Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Definitely start off in book 1 - the rank you start at corresponds to the number of the book, so Book 1 means you start off at Rank 1, and so on. If you start at a later book, you’ll be completely OP when you come to one of the earlier-level regions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Major Isoor posted:

Wait, really? There's no way to play in, say, the steppes at a low rank? Interesting. Supposedly you can start in any region and go wherever, but yeah I guess I'll have to look into potential workarounds for the rank thing you mentioned, if people want to see one of the later books off the bat
You could always just start in Book 1 and then travel to the steppes :)

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Fungah! posted:

hell yeah, i'm down. voting for wayfarer
Wayfarer is probably my favourite class to play as

You can hold your own in a fight if you get a decent weapon and armour, but you can also find your way out of a forest without starving lol

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Definitely go gambling

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

herculon posted:

Stick to the road and stop by Venefax. Maybe keep 200 shards on hand
I'd say the same but limit it to 100 shards on hand

I don't see anything being prohibitively expensive so far

herculon posted:

I think the posts could benefit by being shorter. A lot happens in a single post. I think both examples to shorten it are fine. Maybe stop after a scenario ends, and also before a big fight
Also seconding this

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Was it a normal farmhouse, or did it have doors in the roof as well, as with the other buildings in/near Venefax?

Can’t imagine the villagers going to the trouble of designing their homes to be scorpionman-proof, then saying, “Eh, it’s fine, we’ll just have a normal barn with normal doors - I’m sure the scorpion men won’t bother to kick them in and disassemble our cows and horses!”

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

+1 for Scouting.

Sanctity and Magic won’t make any difference if you have no idea where you’re going :v:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Not to be a chicken but are we sure Ableton is ready for this fight?

I say we either try to sneak in and loot the cave without the beast seeing him, or come back later.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Apologies if I seemed like a killjoy earlier - I just don't want Ableton to end up as Sokara's bravest-ever pile of bones and gorlock poo poo

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Major Isoor posted:

:words: I've just received word that a force of Sokaran soldiers who were forced to flee north during the war have amassed a following among the locals - nomads, Trau and Mannekyns, if you could believe it! :words:
Mannekyns? As in, the little flying monkey fella that you bought from the slave market and then set free? Sounds like you've got yourself a friend among the rebels! :)

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I was picturing these, but less inept:

https://youtu.be/PGj4OX34ECY

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Go on my son, that’s how you do it! :black101:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

His blog is chock-full of his work. Amazing talent.

Some of it is :nws:, mind you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

That Little Demon posted:

I think he should buy a ship, and see what life is like out on the ocean
:hmmyes:

Although maybe it might be safer to head back to Yellowport before buying one?