Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004
Asuka and Shinsuke's individual runs in NXT were amazing. Asuka with her invincible aura and Nak with his rock star presence. Truly a pleasure to watch.

Then Vince booking happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Giving Shinsuke Nakamura the Cock Knocker gimmick... well that was a choice.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

TheKingslayer posted:

For one of the most anticipating feuds they could've had going too lmao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

bartok posted:

Remember when it felt like WWE had turned a corner on how they booked Japanese wrestlers when they had Nakamura and Asuka both win at the 2018 Royal Rumble but then they both lost at Wrestlemania?

And then they had Akira Tozawa coming out in a ninja costume while Jerry Lawler made ramen noodle joke about him in like, 2020

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

it was the peak of his character

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1782954892102955144

:lmao: it didn't take them long to rip off Bryan/Ospreay, did it?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo that's blatant and dire, just convulsing in the corner like a bad video game QTE lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think that was a redo of the finish to their last match that happened before Danielson/Ospreay. Unfortunately it turns out the greatest wrestling match in American history was merely an NXT ripoff :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rhonne posted:

AND it looked like total dogshit!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

bartok posted:

Remember when it felt like WWE had turned a corner on how they booked Japanese wrestlers when they had Nakamura and Asuka both win at the 2018 Royal Rumble but then they both lost at Wrestlemania?

remember it, buddy its what killed my interest in watching. for real, that rugpull was the last one i was willing to endure. i think i watched through the next part of aj nak and just checked out/only talked abt wwe to goof on it from there. it was a real "haha, you like these wrestlers who would change the idea of what wwe could be? haha, idiot!" moment

Rhonne posted:

if youre going to rip off something that iconic you really better be sure you bring it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhonne posted:

Lmao trick. He wrestles like that all the time. Ilka is always super dramatic too and he was powering up for his Moscow torpedo.

I think Ilja might be getting called up. Maybe into Imperium stable which would be funny. His new trunks look like the new Imperium trunks.

They are betting on trick to be the new top babyface of nxt. He is super charismatic, but subpar in the ring.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 24, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

xbilkis posted:

I think that was a redo of the finish to their last match that happened before Danielson/Ospreay. Unfortunately it turns out the greatest wrestling match in American history was merely an NXT ripoff :(

Correct, but the first time they face Ilja was able to do his torpedo Moscow before the trick shot.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1aj6vn4/nxt_vengeance_day_spoilers_finish_to_ilja/

They are cooking in nxt. They try lots of different stuff in there that I wish they would bring to raw or smackdown. They also do longer and more matches.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ilja Dragunov rules and I'm totally sure his talents will be best utilized in four minute matches on Monday Night Raw

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliaNYY/status/1782956943159459872

comments pointing out this isnt like that

https://twitter.com/BigRion16/status/1782963234145784144

Lid fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 24, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

recent raw viewership

4/8/24 - 2.36m
4/15/24 - 1.8m
4/22/24 - 1.6m

oof, has the cooking ended?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

JUNGLE BOY posted:

recent raw viewership

4/8/24 - 2.36m
4/15/24 - 1.8m
4/22/24 - 1.6m

:hai: it’s cooked

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

recent raw viewership

4/8/24 - 2.36m
4/15/24 - 1.8m
4/22/24 - 1.6m

Turns out that you can't keep on counting on the WM build viewers sticking around.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
When will Cody feud with Kane?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel posted:

2032 republican primaries

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Kennel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuqFnbLLGE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

recent raw viewership

4/8/24 - 2.36m
4/15/24 - 1.8m
4/22/24 - 1.6m

if you think those numbers are bad, have i got a #2 promotion for you!!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if you think those numbers are bad, have i got a #2 promotion for you!!!

NXT is holding onto their viewership. paul would benefit from sitting under shawn’s learning tree

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I've heard Netflix is pulling the deal after these numbers

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Rhonne posted:

What's the noise at 0:23 supposed to be?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Quid posted:

What's the noise at 0:23 supposed to be?

Whoop that trick? Or Booker T?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
It's guest commentator Dagon from the band Inquisition

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Over the course of 2018, AJ feuded with Zayn, Owens, Nakamura, and Samoa Joe, and somehow it was all bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

by august, and from then on, wrestlers who get released can show up on another company's show that same day

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All of those loving amateurs were ripping off Copeland and Sheamus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzw2IpLjk0g&t=650s

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

All of those loving amateurs were ripping off Copeland and Sheamus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzw2IpLjk0g&t=650s

the rematch at all in this year is gonna slap

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

quote:

Jey: I just said this to someone - I kind of feel like we did let the people down.

Gorilla Position: Really? You feel that?

Jey: Yeah, man, because I wanted to go out there and have a straight-up banger too. I wanted to do the wrestling part, but let alone make sure the emotion part is there. It was just a time issue, uce. You know what I'm saying? You just got to play your position on the team. That’s what happened. I'm still happy though, uce. I got a singles match on WrestleMania with my brother - that’s the big picture. So I'm going to always have me and him in the faceoff at WrestleMania. I’m going to frame a picture. It’s marked off our box. I just wish we could have went ham the way I know we can.

Before the match, Jey and Jimmy found out they were having some of their time cut due to the show being over its planned time. Jey vs. Jimmy was the fourth of seven matches to take place on the WrestleMania 40 night one card.

lol Jey thinks his match sucked at Mania because it wasn't long enough

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Prime is being sued for having too many chemicals in it, so I assume EMF is already dead. I take no joy in sharing this news, as I am pro-life.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Prime is being sued for having too many chemicals in it, so I assume EMF is already dead. I take no joy in sharing this news, as I am pro-life.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmfao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

:eyepop:

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Whoop that trick? Or Booker T?

I dont think it was Booker. He didn't sound like that when I watched. Does whoop that trick always sound like someone being strangled?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

bro. u literally erased abortion rights. are they a joke to you…?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MJeff posted:

Looks like two separate lawsuits, one filed late last year seeks class action damages for Prime containing PFAS (Which have already contaminated thousands of public water supplies so, y'know, good luck with that.)

The newer one probably has even less of a leg to stand on:

quote:

Prime Hyrdation LLC was sued April 8 in the Southern District of New York over "misleading and deceptive practices" regarding the company's 12-ounce energy drinks containing between 215-225 milligrams of caffeine as opposed to the advertised 200 milligrams, according to the class action suit.

Lara Vera, a Poughkeepsie, New York resident, filed the suit in federal court on behalf of herself and others who bought Prime products across the U.S., the complaint says. Vera purchased Prime's Blue Raspberry products several times in August 2022 for about $3 to $4 each, but she would have never bought the drinks if she had known the actual caffeine content, according to the suit.

"Yes, I was gladly buying and ingesting the product boasting that it contains as much caffeine as six cans of Coca-Cola...but six and a half?! Now I've been duped and poisoned, money please"

Anyhow I'm sorry EMF died, RIPs

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The chant is "Whoop That Trick", the signature chant of Trick Williams, who was Carmelo Hayes's Tall Friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Quid posted:

I dont think it was Booker. He didn't sound like that when I watched. Does whoop that trick always sound like someone being strangled?

That strangled noise was Booker T