Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
first come first serve, no reservations allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe you only gave that guy who hates Queen a sixer. soft on crime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

symbolic posted:

o poo poo happy bday Kaguya, lemme post one of my favorite 2hu covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugqjcXjpCts
Richaad's done a ton of excellent touhou covers, and covers in general, he's real good.

one of my favorite parts of touhou fan remixes is it doesn't matter what you're looking for, there's a remix in whatever style you want. disco, metal, jazz, hell I've heard a few in the style of old timey whimsical early 1900s music. there's gotta be what, half a million remixes out there at this point? the megatorrent I downloaded 15 years ago had something like 50,000 remixes in it, I can only assume it's blown up astronomically since then

here's one of my favorite remixes of touhou music, there's so much to choose from tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KVxTKa_W0c

probably one of my favorite touhou things was, if I'm recalling the story correctly, ZUN tried to make a new version of Marisa's theme, Love Colored Master Spark, to use for her theme in a new game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBJ4NMOBV0

but he was extremely drunk while composing it, and so instead ended up with Magus Night, which is imo wayyyy better than LCMS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1gNmUnD_M

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

they didn't take kindly to your stance on Queen, I guess

which reminds me, the sleeper best song for Queen is the one that inspired some of the greatest tactical-RPGs ever made, Ogre Battle
the actual best queen song is Great King Rat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

One of these days somebody should do a big writeup of all the insane Eve Online poo poo, would make for some good reading.
I think Vilerat actually recruited people through eve online to become diplomats irl wow, I can't believe the great injustice that is them never actually giving Mercenarynuker, answerer of The Fork Question, the fork plat icon. he still posts, admins, you still have an opportunity to right this wrong!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pentyne posted:

man spoke truth to power, unafraid of the consequences
I am relatively new to the thread, what happened to Lurdiak. he used to try to start poo poo with me all the time in a wide variety of threads

like I know he left and people mocked him a bunch for being lame but was there more to that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jonah Galtberg posted:

i'm being normal and not weird over here listening to.. innocent music? ??
bless your heart, you're trying your best

edit: combining bickering and ronald jenkees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASyPncXZ02Y

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 2, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Antivehicular posted:

He started a thread in Imp Zone for his team's game jam game (I say "his team," but he seems to have just done some voice work and sat around their Discord?), and when someone posted completely legitimate and reasonably-phrased constructive criticism, he lost his poo poo and started talking about how everyone in Imp Zone was an rear end in a top hat and wanted to kill him
that's it? well, I hope they're doing better mentally, if they were in a bad enough place that some light criticism got to them that much.

I always conflate lurdiak and liquid penguins for some reason, so I always have to remind myself that it wasn't lurdiak who messaged me saying they know where I live

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

symbolic posted:

sorry, i beg your pardon
liquid penguins was a creepy freak and messaged me that out of nowhere, they got perma'd for something unrelated so it doesn't matter anymore but when I messaged axemaniac saying "hey this weirdo sent me this extremely creepy message" he was like "hands tied, can't do anything, your word against his"

fun hater posted:

the only thing i know abt touhou is clownpiece is dressed like that bc shes trying to scare the moon kingdom by dressing up as the americans that walked on the moon. hope this helps
I thought she was the actual american flag that was on the moon, but because of enough people believing the moon landing was faked, the idea of the moon landing being real became enough of an uncertainty with enough people that it entered the realm of potential myth and thus manifested in gensokyo where all myths end up

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

AxeManiac was so useless in so many ways.
I mean, he wasn't just useless.

people call me a freak among other things but at least I've never done anything even remotely like that horrific drawing that was posted in the last thread that axemaniac drew.

edit: this lurdiak thread is great

Cubone posted:

thought you'd just wander into kakariko village and start slapping cuccos around huh bitch

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
touhou's story boils down to a bunch of people trapped in a time bubble who get bored of their eternal containment and beat the poo poo out of each other for fun, then have a drinking party afterwards. this was the gist of things for most storylines up until I stopped following it and I choose to believe the tradition continued past that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The only thing I remember about torchlight is the mod that turned my pet into an otter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't remember much about helldump itself except the goon they harassed like crazy for having a yoshi fursona. Yoshisona? I don't know if there was anything deeper than that, but boy they hunted down every scrap of information about him they could find.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MarcusSA posted:

Mini “saga” involving the 2019 GIP secret Santa

Guy gets nice gift package

Guy almost causes National emergency trying to calibrate one of the gifts.
to be fair, if I knew I was sending a gift to the guy who posts the Luca photos, I'd send a huge gift with some wild poo poo in it too.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

here's jeff as pizza face

lmao, who's peppino then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it IS cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Drinkslinger posted:

PYF Something Awful Legends: Screaming internally at this but also lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It was Inco in the thread Dr. Kermit Gosnell and the Little Clinic of Horrors. Five pages into a horrific discussion about a shady abortion clinic this happened:

Then he posted it a bunch more times because he thought his phone was eating his posts.
bringing this up again because it is incredible lmfao

