Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Suplex Liberace posted:

what if the camera guy is running around the the concorse and cody rises from behind the nacho bar

His heel turn....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The fed dorks kinda give the game away by going OH MY GOD IT'S THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN every single time anything happens on one of these shows.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

The fed dorks kinda give the game away by going OH MY GOD IT'S THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN every single time anything happens on one of these shows.

it might mean something if they didn’t act like the thunderdome or vince’s booking from 2018-2022 were also amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2019 RAW was insane, absolute worst wrestling tv i've ever seen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
2018 had the Brock/Roman forever feud, Constable Corbin being the main character of the show and Dean Ambrose doing the crowd is poo poo stinky gimmick.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MJeff posted:

Yeah lmao, it's the worst. WHAT JUST HAPPENED etc. Nothing is ever just Pretty Cool. It's almost like they're trying to be giant parodies of people who are actually excited about wrestling, which now that I say that out loud, is probably true since they seem to subsist on irony and vitriol.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just don’t like when someone calls the tracking shots impressive. It’s live tv, it’s not impressive to just walk with a camera. What makes tracking uncut shots impressive in movies is that it’s usually one complex scene that’s being done in one take. The traffic jam scene from Weekend is impressive because of the pure scope and length of broken down and damaged cars as well as extras, not because they filmed for a long time.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Mr Hootington posted:

I think these tracking shots wouldn't work with a Cody Rhodes or a heel. They really can only be used for the more "everyman" type wrestler like KO or Sami.

I thought it was clever of them to use this sort of entrance for Sami during his WM match. Everyone had huge, flashy entrances, which didn't really work for Sami so they gave him something more intimate that still lent weight to his match.

I heard Sami vs Gable was good last night. Might have to watch it later today.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

2017-2020 was the utter dirt worst wrestling I've ever seen when you put it all into context. I've seen worse shows, poo poo indies, bad Legends specials, but it was a truly perfect mix of baffling, dull, painful, and spiteful, and I was barely watching at that point. Genuinely think it's worse than any of the famously bad eras. The New Generation wishes it could suck as loudly as Goldberg vs. The Fiend or Brock Lesnar beating Kofi and later Big E.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I don't really see the point of paying attention to people who not only do I fundamentally disagree with about the moral aspect of something, I also think they've got really lovely taste or if they don't, they're pretending they do. Like why not block and move on.

I got off twitter and facebook because it was a cesspit but also because the information I *was* getting was being filtered through utterly contemptible dickheads. It's like youtube where everything's a reaction video.

Tbh I just lurk on SA or my extremely curated reddit list so I can avoid the worst.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I agree! I really only come here for my wrestling talk for that reason. But sometimes Facebook decides that between videos of hydraulic presses and street food I absolutely MUST know what "David" of "The Pro Wrestling World" thinks about Tama Tonga.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I just don’t like when someone calls the tracking shots impressive. It’s live tv, it’s not impressive to just walk with a camera. What makes tracking uncut shots impressive in movies is that it’s usually one complex scene that’s being done in one take. The traffic jam scene from Weekend is impressive because of the pure scope and length of broken down and damaged cars as well as extras, not because they filmed for a long time.

doing a long tracking shot live is very impressive

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

2017-2020 was the utter dirt worst wrestling I've ever seen when you put it all into context. I've seen worse shows, poo poo indies, bad Legends specials, but it was a truly perfect mix of baffling, dull, painful, and spiteful, and I was barely watching at that point. Genuinely think it's worse than any of the famously bad eras. The New Generation wishes it could suck as loudly as Goldberg vs. The Fiend or Brock Lesnar beating Kofi and later Big E.

wwe was so bad that at the end of 2018 the mcmahons came out and apologized to the audience (and blamed it on baron corbin IIRC), and then they proceeded to book even worse shows the following year

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1074835049491554305

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bring back the thunderdome imo or call a ppv “Thunderdome”

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Doing a live show is impressive. Which they’ve been doing every week for years. They’re filming the exact same stuff they’ve always filmed they’re just not switching to different cameras. It’s really not impressive.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
All those clips do is remind me of this https://youtu.be/MjW8OnG7AIc?si=NV2HphKhtSUOavb5

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

🤯🤯🤯

also, if papa h rehires matt hardy then i say let him cook

https://x.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1780065063191122066

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I tried to go through the whole ppv library from 2007-2022 last year since I started watching again at Wrestlemania and it really started to get dire towards the end of the teens.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wrestling matches already happen in one take. Live promos too. Having one camera man film them instead of three isn’t anything.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

I just don’t like when someone calls the tracking shots impressive. It’s live tv, it’s not impressive to just walk with a camera.

