Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Seems like a good weekend. Why would you burnout?

Backlash and dynasty are coming up

You keep claiming you only started watching pro wrestling a week and a half ago and yet behave as if you have been watching for decades

🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

rotinaj posted:

You keep claiming you only started watching pro wrestling a week and a half ago and yet behave as if you have been watching for decades

🤔

That is right. I just started watching modern wwe and aew the week before WM.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's called self radicalization

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Does Sheamus still yell FELLA when he makes his entrance

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Seams posted:

Does Sheamus still yell FELLA when he makes his entrance

yes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

good

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I thought Sheamus looked fine except for the ugly shorts. Fat Chris Hero had the best indy run ever, fat wrestlers rule.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I watched Otis get knocked onto his back and almost not be able to roll over.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I thought Sheamus looked fine except for the ugly shorts. Fat Chris Hero had the best indy run ever, fat wrestlers rule.

I really hope this is a trend and everyone in the fed starts wearing venom branded gear like in the ufc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Don’t listen to the anti-Main Event naysayers, these freaks electively watched years worth of AEW Dark Elevation.

i never watched that sheeit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/1781010502795100586

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sheamus rules

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my fat irish king

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

EAT EM AGAIN BIG RED

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

EAT EM AGAIN BIG RED

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Wrestlemania weekend was more like 12 hours of wrestling, 8 hours of promos, 3 hours of entrances and an hour of Cody tears

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Fat sheamus is a good look

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i never watched that sheeit

Yes you did, it’s where you developed your undying love of The Dork Odor, or as you called them “The Dark Order”.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

bro wtf is this bit. watching MAIN EVENT???

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lucifunk posted:

I had some serious health problems early this year and haven't been working since. I rest, smoke some weed, watch movies, work on my garden and play Yakuza games and even I don't have the time to consume that much wrestling.

You should watch fewer movies then, you dork. Dead rear end medium anyway, unlike professional wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Netflix said at the end of their stockholders meeting they're done reporting subscriber numbers
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1781057588991279484

So long-term, nobody's gonna know how much people watch Raw. Short-term, Netflix's stock is down 4% after-hours (was down over 7% right after the announcement) https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/nflx/after-hours

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Then how will i know if the show is based or cringe???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Yes you did, it’s where you developed your undying love of The Dork Odor, or as you called them “The Dark Order”.

It's true 😔

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
So basically all streaming services are still smoke and mirrors and investors are still extremely stupid?

So we all learned nothing from the WGA/SAG strikes.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The article says they will still release "engagement reports" twice a year which will give you a better idea of how many people are watching RAW than pure subscriber numbers

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

a dumb moron posted:

So basically all streaming services are still smoke and mirrors and investors are still extremely stupid?

So we all learned nothing from the WGA/SAG strikes.

Tesla's market cap is $469.80 billion, Toyota's is $312bn. In 2022 Tesla sold 1.3m cars, Toyota sold 10.48m. Investors will never stop being extremely stupid.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Parallax posted:

The article says they will still release "engagement reports" twice a year which will give you a better idea of how many people are watching RAW than pure subscriber numbers

But isn't that meaningless poo poo like they'll say "500 million cumulative hours of Raw were watched this year"?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm looking forward to posting every week that Raw did 0 viewers again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

But isn't that meaningless poo poo like they'll say "500 million cumulative hours of Raw were watched this year"?

Yes, if it's anything like what Netflix's buzzwords of the last few months which are Hours of Consumption for Content is, it completely doesn't factor in individuals at all (let alone in a household), or the concept of rewatching something, just time elapsed

So yeah, 500 million people could have seen it. Or 500 people could have seen it, but did it a million times each

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Parallax posted:

neither of them will give us a good idea

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nielsen needs to still give us ratings and quarterlies. They're too important to the community to lose. Lie if you must but grant us Number

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

I'm looking forward to posting every week that Raw did 0 viewers again.

aew could only dream of hitting those sorts of numbers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No Hundie???

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Let's go inside the mind of a Tatum Paxley

Doo doo doo doo dooo lllo dooo

I put the NXT on my back doe

I got a torn ACL

OH NO

NIA JAX

the Hardest hitting woman IN DUH LEAGUE

gently caress IT

CROSS THE RING

TOUCHDOWWWNNNN

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Big Sheamgus

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's kinda neat that all us, including Sheamus, can mock him for coming back accidentally fat and then we can all happily move on with our lives instead of us all being subjected to 8 months of Fat Sheamus comedy skits and booking by a senile lunatic.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I would never mock Fat Sheamus.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

i aint gonna sit here and act like my favorite wrestlers as a kid were folks like mick foley, vader and ice train

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Fat Sheaming