Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't believe you only gave that guy who hates Queen a sixer. soft on crime

We should all strive to have such forgiveness in our hearts that we can let go such an offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

So after about a year break, I came back to following this thread (well, the last one) just recently to catch the details about SPR's saga.

Now that I'm finally caught up: what's with the sleepy Jeff jokes? Clearly I missed something during my hiatus.

Jeff posted a few times in the SAD thread about the sagas thread then completely disappeared for over a week. So people started making jokes about how he needed his naps.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Chibisoma was mad about his controller and had a twitter meltdown at the Bastion developers about it. MrBibs had other video game fights with developers, like arguing with RopeKid in the Fallout New Vegas thread. Plus the time Jack from Red Letter Media told him on stream "MrBibs you are completely wrong."

The exact quote was "Misterbibs, you are horribly incorrect."

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Driftingmouse had a tendency to post their obituaries in the RLM thread, and when people ignored them would demand to know if people had seen it. Which led to this:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not convinced goons have ever produced funny music aside from Pieces of Hate and TLO Roll Call, and those were by the same guy

Ho Ho Ho, It's Christmas Time is a classic

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

lobster shirt posted:

was looking at the saclopedia and man this website used to be bad

:whitewater:

To be fair there were weirdo perverts all over the internet lusting after that particular teenage girl, so it wasn't really a case of this website being worse than anywhere else. It was a case of the entire internet being inappropriately horny for a 17 year old girl. Very cool society we have here.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i am getting heavy “grognard sexual assault mechanics in my table top rpg” vibes from the rimworld discussion, tbh, and iMm not sure that’s an uncharitable or very charitable reading of the game.

This guy heavily modded the game, so no, horrible alien penis implantations aren't a part of Rimworld.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The whole thing was a lead up with the mods making the worst possible decisions in general, and for once without even Lowtax being involved. Also Koala's March supposedly trusted PPJ's word.

I legit think they were all just trying to have his back, but when they asked him to come up with an excuse he said, "Uh, I'm a spy," and then they were stuck with the dumbest possible thing to defend.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Well this has been a day. Stay safe Boba.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Psycho Landlord posted:

Durance in Pillars of Eternity made me kinda retroactively appreciate Ulysses and Kreia more because despite how loving annoying Avellone's writing can be when he decides its time for you to read his works, I no longer believe you're actually intended to agree with his characters, which is the vibe a lot of folks seemed to have gotten from the latter two (and I absolutely thought Kreia was supposed to be right when I first played Kotor II)

I think he just likes writing opinionated and obsessive assholes for the player to tear apart either literally or verbally

Also Grieving Mother is the worst character he ever wrote

Kreia and Ulysses are villains who have the worldviews they do because they failed doing things both the 'right' way and the 'wrong' way. So they come up with a third way that is somehow the worst possible option, but because of their trauma they have come up with a very clear and articulate reason for why everyone has to die now thank you very much. It's really easy to get lost in the weeds of their arguments and lose sight of the fact that their goals would mean massive amounts of suffering for everyone. Neither really expects to defeat you in the traditional sense, but both have a best case scenario that relies on them convincing you, however briefly, that there is some value in their arguments. Just long enough for their plan to work.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

One questline has a nice capstone of a character breaking down and saying you were right all along, and they shouldn't have done the thing you spent all game telling them not to do.

Pretty sure that's Merrill. Fun fact, on my second playthrough of DA2 I was trying to romance Fenris, even got the mid game 'breakup', but while we were broken up it turns out I had picked one flirt option with Merrill, who I had been maxing rivalry with. So suddenly Merrill is asking to hate gently caress my character and I just rolled with it. Really crazy playthrough.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Oxxidation posted:

I have no idea what BioWare intended with Sera. they’ve made plenty of characters I dislike but she’s the only one whose purpose is totally inscrutable

She's funny! SHE STOLE THEIR PANTS! DON'T YOU GET IT? Oh wait now she's basically demanding you ignore the evidence in front of your eyes if you want to keep her romancing you, literally demanding you gaslight yourself. BUT SHE'S DEFINITELY FUNNY!

NO I AM NOT YELLING TO COVER UP MY INABILITY TO LIE!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

DaysBefore posted:

Pope Exorcist vs Young Pope, who wins

Young Pope, cause demons ain't real, but regressive Catholics are.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Fajita Queen posted:

I think you'll find that demons are indeed real, Jeff is making one an admin as soon as he wakes up

I think I'd still take Jude Law in a fight with any goon.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Valko posted:

I remebered my first interaction with 3O. I went and looked up the thread. What's really strange about reading a thread that's a few years old is seeing just how many people posting in it are permabanned or just regular banned and didn't come back. I also found this:

That guy hasn't posted since April 2020. Maybe someone should sit him down, give him a cup of chamomile tea and then spend several hours explaining what has happened since.

I think someone else bought him that, so maybe there's a reason they haven't posted since 2020.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Valko posted:

Goddamn Dyson.

I remember about 20 or more years ago when he first started marketing his stupid cyclone vacuum cleaners. They advertised it as never losing suction power, like a hoover does when the bag is almost full. My dad, being the technophile that he is, had to have one. Never losing suction power isn't a big sell when there is barely any to begin with. It couldn't lift cigarrette butts off the tile floor of the bar.