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok I know people may get mad about this but please also do acknowledge how ridiculously stupid and funny "we forgot" is to the question "why didn't you perma ban the lovely dog hating strip club dude that nobody likes?"
It's really funny and it led to the entertainment of 16bbh sixering him into oblivion so while it may not have been worth it it sure did lead to some good entertainment

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is it possible for things to not be on fire on this website for like a week? maybe?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

rarely, but the longer it goes without a fire the worse the fire is when it inevitably happens.
shitposts, the dry underbrush buildup of forums

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Boba Pearl posted:

Animals are extremely precious, I can't think of a single animal that I don't at least appreciate somewhat, though a lot of invertebrates terrify me, I still think they're cool. I love it when my cat will just sit with me and we chill in the same space.
mosquitoes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

really queer Christmas posted:

Since the Sagas thread directly led to the creation of the new goonfund, and since the poster in question was often ITT, I wanted to link my post that talks about the fund, and this weekend's incredibly awful event.
gently caress, man

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
losers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I keep my dogs separate, they are able to be together but get worked up too easily so we usually keep them apart. So what I did was put a chair next to the gate between them, and they'll sit and preen and nuzzle each other for hours.

I'm hoping to do some remodeling and have a room for both of them with beds and everything soon, currently one sleeps with mom on her bed and the other refuses to sleep on the bed I made him and just sleeps flopped on the hardwood floor instead 🤷‍♂️

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this SAD thread I almost want to say should be goldmined

it's crap-rated, sure, and the OP is garbage, absolutely, but the third page really makes it as the OP gets more and more insanely irate, followed by Rodbeard chaos dunking him out of nowhere with a post ups_rail made about shmorky seven years ago which resulted in them getting perma'd, had me howling. and then the reveal it's actually an alt of a permabanned user...who was then revealed to have been KNOWN to be an alt of the perma'd user and yet allowed to continue to post for six more years before they finally nuked him

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dandywalken posted:

whats a good follow-on series for Chainsawman? Now that Ive wrapped it up want to check something else similar
You should absolutely read dorohedoro

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That reminds me the new set is constructed legal on MTGO today
are you still playing mtg? New set looks real fun, can't wait to play it this weekend, got a bunch of arena draft tokens lined up for it

Half of Dracula posted:

gently caress yeah dude I love Hidetsugu
how have none of you posted the best one yet, fblthp and borborboborbo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah, I took a little break since we moved but I’ve been playing on MTGO here and there and I went to an RCQ a few weeks ago and got a couple lined up in the next few months
Nice, I wanted to go to the prerelease last Friday but I had to work so couldn't since Im out of sick days, I really wanna do an in person prerelease at some point since I got back into mtg right as covid lockdowns began. But they're always on Fridays and I have to work

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I remember watching a stream of that and the "game" rules so much I went to give them money for making such a dumb fun thing but the only thing you can actually pay for is the soundtrack for 99 cents.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heath posted:

fun fact: borborygmi are sounds that your gut makes when it's churning up diarrhea or a big fart
imagine the cataclysmic ones that cyclops would make

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

symbolic posted:

lmao but also that might be deec for my Jund EDH deck...
within hours of that card getting revealed someone had already designed a deck entirely around getting that on the field and flinging it into your opponents face for lethal damage by turn 3

Man I love magic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Silly me thinking I could quote a post a page back and assume nothing stupid or horrific got revealed about someone in the interim posts

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pablo Nergigante posted:

So uh… Battles huh?
What would these forums do if they were a battle and flipped?

MarcusSA posted:

There really is no way they could have known this would happen.
"no way to prevent this" says forum where it happens constantly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

tbh the day that the Leon guy tried to make it look like someone was one way obsessed with him by editing all his old posts to remove mentions of them, that was when he shoulda been booted

anyone who thinks that's a normal thing to do is mental
that is some genuinely crazy person poo poo, if it was to put an end to it or something, MAYBE???? but instead he did it in order to manipulate people? gently caress that guy

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Pink rear end goon is probably death cob for cutie

The best Magic legend teamup card is Kogla and Yidaro
I was so fuckin excited when that card got revealed, Yidaro was probably my favorite card from all of Ikoria, I built multiple decks all around trying to cycle that big dumb idiot enough to get him to autocast every time I drew him. sucker-punching dumb control decks with the 8/8 uncounterable haster was an absolute joy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

samcarsten posted:

man, SA used to really hate furries, huh? Like, the Malorta guys are weird and pitiable, but t people are openly lusting for furry death in that thread.
my friend there was literally a subforum outed furries were exiled to called the Furry Concentration Camp and they were given yellow star of david badges as avatars

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

skeleton warrior posted:

People are missing the best part

THIS is the fursuit he had made so he could go to cons and support his daughter:

thats a very cool dad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man I wish my dad was that cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had a strategy guide as a kid for ff3(6) that was as thick as a drat dictionary, like an inch and a half thick. It had a big sword on the cover with a golden dragon hilt and was all UNOFFICIAL, drat right it was unofficial like 90% of the poo poo it described wasn't even in the game

It was basically a gamefaqs troll guide but printed