Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

good threads never die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I had to hound some kid that was a grade ahead of me in middle school like a loan shark between periods because he had my copy of ESPN Extreme Games on PSX. It was the final week or two of class and he was graduating to high school, so I knew I would never see this kid in my life again. Absolutely had to be able to skate, blade, bike, and street luge over the summer.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I was young or high or both when I watched Evangelion the first few times, so I rewatched the original series, all the movies, and the first 3 rebuilds leading up to the release of the 4th rebuild.

I'm not sure I understood it any better, but it was still great

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

my 16 year old virtua stick high grade is starting to fail me just 2 days into SF6 :( I hope one of the pieces I ordered will be able to fix it and keep the thing going.

freemandela posted:

any recommendations for arcade sticks? i hate playing on controllers

e: i used to use a hori, but they're expensive

I briefly looked at what it would be to replace it and yeeeeeeeesh

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I played Half Life when it first came out on the family computer, and my dad always made me uninstall it when I was done because it took up too much space up on our precious 1.5gb hard drive.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Body horror stuff freaked me out as a kid, I remember the face hugger from alien and the cockroaches that went under your skin in X-Files made me very uneasy. Same with some loving bug in Aeon Flux that I think carried a horrible virus but doubled as a spreadable appetizer? I could be getting my weird cartoons mixed up.

The weirdest thing that freaked me out as a kid though was Homer getting the top of his dome cut off and brain ripped out during a Treehouse of Horror ep. I didn't listen to Marge's warning!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

vyelkin posted:

I picked up Elden Ring in the PS summer sale and I've never played a dark souls before and I'm getting my rear end kicked lol

this was me once upon a time but by the end I liked it so much I picked up all 3 dark souls + sekiro during the steam summer sale.

Finished Dark Souls Remastered: fantastic
Half way through Dark Souls 2: Sins of the First Scholar: It’s different!
Dark Souls 3 & Sekiro: Looking forward to!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

:smith: is from this thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1548543

which i got from this thread that I bookmarked and never read: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484928&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

VostokProgram posted:

too bad the images are dead

curses, well iirc every image was :smith: but on a body as bad luck befell him as outlined in the caption

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

were they crying?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if you arent from seattle you wouldnt get it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Martman posted:

I'm from Oakland, and got used to Portland being the white flight destination for people who got too scared of the bay area (aka too disgusted by homelessness a lot of the time). Since Portland also got crazy I wonder if you had lots of the same people, or just people in similar situations, bailing from there and viewing Seattle as the last great hope

seattle didnt need any help generating those types (not that theyre in the lan thread)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

*sees 700 posts in the legends thread*
oh no
*checks the lepers colony first*
OH NO

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I tried to cut back on caffeine but that really just meant I switched from drinking the occasional Bang which is like 300mg or something crazy instead to a redbull every other day cut with seltzer. I've never stopped making cold brew with costco espresso beans steeped in mason jars overnight, however. I use my pour over carafe for filtering that and the occasional Japanese iced coffee

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is there still a SC thread recap thread? I want to know what’s up with SC again, but only a little.

Not sure if this is the only one I just noticed it when I was looking for a different thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842241

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Checking out what new Goosebumps were available is the only thing I remember looking for in those Scholastic Book Fair catalogs

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

felt like 5 minutes before it looped and I’m still not sure I get it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

cant believe their plan of putting it behind spoiler tags to grant them immunity didnt work

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

not me i was sitting further to the right of that sign with my own about our TKO née PSP née RR née WH2K forum

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Drinkslinger posted:

I’m still playing Teardown

It’s got mods that let me summon a T-Rex and shoot its face off with a railgun

Then I switched to the mall map, used another mod to spawn hordes of zombies outside, and reenacted Dawn of the Dead

Game owns

wait what the gently caress last time I played all that I could do was change pipe bombs into bananas! Guess I gotta get back to it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

my son will be told to git gud until he does

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Is it weird that they referred to themselves as never having a symptomatic covid infection? Like are they hedging their bets in case they had COVID and didn't notice, or did they catch COVID it just didn't count?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

just couldn't say good bye to those CoD account achievements

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

his account was by request not banned for dying so this should be a perfect moment to come back and lay it all on the table like the WSOP cards he never held

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

huh well that was a surprise artist when I glanced at my phone while working

it was a chiptune cover

edit: lol found it https://archive.org/details/mbid-426ca261-8d2f-42b1-8d11-a5421e683fb1_201509/10+David+Pomeranz+-+Nothing%27s+Gonna+Stop+Me+Now.mp3

Tweak fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 12, 2023

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

hbag posted:

ive also been getting back into minecraft because my friends set up a server for us. a lot of poo poo has been added or changed since i last played

I'm running into the same thing after not playing for a long time, at least most of the basics seem the same. My kid keeps finding & watching minecraft videos so he asks me to play it, unimpressed to learn that I've had a copy for something like 13 years. I assume however, that after showing him Mario Wonder yesterday, he'll ask me to play that with him instead.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I had a 3DO as a kid, it had a bunch of weird games but it also had Star Control 2 which owns. Came with a huge fold out star map for me to be both completely in awe but also completely confused

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

greetings richie rich

if richie rich's riches were from a step dad running up credit cards, then yes hello!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the longest youtube ep and series I’ve watched was the secret base/jon bois history of the seattle mariners. It was great, goms

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

a long time ago instead of a spooky movie I convinced my friends they should watch me play this new game I got that I bet is just as spooky as the first one. We set up like a local twitch stream for me to play in one room and they watched in another.

It was machine for pigs, everyone was bored

happy ending tho was we tried it (playing a game instead of watching spooky movie) again one time but with outlast 2 on a tv in the same room and that was great

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

why wouldn't you just move the mountain dew can before taking the picture

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that was my first instinct but it seemed like a thread here, too

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

can't believe there are 2 brick related sagas now

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lobster shirt posted:

i like the scp thats a recording of a celtics-heat game

I remember liking this one too, as well as the other tape related scp of reagan giving a speech but receiving an increasing amount of violent wounds while speaking incoherently. I still have an old SCP thread at the bottom of my bookmarks with thousands of unread posts because every so often someone would find a good one.

I wonder how much AI written bullshit they have to deal with now.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I put together a zip line for my kid’s birthday today and thanks to this forum knew what not to do

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I watched all of Shoresy without seeing anything but one or two episodes of Letterkenny (I'll get to it!) and Shoresy rules

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I played dark souls 1-3 + DLCs because I never had before last summer. They were great, but I’m bummed I couldnt do Demon Souls or Bloodborne since I’m PC only. I have Sekiro on deck though

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Stux posted:

demons souls emulates rly well on rpcs3

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

demons souls emulates pretty well these days on rpcs3 if your pc is good enough to meet the specs. theres even a private server so you can enjoy a facsimile of the online aspect. bloodbornes not happening though

I was hoping for the remake, but thanks goons I will look into this. Also reminds me while my PC should be fine I still have a PS3 in a storage box somewhere.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

oh I thought it was just like a DS1 remastered situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Heath posted:

Samus deserves better than this.

Super Metroid is one of my all time favorite games and all the speed running for it is really cool, so I was pretty pissed to learn the lore of those fine(?) sparks tags I thought were neat

Tweak fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 15, 2024