Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

One of these days somebody should do a big writeup of all the insane Eve Online poo poo, would make for some good reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

some players proposed finding a way to cut the power to another players house during one of the space battles to keep him from joining lol

Last year a guy confessed to personally witnessing and abetting like half a dozen or so various crimes committed by alliance leaders including sexual assault, and got permaed for it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Touhou music owns and the weirdo should be chain probated until he stops posting imho

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I tried Path of Exile once, got to level 2, opened that sphere grid, and then uninstalled the game.

Good news they've since added mini sphere grids you can slot into your big sphere grid, all of the endgame content is on a big sphere grid of maps with several sub sphere grids that change how drops etc. work, and in the latest league items can now have their own sphere grids.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sometimes mods or iks will give everyone posting in a thread image sixers because they can.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Sometimes mods will offer (or posters will ask for) picture probes. Like, my latest three entries are a Heathcliff comic, a cat I befriended and a nazi getting punched, because those are cool pictures I like. It's just a cute thing for mods/threads to do sometimes.

The funniest part is that apparently there are some users who browse the forums primarily via the Leper's Colony, who would get absolutely steamed that there's a page of gifs in there and make angry threads in QCS about the Leper's Colony being unreadable.

People whining about pictures in the LC will never not be funny to me.

I would like it if it was more filterable/searchable than it currently is but I imagine that's fairly low priority

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Screaming internally at this but also lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

And what he liked was huge bomb rear end titties

the only relatable media critic

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Paladinus posted:

It's amazing how utterly inconsequential in terms of impact on gaming trends Bioshock Infinite has turned out to be. On the other hand, Bioshock (or BioShock) is still golden standard for 'shooters with plot', so Ken Levine didn't even need to make Infinite.

inconsequential impact on gaming trends, yes, but 3D animation on the other hand...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Paladinus posted:

The goon who made the video didn't actually know about the Wounded Knee Massacre (on the account of not being American) and legitimately thought it was a Skyrim reference.

lmfao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Turdiak

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

"Yelling at a webcomic artist about your ship not being canon so hard that he shows up in the SA thread to dump your PMs" and "tanking your Twitch speedrunning career by obviously cheating at Paper Mario" together are an impressive loser resume even by goon standards, although I feel like it needs a fetish roleplaying account to really hit the trifecta

An even more impressive trifecta than managing to get permanent bans from TVtropes, gamefaqs, and reddit all on the same username for wildly different reasons.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Goddamn I'm surprised he didn't snap his neck backpedaling that hard

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Of all my posts that could be made into a thread title, lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Proving grounds was removed a couple expansions ago iirc

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Thank fuckin God that's over

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm just glad I will never have to see one of his creepy-rear end posts in the Fire Emblem thread ever again

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That DICK! posted:

i posted in the aol the phantom menace chatroom and most of them were roleplaying being in star wars, but i was exiled for 'moding' after a guy challenged me to a duel and i chopped his head off with a lightsaber

lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

lmao

There is no such thing as normal. Any therapist or psychologist can tell you that. And if the majority of the people on this rotten planet are really of the same mindset as the people in the sagas thread then I am more than happy to go through the rest of my life being abnormal because I will never behave the same way as they do and I will never find their toxic morning radio shock jock humor funny

syq

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ah yes the elephant dipshit

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lady Radia posted:

posters are their avs, no ifs ands or buts about it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

darkwasthenight posted:

Lobster Shirt is quoting a bad post made in the thread they linked. It's bad, but this is also on the same page and is a sensible chuckle.

lol drat that's some multi layered irony

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

There is a dude whose av is him IRL because it's of the time he was on TV to say he's glad Thatcher's dead

I support him

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Seems like they got exactly what they deserved

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

you have the power to give people there the Joe Biden gangtag

This is too much power to give to one butthead

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

But you should absolutely abuse the gently caress out of it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

the only opinion you need is that they're extremely fail, op

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it was from this

Never not loling at this post

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Everyone who doesn't post in those threads regularly knows they suck rear end, no reason to repeat it until it becomes boring and unfunny.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

looking forward to seeing CUM PASS on every cspam poster

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

nrook posted:

the gogeta of aids

good username imo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not convinced goons have ever produced funny music aside from Pieces of Hate and TLO Roll Call, and those were by the same guy

The eve echoes goons made some pretty funny musical parodies a couple years ago

Also niel cicerega was a goon when he made ultimate showdown so that probably counts

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

buglord posted:

That’s…that’s not George Floyd is it

You know the answer to this one

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fabgoons (and maybe also the trans thread?) moved there because Bobby Wickham was one of the worst moderators this website has ever had, peace thread probably has some funny story about why it's there, and the rest of them suck rear end but not quite enough to get obliterated by the admins apparently

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

When Koos Group became the main admin for D&D, he moved the main US Current Events discussion thread over there for a few months. Somehow that turned one of the shittiest threads in D&D into... well, I don't know, I'm not gonna read it, but according to the mods it's now it's far far less lovely and they have no idea why.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that it's probably because it separated the tedious debate club people and the people who got insanely mad at the tedious debate club people and the latter calmed way the hell down with nobody to get insanely mad at, or something

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

buffalo all day posted:

My recall is that people really wanted to (1) post goatse and (2) call kolby a retard in there, and rather than have it be in GBS but have different rules from the other threads they moved it. Pretty sure the final impetus for the move was goatse related

It was called War, Peace, and Goatse for a while for a reason

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ignoring someone who is a better poster than you is a very bitchmade move tbh

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is why I don't ignore anyone

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Thread iks can't be blocked from posts in the thread they IK. They can be blocked from posts made outside that thread.

lol radium