Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oof doesn't he realise there's only ONE family and that's the WWE family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/CMPunk/status/1387828394616934400

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/wrestling-wwe-mma-qanon-conspiracy-theories

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Aew wrestler Chris Jericho lol

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sad to see that AEW's most famous wrestler is a freak, won't be watching NXT after learning that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Sad to see that AEW's most famous wrestler is a freak, won't be watching NXT after learning that.

always love to help posters that are Just Asking Questions on their first day, welcome!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Why do all these guys who marked out hard enough for WWE programming when they were kids that they wanted to grow up to be wrestlers have strong feelings about WWE? Hard to say.

he's a guy about my brother's age who grew up watching two guys from his literal hometown be megasuperstars on top of the world in the wwf, like, theres some people where im honestly like "yeah, i can see why this is the dream destination, for sure" like it or hate it lol. ppl are complicated.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

What does someone getting baptized have to do with Q Anon?

It doesn't but the NXT evangelicals are also all big Qanon guys and when they get you into one they get you into the other

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Who are the nxt qanon wrestlers? I only recognize Jericho and Jax from that article and 1 is aew while the other is anti-vaxx and wwe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they're all friggin Chuds and we should execute them for their religious beliefs and their Twitter likes. Bravo goon sires!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

It doesn't but the NXT evangelicals are also all big Qanon guys and when they get you into one they get you into the other

(Genuinely) hosed up if true, I just reflexively felt like posting about some guy's baptism as evidence that he's a bad guy felt like r/atheism, but I have no idea if he's really a bad guy or not.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok so I went and found the reported qanon stable from nxt and all but 4 seem to have been let go in 2021 or 2022. 2 work for TNA and 2 work or worked for aew a bunch of the others work in other indies.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

qanon stable peak was when drake younger was still there and they did that private show at the pc for desantis' family

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestlingWCC/status/1782835579266228691

new performance center business model

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

me when i do poorly in the prediction game

https://twitter.com/tozawaakira/status/1782826590407164118?s=46&t=TRA2y0R9d5NxVL8lyqe9TA

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gable must be destroyed for hurting Akira

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

What does someone getting baptized have to do with Q Anon?

the Born Again to Q Anon pipeline is real

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did they probate y’all too many times in cspam or something and you are waiting for the posting police heat to die down

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Feel bad for Trevor Lee

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Punk showed up to the photoshoot to make sure they were all safe and no funny business was going on

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hopefully they let Tozawa not be just a comedy gimmick. If they book the Gable heel turn well enough, Tozawa breaking free and beating him could do a lot to fix his credibility that they ruined with all the terrible gimmicks they've given him.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Codependent Poster posted:

Hopefully they let Tozawa not be just a comedy gimmick. If they book the Gable heel turn well enough, Tozawa breaking free and beating him could do a lot to fix his credibility that they ruined with all the terrible gimmicks they've given him.

its so depressing. akira tozawa was the coolest guy in the world when he came into wwe. he had such a connection with a crowd that he could get a whole arena chanting along with him anywhere in the world. and he did so many badass moves and had kickass matches.

they have just absolutely ruined him beyond belief. they did a tajiri on him, fivefold

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Free Tozawa.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Tozawa ruled in the CWC

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

been saying this. need a monster express reunion

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

which japanese wrestlers have actually been utilised close to their potential by the fed? nak, kairi, iyo, oscar?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

KENTA was kind of a big deal but injuries kept him out of action

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tozawa just happy to be there, give him a break

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

feel bad for tozawa

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

shiksa posted:

akira tozawa was the coolest guy in the world when he came into wwe.

Ah I think I see what went wrong

JUNGLE BOY posted:

feel bad for tozawa

never feel bad for someone working for WWE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i feel bad for all the employees of wwe who were sexually assaulted

cjeckmate

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mr Hootington posted:

What is this?

Someone in back?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

panko posted:

which japanese wrestlers have actually been utilised close to their potential by the fed? nak, kairi, iyo, oscar?

Asuka. I don't think you can really argue Nakamura has been used to close to his potential considering how high that was. But they have managed to not completely gently caress up Kairi, Asuka & Iyo so far.

They probably used KENTA about as well as they could considering he was broken down by the time he joined them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

panko posted:

Nak had high potential in New Japan and actually sometimes won matches that mattered

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I wasn’t watching wrestling actively when he was hot in the fed but I saw the clip of his smackdown debut and couldn’t help but think that he was the coolest man alive

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

Punk showed up to the photoshoot to make sure they were all safe and no funny business was going on

He had to hand out some gift cards to Starbucks to improve locker room morale, don’t hate the player, hate the guy who is hurt, he’s old, and he works with loving children

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

At least Nakamura got the Sami Zayn match.

:(

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

At least Nakamura got the Sami Zayn match.

:(

that was only 8 years ago, he’s due for another big match soon

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

shiksa posted:

they have just absolutely ruined him beyond belief. they did a tajiri on him, fivefold

Yeah it’s a bummer.

Tajiri was always my boy and even when he was at his dipshittiest I always felt like if the switch ever got flipped he was still the goddamn Buzzsaw

Tozawa never got to catch that kind of aura outside of 205 live iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Remember when it felt like WWE had turned a corner on how they booked Japanese wrestlers when they had Nakamura and Asuka both win at the 2018 Royal Rumble but then they both lost at Wrestlemania?