Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I made a vegan sausage soup with sausages I hadn't tried this way before. I've used seitan sausages in the past and those stay firm due to the gluten, but these had stuff like agar & carragen to keep the sausages firm. I guess boiling them released those ingredients into the broth, and I was surprised when the broth coagulated as soon as the soup lost a bit of heat from it. Pretty much edible, but the surprise was very unpleasant. Gotta go for those seitan sausages in the future...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU