Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

My Queen hot take: the b-sides are better than the songs that get the most radio play.

I'm In Love With My Car is a silly song but it rocks so fuckin hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Riot until thread has sagas rightfully restored to the title.

the sagas -> legends change reminds me of when KM/cascadebeta’s cult members were screaming about how The Firing Range and Goons in Platoons needed to go away and the admins renamed them to Tender Friendly Rambos and Internet VFW

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have covid is over respirator mask face shield Costco guy handy? Someone I’m talking to doesn’t believe he’s real

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I mostly remember rutibex because he got super mad about getting purged from goonfleet a few years ago and tried to strongarm goonswarm directors in a thread in which he had openly discussed doing market botting etc and the economic disparity of minimum wage vs. botting in EVE 8 hours a day

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I've bounced off PoE pretty hard every time I've tried it, maybe I should give it another go

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah not gonna root for someone who cheered two black kids getting murdered as hosed around and found out.

Sadly those posts are lost to the admin forum unless someone has them saved.

I had forgotten about that and was going to consider her 5000 word essay about elf cocks and copulation as the worst post she ever made, but nope, that one takes the cake

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

holy poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

<in a Cool Zone voice> sounds like those cats hosed around and found out

black bloc antifa dogbricker

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Leal posted:

So if they didn't bring up the poster's cat, would this wish of death on another poster gone unpunished?

Almost certainly.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'd say "how did that guy not eat at least a ban+30 by now" but I know exactly how he didn't

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fritz the Horse posted:

No. They barely post, they escaped attention because they're mostly a lurker who has less than 10 posts in the last year. Their unhinged murder fantasies about public figures and other posters is way beyond acceptable for CSPAM, and both vyelkin and I quickly agreed we'd have given them a ban+30 for their prior rapsheet entry from December 2021.

We'd appreciate if folks would PM a mod, admin, or start a SAD thread if there's a serious current issue.

Is the forum admins email good for things like this or does "dude who can't stop talking about his lust for civilian blood" not rate high enough for the oh-poo poo email list? Because we seem to have an awful lot of these types showing their whole rear end these days.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fritz the Horse posted:

Yeah, admin email is good, though I wouldn't say this example was an emergency. We don't get that many admin emails, from what I've seen, a handful a week so far? Certainly it's not going to get lost in the shuffle. The advantage of an email is all of us see it, so you're likely to get a quicker response.

Another good option would be the "small questions" thread in SAD, which I do have bookmarked. You could post there if there hasn't been action on something for a bit, though keep in mind it can sometimes take a few hours until someone goes through reports or whatever.

In this case, it was a little more than 2 hours between the 6er in CSPAM and vyelkin and I noticing the report, having a discussion with CSPAM mods and IKs, and landing on ban+30 with explicit warning the next time they do their thing it's a permaban. The system more or less worked as intended, I think?

Anyhow, the main reason I want to discourage discussion of current moderation issues itt is I think those conversations should be in a public feedback space (SAD or forum feedback threads) so everyone can participate, not in PYF Legends. Or in private, if they're private conversations.

Fair. I just wanted to ask because when the forum admins distribution list was announced it was said that it was the oh poo poo emergency line and what constituted acceptable things to bring up there wasn't actually outlined. I feel like this is the kind of thing that might be a good use for the email list because popping something like this into QCS/SAD has historically resulted in the posting pals of the accused rolling up to stir poo poo. It'd just be nice to make sure we're not going to get blasted by the staff for shooting "so this dude can't stop talking about how much he wants people to die" emails to the admin DL whenever this kind of thing pops up.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Valko posted:

I'm guessing they were pro Bernie?

the combination of c-spam being a "no true leftist" gladiatorial arena around election time and bernie losing the primary to biden broke their brains so hard they became addicted to the idea of donald trump winning again

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I could definitely see people in the covid thread getting themselves into absurd amounts of debt doordashing groceries every week while chanting "covid is over" and alienating their friends and families.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the sagas that have come out of c-spam have come from the covid, trump, and the memory holed rioting/cool zone threads, and specifically from people whose posts are/were almost entirely confined to one or more of those three threads. Unfortunately they're also the most profitable threads on all of SA.

I don't mean to start a current drama thing but there are people who are absolutely addicted to posting in the trump thread for example. It got rebooted four days ago and there are posters in there with eight, nine, ten pages of posts. Each. Already.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 11, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mom coulda done better when remarrying but we fall in love with who we fall in love with. we still get together for lunch once a month

hug your moms, call em if they're too far away.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

fabgoons (and maybe also the trans thread?) moved there because Bobby Wickham was one of the worst moderators this website has ever had, peace thread probably has some funny story about why it's there, and the rest of them suck rear end but not quite enough to get obliterated by the admins apparently

on the other hand if I'm remembering the timeline right then it saved them from being under the purview of koalas march and cascadebeta at the time of the troubles, and I can only imagine THAT would have been a fascinating nightmare for the residents

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

she's an absolute sweetheart and it sucks that she's gone. i hope she'll feel safe enough to come back under a different account someday but i totally understand if she doesn't

I'm insanely pissed that a poltics forum mod and politics forum admin (jeez wow it's like we've seen this episode before) enabled some psychopath to doxx her and are going to get away with it. nobody deserves that poo poo and jeff should be loving ashamed of himself for letting these dipshits have buttons

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

send her our love, and sorry that all this dumb bullshit happened!

