Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
best women's roster in the world, or so I'm told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s true but the AEWailures will say otherwise 🤫

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
quibi for wrestling

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s true but the AEWailures will say otherwise 🤫

Pathetic, a European calling America "the world"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*Pat McAfee voice* Piper....Niven....?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/therock/status/1773771453931950236?s=46&t=OxNS0oQRTXMDiN4qEfSnlQ

Rock breaking kayfabe in the most confusing way possible.

And calling himself The Final Boss is the funniest burial of Roman.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The first paragraph, I get it, you're doing an emotional scene and you can't come down in a snap, i get it.

But it's this dumb paragraph in the middle, it's the stupidest loving thing and he didn't need to include it but he did.

:jerkbag:

Edit: HE DELETED THE TWEET :lol:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol rock goes on joe rogan one time and it's like river phoenix partying with the chili peppers

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Miching Mallecho posted:

The first paragraph, I get it, you're doing an emotional scene and you can't come down in a snap, i get it.

But it's this dumb paragraph in the middle, it's the stupidest loving thing and he didn't need to include it but he did.

:jerkbag:

Edit: HE DELETED THE TWEET :lol:

The real Final Boss? Klaus Schwab

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

lol rock goes on joe rogan one time and it's like river phoenix partying with the chili peppers

if an A list celeb dabbles in conspiracy theory for even a minute they will go permanently insane immediately. many such cases!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's still up on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5GpCQ4rug9/

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I just want Maui Rock back :cry:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be decadently whimsical to pretend to agree with the rock after that one! i'll consider it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Loser Cody not man enough to stand for himself and letting the old geezer to spank him when the cameras aren't even rolling. So sad. :( #notmychampion

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cody was begging for somebody to say clear

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

The one thing I will not be able to take is rock scatting nonsense lyrics and talking endlessly about California

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rock did the anthony keidis chinese impression on wwe the music vol 2

bartok
May 10, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Rock did the anthony keidis chinese impression on wwe the music vol 2
lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rememeber when Cody went “The heartbreak kiiiid Shmuanickles”

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the crock

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Man no one here will ever dig it but this storyline with Cody and the Rock is so loving good. I’ve hated Rock all my life for beating Foley while getting cheered for being an annoying cartoon. He’s leaning into what ai personally always seen him as, a violent psycho narcissist piece of poo poo. The beating in the rain was one of the craziest things I ever seen in wrestling and all the gently caress words and poo poo just makes it feel more visceral and intense. Old school, violent Terry Funk type heeling. Can’t wait for the matches.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rock will work both nights of mania and tear muscles to the point of needing to be in a darth vader suit the next night on raw

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I think it's hysterical how Roman is the third wheel in this and he's the "top champion" and Rollins...well Rollins :lmao: :lol: loser belt

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Man no one here will ever dig it but this storyline with Cody and the Rock is so loving good. I’ve hated Rock all my life for beating Foley while getting cheered for being an annoying cartoon. He’s leaning into what ai personally always seen him as, a violent psycho narcissist piece of poo poo. The beating in the rain was one of the craziest things I ever seen in wrestling and all the gently caress words and poo poo just makes it feel more visceral and intense. Old school, violent Terry Funk type heeling. Can’t wait for the matches.

Whoa the production guy said the scene was over and then the rock went gently caress you this is real and kept hitting Cody. It was like a loving movie except real because they kept doing it after the cameras stopped filming and I saw it thanks to the cameras filming it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he was hitting cody for real and was trying to kill him because you can do that when you're famous like the rock

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Whoa the production guy said the scene was over and then the rock went gently caress you this is real and kept hitting Cody. It was like a loving movie except real because they kept doing it after the cameras stopped filming and I saw it thanks to the cameras filming it.

Is wrestling supposed to be like a movie? It was just cool and interesting to me, blood and swearing made AEW feel similarly unique in the modern era when they’ve used it as well.

I still think this is all a ploy to get Moxley back

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Been watching on and off since the Sami Zayn thing as a fan from decades ago. Really enjoying the show, not enough to watch week n week but watch highlights on youtube and catch the big ppv.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he was hitting cody for real and was trying to kill him because you can do that when you're famous like the rock

That's true

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

when you make your first 100 million in hollywood you're allowed to kill 1 (one) person free of charges and the rock wisely saved his for cody and a post-RAW beatdown

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

this

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaGnw5DvJiY

The Botchamania before Mania

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

it is 100% not for me but im happy you are enjoying it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Agreed op. It’s cinema and the dumbdumbs on the number 2 (as in poo poo) promotion can’t handle that the Fed reigns supreme.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

It definitely appeals to a certain type of fan

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

Unhinged Final Boss Rock has been a great gimmick. The road to get here was often dumb as hell, but they ended up at a good spot for Mania.

The rain was a really good happy accident.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I still think this is all a ploy to get Moxley back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_px6w1bXcg&t=18s

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Turning your Forever Champ into the third wheel in the main event feud seems bad.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Seams posted:

Turning your Forever Champ into the third wheel in the main event feud seems bad.

Bad booking, but funny.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and the product has been hotter than normal, but I can't get passed the company being what it is, and this isn't for me.

But a criticism of this angle is, why isn't Roman the one doing this stuff? I know The Rock MIGHT be involved in the title match, but The Rock being the main character of this angle doesn't really jive with me, especially since he's largely here to get eyes off the rape story. I know this is a company about moments, so everything else is largely secondary.

Or more concisely put...

Seams posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It really feels like to me that whatever angle they are planning for Mania is going to be The Rock turning on Roman at the end as an elaborate planned set-up from Cody and the Rock.

I'm also terrible at guessing booking and have always ranked extremely low whenever we play the PPV Prediction Games so I dunno