Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

WWE is One Piece
AEW is Hunter X Hunter

But in between in is DragonBall Z and that is what the Rock brought back to WWE

all of those are shonen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

all of those are shonen

That's right Ringo. I've said wrestling reminds me of shonen Manga or anime.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Don't watch the tv besides the ppv but i remember she used to just be a generic white meat babyface(?) Might have been a heel turn and a team with either Blair davenport or the witches that were called up to the main roster because ronda didn't want to work nxt to unify the womens tag titles. Then she had a Mickie james obsessed stalker gimmick with Lyra or roxanne that lead to this??

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

That's right Ringo. I've said wrestling reminds me of shonen Manga or anime.

why wouldnt it. as kota ibushi said, pro wrestling is dragon ball but real. what I mean is the target audience of those is all the same, unlike a pg movie compared to an r rated movie.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Idk maybe. While the aew wrestling feels like a fusion of ECW (from the couple of clips i watched) and old territory wrestling, the promos give the impression they want to be the rated R WWE. Which makes me go "this is a bit much" like with what I've seen of the house of black.

I think I personally prefer the goofier promos better. I think this is what appealed to me about the Rock stuff. It bumped WWE from PG to PG-13.

This storyline specifically was very cw Archie like since you said you like cw stuff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

KungFu Grip posted:

Don't watch the tv besides the ppv but i remember she used to just be a generic white meat babyface(?) Might have been a heel turn and a team with either Blair davenport or the witches that were called up to the main roster because ronda didn't want to work nxt to unify the womens tag titles. Then she had a Mickie james obsessed stalker gimmick with Lyra or roxanne that lead to this??

Yeah she has had ti obsessed stalker thing for 2 different wrestlers I guess, but it was revealed it isn't the person she is obsessed with, but the nxt women's belt.

She is essentially Hot Gollum now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The 2 new matches on Main Event were ok. Nothing exciting but watchable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bro wtf is this bit. watching MAIN EVENT???

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's not a bit, we found a sicker version of EMF

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

give it some time to get over

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

The 2 new matches on Main Event were ok. Nothing exciting but watchable.

They’re gonna come at you for this but you’re doing the lord’s work. I need to hear about all the wwe side shows. If they still air WWE Superstars I need your takes on it. I need you to watch old episodes of Velocity.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

NienNunb posted:

They’re gonna come at you for this but you’re doing the lord’s work. I need to hear about all the wwe side shows. If they still air WWE Superstars I need your takes on it. I need you to watch old episodes of Velocity.

They don't as far as i know. It seems to be just the 3 shows. Main event is only 15ish minutes of watching each week if you fast forward all of the recap stuff.

I've been thinking about cutting it out along with rampage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

watching MAIN EVENT is genuine depression poo poo. read a book instead. jesus christ

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

drat the nosell of ringos trenchant refutation, hes gonna take out like five dudes before getting “yeet”ed (uso brother reference)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's really funny that hoot went from no wrestling consumption to main event watching and bitching about indie nobodies that only the Internet knows about in the span of like 2 months.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

watching MAIN EVENT is genuine depression poo poo. read a book instead. jesus christ

Thank you for the concern, but I'm not currently suffering from depression. 💪

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dont they just do it to honor foreign licensing rights or something

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Don’t listen to the anti-Main Event naysayers, these freaks electively watched years worth of AEW Dark Elevation.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the fets pain event

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

All the NXT workers crying about Meltzer on Twitter is no different than TK airing the Punk footage, just screaming into the ether about a guy who got you shook. Looks bush league every time they have to rush to defend Maxine Dupri or Tatum Paxley for the crime of being boring

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Don’t listen to the anti-Main Event naysayers, these freaks electively watched years worth of AEW Dark Elevation.

knew this was coming

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WWESheamus/status/1781010502795100586

he would do really well here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sheamoose tag team when?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Wrestling "fans" aren't ready for CW wrestling. They will regret this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The CWification (laudatory)
https://twitter.com/CoreyBrennanFF/status/1780978117374312490?t=ltw1lWBb7RsahSnLnHKTWQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/BayleysIdiots/status/1781012619689689481?t=Hzl4z2iRivtVok0u74v__Q&s=19

Dave is right about Trick though

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Another win for lobsterheads everywhere

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WWE of 2016-2022 was a lot like Berzerk if you think about it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Dave is right about Trick though

0 to grudges against Dave Meltzer for his NXT opinions in a couple of months. Wrestling is the best

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Which is real.sicko poo poo

Watching main event, nxt lvlup or wwe speed only on X

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Gumball Gumption posted:

0 to grudges against Dave Meltzer for his NXT opinions in a couple of months. Wrestling is the best

We are 7 months away from Jared Padalecki showing up as Walker on NXT. I'm going to watch and cheer

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i don’t even know where one would watch main event or lvl up

so probably lvl up

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

bodysheamus

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

We are 7 months away from Jared Padalecki showing up as Walker on NXT. I'm going to watch and cheer

They did a cross over with Arrow years ago and Stephen Amell, who is just a Jared Padalecki, is decent in the ring. You're late.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

KungFu Grip posted:

Which is real.sicko poo poo

Watching main event, nxt lvlup or wwe speed only on X

Just finding out about this 2nd NXT show

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I had some serious health problems early this year and haven't been working since. I rest, smoke some weed, watch movies, work on my garden and play Yakuza games and even I don't have the time to consume that much wrestling.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
You are weak.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

You are weak.

Not sure I would use "willing to subject themselves to absolute doldrums" as my delineation point of strength, but you do you

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Real sickos that love wrestling watch 24 hours or more of wrestling over wrestlemania weekend (not count wwe) then are so burnt out they stop watching everything for half a year :twisted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Seems like a good weekend. Why would you burnout?

Backlash and dynasty are coming up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Was Joey Styles good enough to call Backlash?