Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
someone interpret this weird dream i had, i am certain it has ominous omens in it

in the dream i got a package that had a giant fuckin orchid in it, and a herd of a lot of beautiful frogs which lived in the plant. there were some iridescent jumping spiders that lived symbiotically with the frogs. I was super pumped up to get this and put it in the kitchen for like 5 minutes, and when i got back the plant was dying and losing leaves, almost all the animals were gone, and i fell to the my knees mendoza-style at a drying out super bad looking frog

possibly a goon sent me this and it was such a huge whiplash from delight to complete dismay i woke up from it. then i was like "oh poo poo i need to eat my brain pills i slept thru the alarm"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Your subconsciousness is telling you that you're your own worst enemy and even if the universe gives you the best possible option you'll still manage to gently caress it up ianadd (dream doctor)

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

nothing to worry about. thats the dream that happens when you eat bad crawdads shortly before going to bed.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think the dream means that you like cool plants and frogs op

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
dreams aren't real, OP

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
but aren't we all living in a world much like a dream

i will have to ruminate upon these interpretations

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

SniperWoreConverse posted:

but aren't we all living in a world much like a dream

yeah when I'm psychotic

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
big dream tiddies

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have recurring nightmares where no matter how much I try to, and no matter how much others try to, I can't die. I get stabbed and shot and burned and drowned and all that stuff, but I never die, and I just keep on going, but with all the pain still happening.

It never turns into "oh wow I'm like a superhero" or anything, I just breakdown about the fact that there is no escape from this world.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think it means I should invest in Bitcoin.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

someone interpret this weird dream i had, i am certain it has ominous omens in it

in the dream i got a package that had a giant fuckin orchid in it, and a herd of a lot of beautiful frogs which lived in the plant. there were some iridescent jumping spiders that lived symbiotically with the frogs. I was super pumped up to get this and put it in the kitchen for like 5 minutes, and when i got back the plant was dying and losing leaves, almost all the animals were gone, and i fell to the my knees mendoza-style at a drying out super bad looking frog

possibly a goon sent me this and it was such a huge whiplash from delight to complete dismay i woke up from it. then i was like "oh poo poo i need to eat my brain pills i slept thru the alarm"

Nothing lasts forever, so fully enjoy what you have while it's here. What the hell were you doing for "5 minutes"? If you needed to poo poo you could have taken your gift into the bathroom to admire!

Oh, but spiders! Possibly poisonous!! That can jump into your face!!! And you could have caught WARTS off the frogs!!!! (It's a superstition so it must be true, just like the election being stolen). Was it all sealed in a big jar or similar? If not, surely it would have been best to throw it out immediately.

Never trust plants or small living things from unknown sources.

But if you must accept anonymous plants in the mail, gently spritz the leaves/flowers with a little water immediately on receipt, and if in a pot, put a little water in it too.

Be very careful though, it might be some sort of illegal DOPE plant sent to your address but intended to be picked up by some CRIMINAL (other than you).

Best just to refuse delivery IMO. Then maybe you won't be bitten to death or die from infected warts or be murdered by the felons who come looking for their plant. If you ever find another similar package on your doorstep (irl or in a dream) when you get home, call police immediately, giving them a full and accurate description (e.g. is it ticking)? Then they'll come and take it away and dry it out and smoke it I mean sell it do a full analysis.

Anyway, that's one interpretation.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 3, 2023

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

I have recurring nightmares where no matter how much I try to, and no matter how much others try to, I can't die. I get stabbed and shot and burned and drowned and all that stuff, but I never die, and I just keep on going, but with all the pain still happening.

It never turns into "oh wow I'm like a superhero" or anything, I just breakdown about the fact that there is no escape from this world.

The meaning if this dream is: Repent, or you'll burn in hell for all eternity.

You're welcome. :)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

The meaning if this dream is: Repent, or you'll burn in hell for all eternity.

You're welcome. :)

No that's not it, I can't repent because I'm perfect and have never done anything I could repent for :shrug:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

syntaxfunction posted:

No that's not it, I can't repent because I'm perfect and have never done anything I could repent for :shrug:

Sounds like the dreams are a prophecy of your divine destiny. You should start a cult.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Ugh not again, it got so... Messy last time. I'm still not allowed back in Ontario.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'll make sure to ask youre mom next time i wake up next to her OP

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Your subconscious wants you to build a cool paludarium but you're afraid you'll kill everything inside.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I sometimes wake up thinking I'm late for an exam that I haven't studied for but then I realize that they can probably wait for another few years :shrug:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I often dream I can slide down stairs like this, to the point where I'm almost sure I could or have done it and forgotten in real life

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

right at the start of my current relationship, I had a bunch of dreams back-to-back about cheating on her with old crushes and flames from my past

what does that mean

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I had a dream about a little old man from New England with one of those old-timey voices, who was holding a tube of toothpaste near his face like it was a pet, and singing,

"I have a tube of toothpaste, he is my oldest friend,
I've loved him since forever and I'll love him til the end."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

I often dream I can slide down stairs like this, to the point where I'm almost sure I could or have done it and forgotten in real life

i have done this many times it just depends on having the correct slope and the proper amount of friction (socks are key)

well gee as far as dreams i think i'd need Mr Freud's help with these!

last night i dreamed i was moving and had lost one of my dogs and was frantically trying to find them

two nights ago i dreamed i was at a party and trying to talk to people but everyone ignored me and i ended up on the ground in a fetal position screaming as loud as i could as people talked to each other

it's a real mystery what's going on up this this ol noggin i tell you what!

