Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's sports entertainment, pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
Cedric's last singles win on Raw or Smackdown was in 2021 over Reggie for the 24/7 title.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Posting to laugh at the Cody Clip

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I caught Carmelo’s entrance last night on smackdown and he came out to dead silence. I’m not exaggerating at all, they cut to the performance Center during his entrance and the 40 people watching there made more noise than the 10k plus in the arena. In the few minutes I watched the only thing the crowd seemed in to was the Wooaaah during Cody’s entrance. For all this new era talk they went right to commercial after a minute of match time too.

one of the things HHH doesn't get enough poo poo about is how bad a lot of NXT callups tend to do on main roster. years back when beloved son Aleister Black came up, he did literally nothing for like 90% of his tenure, spending time in a closet begging people to knock on his door. Andrade, in his first tenure with WWE, didn't do much either. Both were ripped from extremely good programs in NXT way, way too early and suffered for it. Carmelo Hayes coming out to crickets and then loving up immediately is par for the course now. Look at DIY, once the most over act in NXT (before the Shakespearean drama of a feud and the doubleturn that wasn't needed at all.) Now they're just two losers.

Idk how The 4 Horsewomen, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor, and Samoa Joe all escaped this fate but all those people were called up before Aleister/Andrade/DIY as well. Something happened or somebody stopped caring at this point, I have no idea, but at some juncture being called up from NXT was a death sentence. Bianca Belair I guess is the lone exception of the last few years? I remember when KO came up he beat the poo poo out of John Cena, now you get called up just to lose to Cody.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Count Thrashula posted:

he didn’t get all of it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

one of the things HHH doesn't get enough poo poo about is how bad a lot of NXT callups tend to do on main roster. years back when beloved son Aleister Black came up, he did literally nothing for like 90% of his tenure, spending time in a closet begging people to knock on his door. Andrade, in his first tenure with WWE, didn't do much either. Both were ripped from extremely good programs in NXT way, way too early and suffered for it. Carmelo Hayes coming out to crickets and then loving up immediately is par for the course now. Look at DIY, once the most over act in NXT (before the Shakespearean drama of a feud and the doubleturn that wasn't needed at all.) Now they're just two losers.

Idk how The 4 Horsewomen, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor, and Samoa Joe all escaped this fate but all those people were called up before Aleister/Andrade/DIY as well. Something happened or somebody stopped caring at this point, I have no idea, but at some juncture being called up from NXT was a death sentence. Bianca Belair I guess is the lone exception of the last few years? I remember when KO came up he beat the poo poo out of John Cena, now you get called up just to lose to Cody.

WWE has too many wrestlers.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

It's Vince.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Count Thrashula posted:

I am confused, did one of them do the rope splash by mistake or were they supposed to meet in the middle of ring, about 6 inches off the mat?

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Shard posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo.

What do Vince McMahon and the United States Armed Forces have in common?

Institutionalised rape and murder of innocents.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Kaveman posted:

What do Vince McMahon and the United States Armed Forces have in common?

Institutionalised rape and murder of innocents.

I was gonna say they do whatever Saudia Arabia wants.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

banger bros

Surely this is the name of some really cool indie tag team that will have to change their name when they sign to NXT.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DLC Inc posted:

You forgot AoP!! How could you!!!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

They tried to bury Owens when he got called up. They let him get one over on Cena then had Cena whip his rear end every time after so they could say, "Hey, we tried"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think nxt being on national tv is just overexposing everyone now and people don’t seem fresh when they are called up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Smackdown had 21 minutes of wrestling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kennel posted:

One minute more than the ideal show for a WWE fan.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think nxt being on national tv is just overexposing everyone now and people don’t seem fresh when they are called up.

Considering the non pop received by someone who I believe is supposed to be over on NXT, it is overexposing them to a certain part of the audience, but underexposing them to the main bulk of it

Which to me, means lol and lmao

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

DLC Inc posted:

years back when beloved son Aleister Black came up, he did literally nothing for like 90% of his tenure, spending time in a closet begging people to knock on his door.

put some respect on the casket door creaking door sound they added to his entrance

https://youtu.be/sJIxcrjinsY?si=IENfu2weRneXOGbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kennel posted:

Everyone is hurt