Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Sheamus was good over half the time, when he was just a dude who was like "Oi I'll foight 'em!"

Sheamus was really bad whenever they tried to make him a top face by turning him into a John Cena pallet-swap and having him do dumb stuff like dropping poo poo on Del Rio's car and making bad jokes.

Honestly this is the problem with WWE storytelling in a single concise example. (And weirdos on twitter apparently think the opposite is true, hence all the "no story" complaints)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wwe Wrestling is like a cartoon and the story shpuld reflect that

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sega 32X posted:

Sheamus was good over half the time, when he was just a dude who was like "Oi I'll foight 'em!"

This is why the Mark Henry-induced face turn rocked. Mark Henry in his full Hall of Pain run and Sheamus just turns face with three words. :hai:

Eat My Fuc posted:

This poster?

:lol:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The best moment in Sheamus' career was when he was giving somebody a merciless rear end-whooping on a random Raw or Smackdown, I think pretty shortly after his main roster debut. A fan at ringside was absolutely eating it up, which you knew because at some point a directional microphone had been pointed directly at the dude's mouth and never moved. So Sheamus rained blows down upon his opponent to an endless chorus of one man's crystal-clear chuckling, hooting and hollering, until the guy blurted out a line that's remained in my vocabulary ever since: "HUH-HUH, HIT 'IM AGAIN, BIG RED!"

\/\/\/\/THIS GUY knows what I'm talking about!\/\/\/\/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I liked that time Sheamus first started wrestling on Raw and absolutely destroyed Jamie Noble while a guy in the crowd was picked up by the mic while over-the-top laughing about the whole thing and calling him "Big Red."

"HE'S A BUM!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

efb

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

"this guy sucked so we killed him" is funny, sorry.

I am legit real happy if companies are learning from and stealing TNA's "somebody's gone from the company after or before this show? let's literally murder them" thing

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

I am legit real happy if companies are learning from and stealing TNA's "somebody's gone from the company after or before this show? let's literally murder them" thing

Lucha Underground casket matches ended with the loser literally dying and if they come back it was because a witch with some magic rock resurrected them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zMw_Kc4NzE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, Lucha Underground was amazing and should still be alive/have a thousand seasons, I agree :hai:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

This poster?

I look like this

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chris James 2 posted:

My favorite version of this is when Lucha Underground had one of the Crew members' face shoved into Matanza's cage, followed by blood splattering everywhere. Directly after that aired, Willie Mack tweeted, "that [dude] dead!"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I couldn't find the footage but I know in season 3 that three skeletons fought to the death and the winner absorbed their power and became a larger skeleton wrestler.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

charles barkley would have made for a fantastic manager

He has one flaw though. No manager should ever be bigger than the wrestler they're representing, although I suppose some exceptions can be made, like if the person they're managing is quite wee like Leyla Hirsch or Chad Gable.

As a child, Aja Kong was such a mainstream celebrity who was on TV on all sorts of shows, that I genuinely had no idea she was a wrestler.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I look like this

thats cap

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joey McChrist posted:

always had a soft spot for big sheam since the nu-ecw days when he would murder jobbers, but i really fell in love with the guy when rusev posted a video of him sitting down to watch total divas and sheamus is in the background yelling "I'M NOT WATCHING THAT SHITE!" :allears:

Oh it’s better than that

They had just watched Lana in total divas and the episode was over but rusev was trying to wind sheamus up and said how they were gonna watch the episode again because he missed part of it

That spurred sheamus to explode with “WE’RE NOT loving WATCHING THAT SHITE”

loving :lol:

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Sega 32X posted:

“I’ll foight ‘im!” was so simple and such an easy immediate face turn. It’s a shame I have to compliment the bad company but credit where it’s due there.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

“I’ll foight ‘im!” was so simple and such an easy immediate face turn. It’s a shame I have to compliment the bad company but credit where it’s due there.

Who was that against, Mark Henry? I remember sheamus being the one dude willing to step up to some monster heel and it was cool as hell

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Fundamentally, Sheamus' problem is that at this point in his career he'll never be able to reach the highs of his Second Life run.

edogawa rando posted:

As a child, Aja Kong was such a mainstream celebrity who was on TV on all sorts of shows, that I genuinely had no idea she was a wrestler.

Aja is one of the greatest to ever lace boots and there were few in the history of the business to have looked as much like an absolute slayer as she did.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Aja is one of the greatest to ever lace boots and there were few in the history of the business to have looked as much like an absolute slayer as she did.

