Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Welcome back Sagas thread. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I have a special wooden shoe I plan to chuck at a server rack when using AI chat bot becomes part of my computer touching job.

A co-worker had a meltdown during an town hall meeting last week because someone mentioned looking into if ChatGPT can be useful for our jobs (Spoiler: Not really). Like, just full-on spamming "AI's takin' our jobs!!1!!" in the meeting chat, and then afterward started yelling - on the verge of tears - at the dude on our team who told him to calm down.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cranappleberry posted:

Sifu just got an update that added decent tutorials so it's easier to get into. More people should play it.

I just got this over the weekend. The tutorial for the advanced moves being the opening credits and you killing the mental visions of the bosses was pretty loving legit.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Okay that most recent rereg username is hilarious

"Buy less reregs."

"No."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Indiana Jones: *Straining against henchmen as he tries to stop the bad guy from placing a Bioshock Infinite disc into a 360* "It belongs in a museum!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mario Party Fumble Dimension

Wanna see this now

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

leaping into the zipline builder to prevent it from being used

What if the zipline one is like the Lee Harvey Oswald two-parter and Sam has to go through with it?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"Sam, Ziggy says you gotta take the drugs inside the house then take that nap"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Admiralty Flag posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought you were joking until I googled it.

Just LOL that Donald Bellisaro had a beef with Oswald

"According to Bellisario, he encountered—and nearly got into a fight with—Lee Harvey Oswald in 1958 at a supply shed at Marine Air Control Squadron 9 because Oswald was reading Pravda, which offended Bellisario."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That DICK! posted:

i posted in the aol the phantom menace chatroom and most of them were roleplaying being in star wars, but i was exiled for 'moding' after a guy challenged me to a duel and i chopped his head off with a lightsaber

LMAO

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Honestly being a white noise poster is cool as hell

:hmmyes:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

posters are their avs, no ifs ands or buts about it

IZWF teaches us thusly.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

i am definitely whatever this thing is

It appears to be the gently caress ~ POLICE

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just wanna know if the COVID couple hooking up sounds like when you put shoes in the dryer when they try to neck each other while wearing the "going to Costco" helmets

They probably also use the full-body condoms from whichever Naked Gun movie those were in.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i like to imagine people talking about “crews” like they’re some victory records Street team from 1999.

Step Up 2: The Forums

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

made it onto the top 100 ignored users list...

See, anything is possible if you believe in yourself.

Posting Moe gifs probably helps too

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Ignoring someone who is a better poster than you is a very bitchmade move tbh

This is why I don't ignore anyone

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Radia kicked rear end and I’m sad she left. Hope she’s doing well

Gonna need to find someone new to be insufferable to when OSU beats Michigan and to be insufferable to me when Michigan beats OSU.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Weekend ain't over yet, nor is Meltdown May and it's still April

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Uh ok just realised there was another page after I posted... I know tensions and emotions are high but please refrain from dog piling on horse admin, thanks

Of course the ungulates stick together :rolleye:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Just lmao at casually slipping in "our ancestral plantation house that was built on stolen cherokee land that was given to my family because of their help with the trail of tears."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's like when you forget to take out the trash because you and your significant other both thought the other had done it.

Only instead of having a bit of a smell around until it gets done, it a dude incessantly telling you about what strip clubs allow touching, why dogs should be drowned in sacks and about that time he groomed a girl.

Also you and you significant other both just.... Don't take out that same trash for over a year.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rhino is an eco-conscious person and always makes sure to turn the lights off when he leaves his place for pizza. It's not his fault the light switch is right next to the "Forums run harmoniously/Forums detonate in drama" switch. It's the fault of whoever designed his building after their favorite Far Side cartoons.

If he was in the Middle School for the Gifted apartment, he might never be able to leave or get back in.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lmao "Did I out a doxxed user's alt? You're goddamned right I did, now here's why I'm actually the victim."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BUMBACLOT posted:

im glad this whole debacle has been resolved and nothing bad involving the mods and admins will ever happen again

Why is Burn Gorman rambling at me about double events and "Category 5 Admins"?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That DICK! posted:

tony montana snorting an enormous pile of cocaine and autobanning with a cringey unintelligible effortpost

"Say hello to my little friend!"

*Starts reading manifesto from comically long scroll that bounces down the steps and out the front door*

*Death Squad groans at his poo poo and leave before the preamble is done*

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

i just want to point out in cinci's autoban post he says Fritz got "burned" by the other admins like they're the loving CIA

The Jeffrey Donovan/Bruce Campbell vehicle 'Burn Notice' but it's Cinci and Fritz and instead of helping people in need, they just make poo poo worse and learn nothing.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Heath posted:

This is Yuki. I may have given her a cube of white cheddar and now she is goin' bananas for more and is spontaneously doing every trick she knows to see if I'll give her one

Please give Yuki more cheese, or some other healthy snack to reward those tricks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Valko posted:

dawwww.

A great way to get dogs to eat pills prescribed by the vet is to stuff them into some cheese. That's how I dewormed my dog when I was a teen.

I tried this a few times with my dog but he got wise and was able to remove the pill then spit it out. So for some of his meds I had to crush them and mix them in to wet food. Then when he had to take chemo I just used those Greenies pill pocket things*

*Stick to the peanut butter ones, the cheese and chicken ones smell disgusting.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I grew up with a lab so we just dipped pills in barbecue sauce and threw them at him.

Mine would have just licked the sauce off and left the pill. He was dumb as hell in almost all aspects, but a genius when it came to food.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

EorayMel posted:

So in the past 4(?) days we had at least 1 admin and 2 mods, all from d&d and/or cspam(i don't give a poo poo about this distinction) lose their stars and/or autoban.

And a smattering of non-mod weirdos also banned, including the unfortunate collateral damage of Lady Radia leaving due to some other doxxing shithead that started all this.

Pretty wild all around.

This is definitely a Blood Week

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Stux posted:

yeah andth ey also havnt posted since this

Lmao

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Here is a picture of the puppy who hangs out at my job

Please give that dog some treats that they're allowed to have.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Maybe there's too many reasons and they're only allowed to pick one?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Psycho Landlord posted:

I only ever watch giant robot shows but ADTRW has good recs for giant robot shows.

Whenever I hear about an anime I have to check two things:

1) The premise is bugnuts ridiculous
2) There's giant robots.

Depending on how many of those criteria are met will likely dictate if I bother watching it. (Also why I watched Gundam Build Fighters and Try and Build Divers or whatever the video game one was)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

Build Fighters is the one that's like a sports anime about Gundam models, right? I watched a few episodes of that and it was agreeably nuts

Yes. It also had this scene

https://i.imgur.com/clMm1N2.mp4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

why doesn't this ever work for me

I think you have to be Italian. And also exist in the Build Fighters universe.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Having a bit of a LOL at the thought of a UK band called "Cajun Wolf"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is their band picture

They released a single in 1990 called "Easy Rider" then split up.

If someone finds it on youtube or whatever please let me know. It's gotta be better than Dickwolf.

I absolutely do not trust their jambalaya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

Trying to view the Greek castration performance bug through this lens.

That was one of the best patch notes I ever saw.

Then again I don't make a habit if reading patch notes.