Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ended up havin to push my first blacksmithin class back two weeks because the second one would conflict with easter but i talked to the guy and i'm fuckin stoked, it seems like its gonna kick rear end. lookin forward to getting wrestling moves done on me by power tools too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Don’t pick up anything metal with your bare hands in the shop dude. Steel can be 1000 degrees before you see it’s hot. Trust me lmfao. My fingers are hosed.

holy poo poo, yeah not doin that any time soon. gloves on 100%

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

wormskull giving me a crazy looking thumbs up with his Johnny Tremain hand as i head off to my first blacksmithing class. and feeling a chill run down my spine

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats so badass lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pungry posted:

May we hear it?

he's trying to, jack off

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I tried to grab a falling piece of rebar that was bright orange and it like instantly blanched and numbers my fingers and felt kinda like butter sliding through my hand.

god drat dude

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol i keep thinking of this and lolling

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Worm's gotten me super into 3d-printed Guns & Explosives since covid hit

Current steez:

Mandatory ambulance ride pic, lol:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

And yeah, I've recovered a ton and it taught me some crucial lessons. Trust me, Fungah, once you get a couple builds under your belt you'll feel like a god

e: Awesome, feds fuckin with my site again. Cheers for that!

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

if it is, it shouldnt be

this. let teens have swords.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Found myself doing this for woodworking stuff now, Witcher 3 is chock full of sick workshops everywhere and skellige's got a handful of full blown water-powered sawmills cranking out timbers.

There's a worker guy at Corvo Bianco that's going over a plank of wood with a smoothing plane but there's no workholding and the piece is crooked as poo poo with no proper stock prep and I hate how much it pisses me off lol

that fuckin rocks. i used to brew my own mead, i should do another batch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yup lol, i've got a pic from thanksgiving one year where I busted out the homemade mead and after two glasses everyone was sittin around in zombie mode

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

those look sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

I tried painting some cotton for the fog door and I quickly realized that cotton looks really dark when it's wet so the first attempt looked like poo poo so I just didn't paint it for the final version

The fog door was made by jamming bamboo skewers into there and then gluing plasticard to make a solid surface then gluing torn up cotton balls inside.

The leaves for the ivy were the most fun of the whole thing. They were all done by watering down paint and then dripping it onto a coffee filter, then once that dried I used a hole punch that I borrowed from my 4yo niece that made little leaf shapes. After making a bunch of confetti it was glued to floral wire on the wall.

thats so fuckin cool lmao, it looks awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cousin Foomin posted:

My brother brought a machete to the family (bunch of rednecks) white elephant one year for Christmas and it got so rowdy we cancelled white elephant for like 3 years.

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It’s about cooking but it’s somewhat crafting related so I’ll tell In Training’s story about the time he started grilling lmfao and he had it going out in the courtyard and when the smoke really started popping off he got embarrassed and went inside and watched from the window. Lmfqo

lmfay

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that's all badass and lol at The Iron Shitter

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like a huge pussy for buying a telescope now.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

My cutoff hardy was a success but I kept hitting it with my hammer so I have to reforge it lol.

lol, pic?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAg04rKNZE
I reforged better shoulders onto this and I think did a much better heat treat but the shank is still kinda hosed so I’m gonna make a better one when I can cut through the 1 1/2 inch axle I have lol, but here’s me cutting off something I was making for my dad’s business card holder. For fungah.

lol cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

long fuckin way to go but this was insanely vool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also i burned my hnd rasping the end and my instructor looked at me and said "that's what people smell like" and laughed like a hyena

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nah propane, they've got a coal forge but they wanted to teach us basic hammer technique first

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Lol it’s nasty.

it's so nasty lmfao, hd no idea what i was even smelling for a bit

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Today I went to shear a nearly cut off screw bracket on a triangular brace I straightened and it bounced off the anvil on the last blow and hit me in the side of the face. :D

lmfao when i cut the bookmark it richocheted off th anvil and spun in the air towards me, ty for warning me not to even try to catch it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Some naked women I seen in wood (side crafting).

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

were still doin very basic rear end crap, next sunday we're doin a bottle opener to learn bends and twists

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

pelvic bone scorpion is one of the sickest phrases ive seen lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol direct consequence of elden ring having so much epic bug and womb poo poo, ftw. similarly there's some pages of sketches of portals of blood and blood waterfalls and stuff. but theres also some bug stuff in stephen king's Revival that's been living in my head friggin nonstop

all tht poo poo is so good lol. body horror monsters fuckin rule

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

zoning into the one reborn fight nd instantly turning into the kony 2012 guy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Man if I could get only once a week in the forge I’d lose my marbles. I don’t think about hardly anything else but orange steel moving between an anvil and hammer lol.

wifes already told me i cant have a forge and a smoker until i buy her a house lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

you can't have it unless you buy me a house as well

buy me a house and i'll buy you a forge and a smoker

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No but my neighbors used to have a bunch of chickens and they'd give us free eggs every week until the wife cheated with the neighbors husband across the street and blew up my free eggs empire.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Hell yeah. Twists and scrolls are so sick. I got an appendectomy today so idk if I’ll be forging anytime soon unforch.

holy poo poo dude, get better soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My new next door neighbour quit his engineering job to make traditional Scottish skein dubh daggers and has a forge in the building basement. Whenever I go into the back court to take the dog or bins out and I see the latch on the gate I know that means the blacksmith is in the basement clanking away and I feel like I'm upstairs from Blacksmith Andre in Undead Parish

jelly