Yeah, but she was also funny as hell, and did not look an inch out of place on various Japanese comedy shows, where she went all in. As a little kid, I was like "oh wow, this big lady with the face paint rules," not that my opinion on her has changed.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

Who was that against, Mark Henry? I remember sheamus being the one dude willing to step up to some monster heel and it was cool as hell

Yep

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

remember when sheamus was in the league of nations

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

remember when sheamus was in the league of nations

they called themselves

The Lads

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

About as useful as the League of Nations during the Abyssinia Crisis.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember in WWE '12s story mode where you spend the first third of it playing as heel Sheamus who becomes the leader of a faction consisting of himself, William Regal, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre called the United Kingdom

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Alaois posted:

remember in WWE '12s story mode where you spend the first third of it playing as heel Sheamus who becomes the leader of a faction consisting of himself, William Regal, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre called the United Kingdom
I only remember JACOB CASS, your custom character who was voiced by Austin Aries for some reason

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
doesnt hhh bury the gently caress out of the stable and win all the titles

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

Having the Irish guy lead a stable named after a country that Ireland literally fought a war and did decades of terrorism to extricate itself out of. :thumbsup:

I'd say "should've called them the Lions," but I guess that's already copyrighted.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

doesnt hhh bury the gently caress out of the stable and win all the titles

yeah that's the middle part of the story, it's the most insane Triple H wank I've ever seen in my life and it literally ends with him killing a lineup of people in one hit and then sitting on his throne and retiring as champion as a Stand Up And Cheer moment

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

edogawa rando posted:

Having the Irish guy lead a stable named after a country that Ireland literally fought a war and did decades of terrorism to extricate itself out of. :thumbsup:

I'd say "should've called them the Lions," but I guess that's already copyrighted.

Well, if you don’t like that stable name, maybe we need to go a little more fundamental. You know what always did well? Colors. But the NWO is dated, so let’s just call ‘em the black and whites.

On second thought, maybe that would seem racial. Black and… Tan? That’s never been associated with anything bad, right?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Well, if you don’t like that stable name, maybe we need to go a little more fundamental. You know what always did well? Colors. But the NWO is dated, so let’s just call ‘em the black and whites.

On second thought, maybe that would seem racial. Black and… Tan? That’s never been associated with anything bad, right?

Oh don't worry, the Irish beat them in a test series in New Zealand a couple of years ago.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Oh it’s better than that

They had just watched Lana in total divas and the episode was over but rusev was trying to wind sheamus up and said how they were gonna watch the episode again because he missed part of it

That spurred sheamus to explode with “WE’RE NOT loving WATCHING THAT SHITE”

loving :lol:

lol love that sheamus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

:thisagain:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I've loved him since WWECW as well, but my love went into overdrive first when the absolutely hilarious pure white Extreme Rules poster dropped, which is still the funniest poster ever, and then again when he won the Rumble and me and my now-partner popped off so hard on Twitter an rear end in a top hat mutual blocked us both because they were mad he beat Jericho :allears:

Since then he's just been doing fun poo poo constantly. The series and team with Claudio was great, his dressing up in a bowler hat and clobbering people was great, and the match with WALTER at Clash At The Castle was great, and now he's brought back Lobsterhead! The only time I've been down on him it's not been his fault, e.g. 18 Seconds. Also one time during the Bryan feud he said a line that sounded like "What if I ripped your head off and hosed your girlfriend", which I still reference.
i liked when the angle for a raw was he could pick anyone he wanted to defend his wwe title against in the main event and after he said this he paused and looked meaningfully at justin roberts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

yeah that's the middle part of the story, it's the most insane Triple H wank I've ever seen in my life and it literally ends with him killing a lineup of people in one hit and then sitting on his throne and retiring as champion as a Stand Up And Cheer moment
i liked during the dx revival tag run in like 2006 when shawn and hhh just destroyed the entire raw midcard without even getting hit by a move. like viscera comes at them and they pull his pants down and hhh calls him fat while shawn gives him a dozen superkicks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Endorph posted:

i liked during the dx revival tag run in like 2006 when shawn and hhh just destroyed the entire raw midcard without even getting hit by a move. like viscera comes at them and they pull his pants down and hhh calls him fat while shawn gives him a dozen superkicks

This happened to me once

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

NienNunb posted:

This happened to me once

I was there, I saw it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Beepie needs to sue for gimmick infringement

https://x.com/karaonza/status/1780657472027685000?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Of you have discord you can upload a photo in a message to yourself on create a private photo discord so you can generate links that can be used on the app. This way you don't have to post your Twitter account and the uploads are faster.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

👀👀👀👀

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

These mutherfuckers seriously just do the same poo poo over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

leki’s mind is twisted and unclean, totally different