rep is the few people in your game store will flood you with cards and advice. it's a really fun hero based tcg, just ignore the "1st ed booster box selling for £12,000???" reddit posts

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
chuck, chuck! it's marvin. your cousin, marvin sagas thread! you know that even more fail than politics poo poo you've been looking for? read this!

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
shadows of doubt has emergent "random npc walking into a restricted area, sets off every alarm and turret" gameplay, it rules

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

copy posted:

this post made me look the game up. proc gen murder mystery sounds badass

:coolslime:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
uhh, wait til we tell you about a little thing called webcomics

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
rip brandon Lee, killed by a loaded 40 thrown by a bottle kid

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
these castles are public domain ricky

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
ff illustrators are mostly tobacco and black coffee so the cig cures status effects

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Castaign posted:

Looking at the LC, it appears that resident GBS self-loathing aggro poster "carry on then" has finally copped a long overdue (and extremely gently worded) eleven year time out.

v important they're invited to return in a year though, no one falls into a forum spiral twice

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
more like stinkertons

hey everyone, just wanted to reiterate how serious i feel the pinkerton situation is. i would never make light of the situation without painfully explaining how adamantly I stand against union busting detective agencies, especially their presence in the tcg community. as a gamer, i first encountered the union busting scoundrels in red dead redemption,

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

That DICK! posted:

Inconclusive
https://twitter.com/celebriducks/status/1616499730477101057?s=46

Edit: holy crap this was posted the day he died and I’m pretty sure before the news was made public

greying out all the cum in the background

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ilmucche posted:

Did the homestuck child get banned?

what an amazing exchange, wb radia

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
BATEMAN (choking with anxiety): Impressive. Very nice. Let's see Paul Owen's POP.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i will quickly log on to the pyf sagas thread where surely videogame discussion is prevailing, having a great run in shadows of doubt

what the gently caress

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
this type of stuff was acceptable 5 years ago, that means it's good! you're being a regressive prude

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
how many insanely creepy threads and genuinely harassing sex pests has Seth personally kept as pets now? 40?

can't wait for the part of the cycle where they stumble in to fail at trolling the thread

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
ignoring gore posts, a schizo superstar and a fetish thread to blast 6 word posts in the post 5 words here thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i pulled my Xbox 360 out of storage to play from dust last week, why wasn't that a series goddamn