It got locked up in the attic along with the excercise bike and the fondue pot.

Dyson is not a genius. I hate to bring politics in here but what sort of buisinessman who relied on exports supported brexit? He could have failed his way into Elon Musks shoes if circumstances were different.

You aren't wrong. I've found that for every advanced feature Dyson products have, there is some basic feature that they lack because of their minimalist design.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

making bosses impossible to beat to slow down the players and hide that content isnt finished is a common thing mmo's do and its funny every time

C'thun was the final boss of that raid tier though, there was literally nothing after C'thun to finish.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

That was the one where you could castrate people so they could become eunuchs, right?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Antivehicular posted:

It's amazing how quickly I recoil from any past that starts with "storytime" and an emoji. Brain just refuses to process anything further

If that didn't turn you off of that post, the completely incomprehensible dialect certainly would. It's like the anti-Mark Twain.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This only proves more than one person was involved and that doesn't actually exculpate anyone.

Hedrigall loved to post horny poo poo over in threads he considered home turf, but also posted all over the forums. He posted relatively normally in a lot of threads. I think a lot of posters who don't leave their comfort zones very much might have been familiar with him but not with his larger reputation. He was clearly capable of controlling himself, he just chose not to. It's the only excuse I can see for speaking up for Hedrigall. But you'd think that people would actually look up the sort of poo poo he was doing that got him banned in the first place before speaking up for him.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

What is it about this website that drives people who get banned from it insane?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh come ON the only reason she has any sense of notability is due to her association with shmorky also who replays their own meltdown once in a while to "laugh hysterically at it"

She's trying (and failing) to salvage some scraps of dignity from the situation. It's pathetic, which is exactly what you would expect.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Persona 4s main theme being staying true to yourself and yet everyone's s link ends with "actually I should just do what's expected of me" was really funny.

Japanese society in a nutshell right here.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

rodbeard posted:

Putting all the star citizen posts together makes it look like one derail but it was weeks of random meltdowns

It's sort of like that scene from James Fenimore Cooper that Mark Twain made fun of, where the Native Americans are chasing a canoe, and each one keeps trying and failing to jump into it even though it is further away each time, except with transphobes.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Boba Pearl posted:

I mean this with love and respect.

the people are right to bully you after this.

Maybe it's performance art? Roleplaying the most oblivious person alive? Or maybe being humiliated is their fetish?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

That DICK! posted:

Food ranks:

S:
Egg
Taco
Cheeseburger
Pepper
Bean
Asparagus
Ice cream
Apple
Orange

A:
Waffle
Fish
Soup
Rice
Chicken

B:
Spaghetti

F: everything else

Did you just rate pizza F?

Fists clench in rage...

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Why would you make that accusation if it was you? You are asking the admins to do a check of exactly the thing that will expose you.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Sorry this isn't forums related but my niece just told me her ex friend (because he kept flirting and being creepy to her) sent her a presentation slideshow titled "why we should be friends (again)" with point 3 being "I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm not feeling okay in the head now", and the kicker is they have never met because they are in different high schools

I don't see why she isn't giving this fine young gentleman another chance.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

We've gone from am imaginary spinster fetish to an actual fart fetish. This thread is moving up in the world.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The gently caress even was that, I bet the context is even worse

He was arguing with some goon who had an anime avatar, looked up the character, and started gloating about how they had a character in their avatar that did a whole list of bad things. At which point everyone laughed and said "Yeah that's the villain of the show, the fact that he does those things is why he's the villain."

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

a strange fowl posted:

how about a british restaurant in india

Why would Indian people want to eat at a dirty pub where all the food is boiled and flavorless?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I suddenly have a vision where I see my new project, a restaurant in India with the Union Jack proudly displayed outside as I shout out into the streets about steak and kidney pie, made from the best British cows.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Endorph posted:

sometimes you see a sentence on wikipedia that gives you a lot of insight into the author

That is a weird-rear end way to phrase that.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

copy posted:

lol thread title reminded me of how dad would ask us to draw the curtains after dark because he didnt want bigfoot watching and always knowing some part of him meant it

If the lovely bigfoot movies that are up on streaming have taught us anything it is that bigfoot is a giant pervert.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Lol, he's literally saying he doesn't want to use birdshot because it won't necessarily kill the person he's shooting and he wonders why no one will sell him anything heavier.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Well just caught up on the last day.

Sort of wanna laugh and vomit at the same time. Vomit may be overstating it a bit, but that's the best shorthand for the weird sick feeling this news gives me.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Frank Frank posted:

I asked this in the SAD thread but didn’t get an answer. Was all of the offsite harassment poo poo with the police getting involved fake too? I felt terrible for her

I feel incredibly dumb falling for this shtick (again) but also pretty sad

I'm not sure that there is any way to tell that unfortunately, unless someone knows Boba IRL. Even then, who knows? At the end of the day this is all an exercise in trust.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Joey McChrist posted:

anyway enough about that piece of poo poo whos gaming

I'm working two loving double shifts this weekend, so not me.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Boba had reached the point where my brain was starting to say "Why am I noticing this person so much more than I used to?" and that is never a good thing to think, because it is a classic sign of a goon falling to main character syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Probing someone for being lazy in the trump thread means 90% of the thread should be probed.