Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I made a Japanese curry with purple potatoes. Tasted fine but it was a weird shade of putrid purple.

Edit: pro tip, if you gently caress up dinner just call it ‘Chicago style’ and nobody will realize it.

Eeyo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The basic rice cookers have a temperature sensor so they can cut off the power once all the water is absorbed (and the temperature inside starts rising above boiling). So probably it just heated up a bunch really quickly and dutifully said “hey your rice is done!”

Edit: my (cheap) rice cooker has a little button kind of thing below the pot insert, maybe it wouldn’t run if there wasn’t enough weight in it.

Eeyo fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 14, 2023

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I am going to tell my husbands gently caress up. He tried to make me a heart shaped pizza (for valentines day), and he used WAY too much garlic. I ate like 2 bites and decided I was done. Garlic is nice in a pizza sauce but if you use a whole bulb - it is not very nice! But the fact he went through the effort was nice - and honestly the pizza crust was nice and made well - but again, way too much garlic in the sauce!

My old roommate from college was making some food (she rarely cooked), and came in with 3 heads of garlic. I said “wow that’s a lot of garlic!” and she said “yeah the recipe wanted 5 cloves but they were kind of expensive so I bought 3”. Thankfully I told her the difference between cloves and heads of garlic.