Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

America Inc. posted:

Like maybe, "hey, here's a pamphlet on topics to discuss with your kid, it's up to you if you actually talk about it or not". You can say gently caress the fundies but in democratically organized societies you have to compromise with the fact that what parents think on these topics may not align with what is your ideal.

Do you really see this going any way other than 100% of the people who object to public school sex ed chucking that pamphlet in the trash immediately? Or is that ok? What is the goal here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Sex ed practices and curricula likely vary massively by district, even within district; it might be informative if someone could identify a survey or comparative or best practices resource on the subject. I may have time this weekend if no one else does so in the interim.

That turns out to be a more interesting project than I expected, and probably one I don't have time to do justice to right now. Cursory inspection says that most of what's been published recently is along the lines of implementation research for a specific program or framework (e.g., https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1054139X17304652). I'm having much more trouble finding broad comparative work that's still granular enough to account for differences between districts, but that might just be because it's so far outside my usual circles and I don't know the right names to look for.