Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

the two Larries

one always lies, and one always tells the truth... which is which??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Ohhh, interesting! That's cool - I'll have to check that out

EDIT: But yeah, this certainly isn't even a blip on the radar compared to other ongoing threads like IZWF. But if anyone wants to relive their CYOA days (or want to live them in the first place, due to not having any prior exposure to them) I'm more than happy to try and plow through each/most of these books and see where the adventures lead us!
One other thing though, is how people think I should play the character (like, do-gooder who accepts any quest to help people, doesn't betray anyone, etc., vs someone who is cut-throat and doesn't care who dies, as long as he's paid) as well as what class to use. Speaking of which, here are the classes:

- Mage
- Priest
- Rogue
- Troubadour
- Warrior
- Wayfarer

All of these are fairly standard class archtypes. The wayfarer is kinda like a ranger, the priest is akin to a cleric and the troubadour is basically just a bard. So they're pretty much aligned with standard D&D-esque classes that most RPGs use.

I like the sound of a Troubadour. And I want to see some more of that Major bloodlust we've been getting glimpses of, so I say play as a cutthroat mercenary lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

This sounds awesome

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

honestly it all sounds good so I'm just along for the ride, although I think the hero should be named Ableton Live Suite 9.0, because its such an amazing product and helps me do all my recording and create some truly incredible music.

This post has been paid for by Ableton Live Suite 9.0

hail and well met traveler. I go by many names, but I am known in these lands as Raid: Shadow Legends

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

throwing in another vote for rogue. called whatever. nordvpn

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Agreed. Definitely time for a shopping trip first

Major Isoor posted:

What's worse - these people don't even look have anything worth taking! Not even conning these people from their few shards could cheer Ableton up today.

I like the cut of this guy’s jib lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lol Ableton is looking good

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

finding Damor should be our highest priority. We must build up a legendary and honorable reputation, which we can then cynically use as leverage to rob the town blind.

As for the royalists, nobles in my experience have a lot more gold (or shards) to be pried out of their anemic claws, so I'd gravitate toward situations that get us within swiping distance of the heir's pockets, and worm our way into his good graces.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lol yeah or a recorder

fife

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

I can't find a screen cap and this joke is just for me but *il palazzo from excel saga tossing his guitar to the ground and saying "this world is corrupt"*

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Nice! I think we should gamble a bit before we leave lol

absolutely this lol. in fact as a general directive, gamble at every opportunity

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

explore the city at night imo, then set out for blessed springs

I agree w/ this, a city like Yellowport at night is bound to have a few “creative money-making” extracurricular activities

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I like the cut of her jib... let's see what side quest she'll lead us to!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Can’t believe that thief betrayed Ableton, they’re usually so honest…

Might be wise to stash unnecessary items and maybe some shards, just in case disaster strikes later on, then I’d say it’s time to move on from the city for a while, just in case the guards start to catch on to Abe’s recent activities

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I’m very curious what we’d find in the countryside but this

herculon posted:

Stick to the road and stop by Venefax. Maybe keep 200 shards on hand

is probably the most sensible route.

Very interested to see what happens when/if Abe eventually makes his way to the steppes too!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao at “blood-Thursday”

herculon posted:

Help the villagers. Maybe buy some scorpion antidote

Exactly my suggestion. Antidote is always vital and Ableton can build his reputation up further by helping this village. I have a feeling the gob-gobbler isn’t a real threat but it’s worth checking out!

e: aha I knew it! lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

As a min-maxer, I vote for charisma

voting for this too. need to be able to fool rubes into trusting us

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

hell yeah we got books! these illustrations are loving rad!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

We should help but we should probably finish our personal quest and get some better equipment before stepping across the border.

I like this plan, if it’s possible to return and revisit quests later on

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I think we ought to stop by Caran Barv to sell some loot and see what's happening in town, and then maybe head off to the mountains nearby and see if we can track down those rebels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Answer's got to be YES, Ableton always says YES to adventure. Ignore the point of no return warning! Dive in recklessly!