seconded, she's a great poster and I hope she'll feel comfortable coming back in the future. :glomp:

TheSwizzler posted:

Spinz eating her fortieth ban for getting bachelorette party drunk at her computer again and screaming at people randomly over old forums grudges

not a huge thing since she'll rereg but its pretty illustrative of the problem

at least she didn't talk about her sex life in graphic detail this time I guess

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

Weekend ain't over yet, nor is Meltdown May and it's still April

double posting because lol of course the insane KF poster was a long running perma alt

god drat this website

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fritz the Horse posted:

dicky mouse, I did the alt check and fluff can't spell

e: it was panel-permabanned and that is enough of a reason to just yeet the kiwifarms poster. he was in my PMs saying it's normal and fine to post on kf

imo panel edit the ban reason to mention he's a kiwifarms shithead. the extra context makes it stand out from the usual psychotic rereg guy that 99% of permas are for

e: nvm just saw who posted this tell fluff or prag to do it since they're the only admins I trust these days and that's fuckin weird

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 17, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Sounds like another mod doing some doxxing has hit the site lmao.

Can’t help them selves lol

I'm glad fluffdaddy is stepping up to just make poo poo happen now that it's been proven that jeff has less backbone than lowtax's corpse

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

hm i guess to elaborate in a vague fashion leon didn't actually dox anyone (hence why he hasn't been permabanned) or do anything malicious but i think there was some rather cavalier handling of some PI. which, in the context of everything that has happened recently, the admin team seems to want to nip in the bud. sorry i really don't want to get super into the weeds here but i also don't want people to think that there was some flagrant "user's irl name and address is..." thing happening.

also if anyone doesn't know and is curious mods can't see (or i guess if we can i have no idea how to lol) personal information, our tool for alt checks is just asking an admin.

turns out the formerly permabanned guy who had gotten multiple warnings *after* being unpermad to stop being a fuckin weirdo in D&D wasn't fit to be a moderator of D&D (or any forum for that matter). who could have guessed!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Here's a fun little brain teaser, the staff tried to make him an admin back in february:

loving hell it is amazing how many bullets this forum manages to dodge by constantly tripping on its own feet

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

yeah i mean i don't want to defend anything that has happened or anyone involved, i just want to make it clear - from the perspective of someone who doesn't want people even more distrustful of site staff - that there was no doxing here, leon did not dox anyone or even actively try to do something harmful.

sorry i hate doing stuff like this i hope this isnt mod voice lol.

oh no it just seemed like a good jumping off point for some snark. all good homie :respek:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Did arf's zack snyder aids post kill an admin or was it mods only

Four mods, zero admins iirc

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TheMightyBoops posted:

Wasn’t there a time when the forums had a NordVPN sponsorship?

it still does, but NordVPN still ain't gonna do poo poo for you for privacy if the cops give enough of a poo poo to get a warrant

great for torrents tho, I hear

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

londonarbuckle posted:

You know, there's a million fine looking strip club patrons in the world. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em are just dog owners.

lmao

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

iron crowned trying to use a plate of lasagna to bribe his way up from the cheap seats

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ribs on jeff's consciousness aside I'm more than willing to blast as much bandwidth as I have available to stopping imgur links on SA and elsewhere from going dead

this is a potential project that goes beyond SA. this an internet-wide cataclysm in the making that we should honestly all give a poo poo about

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

suspecting that years later the guy pretending to be a girl on fortnite will realise they were not pretending after all

it usually seems to start out that kind of way doesn't it

"nah man I only play females in wow because I don't want to be staring at a guy's rear end all day ha ha ha yeah"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

i decided to spend a little time watching a starcraft lp and this guy is just constantly complaining about blizzard and starcraft,v ery negative, i just want to have fun watching someone play and enjoy a game i played and enjoyed. what is wrong with this.

blizzard people are the are the antimatter version of disney people. they absolutely hate everything about the company but they're mainlining every release anyways

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

tbf the smorky thing is one thing i cant blame lowtax for because i would also probably go off the deep end if a guy id known for years and let around my children turned out to be, shmorky

the icing on that particular cake was someone showing up six months to announce that shmorky was dead and they were selling klurf NFTs in memoriam... and it turned out to be the lowtax cumshot pic lady

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

what is with these forums and turning fixing some random insane guy into a community project instead of just banning him

it's always been a problem but it got made even more common during the "we can't ban people because rereg money will go to a wifebeater" era, which a lot of mods/admins still seem to think we live in

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I almost got probated for saying "nom epique delenda est" in the gibbis feedback thread because Seth is very defensive of him.

That dude's eaten like, a dozen threadbans on three or four alt accounts lmao

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bitcoin millionaires tend to be pretty bad with money so buying a collapsing forum from a serial domestic abuser is kind of par for the course

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Enough about me, let's talk about XboxPants.

Is that like goku pants but with the wrong kind of RAM

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

its pinkherturn now

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

im bored so here's one of my fave mini-sagas: the hogwarts legacy threads

usernames removed out of respect for the living. the rest remains the same to honor the dead

this is kinda cheating bc it's from Games Rules but it was relevant (because it makes me laugh)

unfortunately the following is Sincere

Imp Zone made a thread that was basically the same but IZ funny instead of Games funny

this was my fave part tho lol

they did not bite :(

ok that's my mini saga thanks for reading. thanks. bye

lol. wb radia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm starting to think that there should be an automatic altcheck on every single new registration.