Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://www.dicebreaker.com/games/catan-1/news/catan-creator-passes-away

RIP Klaus Teuber, creator of the board game Settlers Of Catan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I guess we'll never get an explanation for why in gently caress diplomats work as road removal engineers in the catanverse.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ditto.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Why are you paying money to post these?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Settlers of Catan. A game I looked at for years and thought "this looks boring as poo poo". Then I played it and it was pretty fun.

RIP

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Props to the guy who gave us plausible deniability in saying we have wood for sheep.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

You have to have a hobby right?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

satanic splash-back posted:

It's a fetish thing

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Should have taken the longest road to the grave instead

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i prefer risk tbh but rip to that guy i suppose

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

RIP Santa Potato
He'll never be the head of a major corporation

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the op can only jerk off after informing someone of a death they haven't previously heard about but also don't care about

it's a curse from a particularly malevolent fae

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

frumpykvetchbot posted:

I guess we'll never get an explanation for why in gently caress diplomats work as road removal engineers in the catanverse.

diplomay and settling are at odds with each other, diplomacy implies there are other polities that need consideration re: roads. They are anti-settlers. Think like a German board game.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Trade u some wheet for some whool

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
deadlers of catan

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

All entertainers come original

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've heard about the game but never played it so I feel fully qualified to call it Nerd poo poo that killed its creator because it was just too lame

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If ever I fall behond,

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It hurts this sweeet kisss, ouch become yourself afterwards.Ritch people jelllo promp[lrnr, Kraen

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
…the most dangerous game…

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Deader than Catan

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Catan is one of those games that's a breath of fresh air compared to all the Hasbro stuff, then you play other modern board games and realize Catan's actually seriously flawed. Still a very important game as far as really expanding the hobby, so I'm not gonna poo poo on it, and it's a shame to lose a guy who helped pioneer one of the cooler hobbies around.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

it's less entertaining to play than monopoly

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Thanks for keeping the forum lights on Driftingmouse. You’re a real gem whose determined commitment to philanthropy for this community goes far too often unnoticed and unpraised. 🙏 🐁

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

Thanks for keeping the forum lights on Driftingmouse. You’re a real gem whose determined commitment to philanthropy for this community goes far too often unnoticed and unpraised. 🙏 🐁

I enjoy that he embraces his gimmick so much he's willing to pay 10 dollars over and over again to do it

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i like to picture op in a tuxedo, with a monocle and a cigarette in one of those fancy holders, chuckling happily to himself as he makes another thread about a dead B list celeb and gets probed. then he uses a $10 bill to light said cigarette.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i like to picture op in a tuxedo, with a monocle and a cigarette in one of those fancy holders, chuckling happily to himself as he makes another thread about a dead B list celeb and gets probed. then he uses a $10 bill to light said cigarette.

Luxury

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

What makes a crit funk?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

love to make a really desperate trade 4 wood cards for 1 rock and then play "year of plenty" and get all my poo poo back lol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

these posts loving suck, they suck so much, they are so bad

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Shooosh . this shhoosh, goshx h darnit!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mega64 posted:

Catan is one of those games that's a breath of fresh air compared to all the Hasbro stuff, then you play other modern board games and realize Catan's actually seriously flawed. Still a very important game as far as really expanding the hobby, so I'm not gonna poo poo on it, and it's a shame to lose a guy who helped pioneer one of the cooler hobbies around.

Came here to post this, basically.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

thank you forums reaper

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Settlers of nerdtan

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Non-touchers of Women

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

One time I won a game while I was asleep.

We were buying a car, and I was so stressed that my body responded by making me sleepy instead of panicking.

I would nod off, rouse on my turn, make my play, then start nodding off.

It was my wife that noticed I had filled the win conditions after I dropped my cards, snoring a little.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Last time I played settlaz I pulled my glock dookie and robbed this geek of all his wool and ore

Sorry fool Nate Dogg ain't comin to regulate this time

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The #1 board game amongst Mormon households 1995-2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Board games were invalidated by the advent of software and anyone who still plays them is a moron