Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Oh drat that’s why they limited user submissions. I figured it would get turned back on with some controls.

That sucks, xHamster (and possibly others) had a great community for crazy oddities that could never be shown on YouTube, VEVO, or whatever. Art films, 50’s touring ‘Health’ garbage, Tom Jones performing with topless showgirls. And on and on and on. It wasn’t something we watched a lot, but it was always there and always an option.

A lot of stuff similar to what used to get traded on VHS in 80’s-90’s, with an occasional overlap of one I’d seen back in the day. Any tapes I had are long gone.

It’s exactly what we’re seeing with mainstream media; rather than the long tail of cheap storage and infinite content, a few players control everything and shut off whatever isn’t profitable. Not long after the xHamster cutoff, we started working our way slowly through the entire Warner cartoon catalog on Hbomax. Well guess what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU