Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I was sick recently, and my wife made some chicken noodle soup. I don't know what she did, but she massively misjudged the amount of salt and it wound up being entirely too salty. Gamely, I persevered. Every time either of us tried eating it, it gave us diarrhea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I once added some lemon juice into tea with milk in it - thinking "This will be amazing because it will be both like a regular tea and and iced tea!" - well it was not amazing. Now I just drink my tea with either milk or lemon in it depending on my mood - never the both. But that was many years ago that I learnedd that lesson.

I did that at a restaurant years and years ago and it curdled. It was an instructive experience.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Meaty Ore posted:

Not a cooking gently caress-up, but an equipment gently caress-up: My 20+ year old espresso machine has long been overdue for a good cleaning, gasket change, etc. The shower screen is attached to the grouphead by a screw in the center. I initially tried using manual screwdrivers to undo it, to no avail. Then I went out and got an electric one, which I was sure would do the trick. Still no luck. Also the slot in the screw was getting a little deformed by this point and the screwdriver head would occasionally slip and catch the screen. Then I had the brilliant Idea of trying an impact driver. Surely that would be able to break it loose.

Now I have an old-rear end espresso machine with a mangled shower screen attached to the grouphead by a stripped-out flathead screw. Replacement parts are probably only available from Australia, the only country I can find where my particular model is still commonly sold. And I'm really not looking forward to trying to drill out the drat screw. I don't want to risk further damage to the machine as I can't afford to replace the whole thing. :sigh:

Post about it in the AI stupid questions thread. Those nerds love a puzzle like this.