Mozi fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 3, 2023

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Smugworth posted:

same but for moving forward without walking. like you just lean on your toes to translate yourself forward. and every time I'm like, "how come no one has figured this out yet? this beats the poo poo out of walking"

kalel fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 3, 2023

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Ah OK, sorry, I guess that's what happens when I pull a dream interpretation out of my perfect rear end in a top hat.

Yeah it ain't for me to judge.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Ugh not again, it got so... Messy last time. I'm still not allowed back in Ontario.

What happened, did you flash your nasty there while sleepwalking?

You should not be held responsible for that IMO.

I have heard of Ontario, even here in Australia. In a riddles book when I was a child. "What's high in the middle and round at both ends?"

I wonder if Ontarians are high in the middle and round at both ends. (Now I'm thinking of a fat person being spitroasted, but that's mainly because I'm too filthy for my own good.)

To contribute: I've had sex dreams very rarely the last few decades, I think if you tug it or jill it enough your body/subconcious don't feel the need to get the pressure off while asleep.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kalel posted:

right at the start of my current relationship, I had a bunch of dreams back-to-back about cheating on her with old crushes and flames from my past

what does that mean

Hogamus higamus, men are polygamous, higamus hogomus, women monogamous.

(Apologies if I misgendered you there.)

Elburroman
Dec 27, 2012

The frogs in the plants are v. reminiscent of that terry pratchett quote about bromeliads, them being in total harmony with something dangerous and trippy like luminous spiders sounds beautiful. You sound like you're processing good things, a surprise win or something you doubted because of its innocence flourishing because of its innocence.

The way it all went wrong might just be your brain going "the dream is collapsing," a lot of the time that dream corrosion is an awareness that you're waking up/it's almost over. Might be as simple as you'd have liked more sleep, if it lasted a lot longer or felt really haunting you might be processing loss of a great thing in the vein of getting dumped. You also might just be looking forward to something really impactful and nervous it won't happen, brain prepping for disappointment

ok my turn had a dream i was stuck in a dutch oven when i woke up i had never taken a lover in my entire life

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
What if I dream about mankind has to drink milk from a cat

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i have a recurring dream where i eat cold cuts with tony and carmella soprano. just hanging out in their kitchen eating deli meats. heres the thing: ive never watched the sopranos. ive seen a few episodes but never watched the whole series.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I just woke up from a nap, had a dream some girl was stealing bamboo shoots from a family of otters at my local park :psyduck:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I didn’t have a wet dream until my 40s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I dreamt last night that I was in a room full of corpses, which I found upsetting, but then I realized they weren’t corpses, they were medically prepared cadavers, which for some reason was significantly less upsetting.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://i.imgur.com/BmSNBkA.mp4

^me dreamin

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

syntaxfunction posted:

you've got to strengthify ur bod to match ur inner willpower

Piss Creep posted:

What if I dream about mankind has to drink milk from a cat

avoid overly-spiced foods

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I dreamed my wife was a crimelord and she owned a sick wooden boat that her grandma gave her. The boat was designed to look like a wooden converse all star. Right before i woke up i saw it get absolutely destroyed by wind and i gotta say it was prettt badass

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
just had a dream about jordan b petersons grandma's pubes what does that mean

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
In my dreams I'm exploring a house or something and it just keeps adding more and more hallways and rooms. I think my brain has mastered procedural generation.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I dreamed my wife was a crimelord and she owned a sick wooden boat that her grandma gave her. The boat was designed to look like a wooden converse all star. Right before i woke up i saw it get absolutely destroyed by wind and i gotta say it was prettt badass

The op knows a thing or 2 about converse (it's in his username you see) maybe they can shed some light on this dream's meaning.

Op I looked it up and apparently orchids are supposedly marked with the blood of Christ so obviously it's telling you that you are to witness the second coming of Christ and the frogs stand for FOREVER RELY ON GOD so basically its a metaphor for God dying. It's so obvious like duh how did you not know this? So Jesus will come again and this time God dies at the end so everyone either repent or get your sinning in now before we all die thanks swc for the heads up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just had a dream I was flipping channels and one channel was branded WWE in the corner and some lady wrestler was riding a horse into a vibrant purple ocean to fight monsters or sea gods or something