I dunno, cameras are pretty heavy.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I agree! I really only come here for my wrestling talk for that reason. But sometimes Facebook decides that between videos of hydraulic presses and street food I absolutely MUST know what "David" of "The Pro Wrestling World" thinks about Tama Tonga.

I used to read Private Eye, a satirical magazine, and it had one article for 'What a call-in radio DJ says, vs what they mean' which lingers to this day.

What they say:
'That's an interesting point, Brian of Croydon'

Vs
What they mean:
'You are a dangerous lunatic, Brian of Croydon and if I ever see you within 100 feet of me I shall alert the authorities'.

Twitter got like that for me except everyone was Brian of Croydon. Facebook I never really got into the wrestling side of because like my wife was able to see that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Indy show where they have only have one hard cam to record the show with. Cinema.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wwe was so bad that at the end of 2018 the mcmahons came out and apologized to the audience (and blamed it on baron corbin IIRC), and then they proceeded to book even worse shows the following year

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1074835049491554305

That was a great clip because you could clearly see they had no intention of changing anything and it was the fans who were wrong.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I thought it was clever of them to use this sort of entrance for Sami during his WM match. Everyone had huge, flashy entrances, which didn't really work for Sami so they gave him something more intimate that still lent weight to his match.

I heard Sami vs Gable was good last night. Might have to watch it later today.

I'm watching the episode right now. It is wild the bump HHH got when coming out. There is a kind of exuberance you can feel from the crowd when watching the 2 big shows.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wonder if most of them would enjoy the Riptide Wrestling style or if they would complain that it's all being wasted on matches

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

🤯🤯🤯

also, if papa h rehires matt hardy then i say let him cook

https://x.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1780065063191122066

I mean I guess it's nice if all the former Wyatt associates formed a stable in his honor but it being a cool gesture is about all it would be.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It could be a 3 hour static shot of actual human poo poo and they’d be hooting and hollering as long as it had the appropriate show idents in the corner

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's not easy to do a one-take live walking around an arena with a heavy tv camera, wired or wireless. i don't care how much you hate the rape factory company: you gotta hand it to the camerapeople

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

it's not easy to do a one-take live walking around an arena with a heavy tv camera, wired or wireless. i don't care how much you hate the rape factory company: you gotta hand it to the camerapeople

They’ve already been walking around with cameras every single week since the show has began. In fact it’s probably easier now.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The_Rob posted:

They’ve already been walking around with cameras every single week since the show has began. In fact it’s probably easier now.

Your ignorance of TV production is astounding and we're all begging you to stop

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alan_Shore posted:

Your ignorance of TV production is astounding and we're all begging you to stop

Please explain why them filming a scene of a live show with one camera is more impressive than what they’ve already been doing. The live show with multiple cameras.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Filming live TV in general is very difficult. It doesn't matter what they're filming. TV cameras are mad heavy and you have to hit your cues as well. It's tough!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

actually, it's easy. :smug:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i could do it. i don't want to though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Filming live TV in general is very difficult. It doesn't matter what they're filming. TV cameras are mad heavy and you have to hit your cues as well. It's tough!

Yes. I already said that filming a live tv show is impressive, because it is.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The best wrestling is recorded with one man holding up a heavy camera and a long single take: 1990s AJPW fancams

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Walking with a camera and keeping the shot especially when surrounded by people sucks so much. That's why it's impressive. It's not like it's the most mind-blowing effect or anything but it takes a lot of skill. That's all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Please explain why them filming a scene of a live show with one camera is more impressive than what they’ve already been doing. The live show with multiple cameras.

if you are filming through multiple locations with one camera while moving, it's much harder to shoot as you also have to worry about stuff like keeping the focus and exposure correct (moving through different lighting setups) and also you have to worry about cable length if you're wired, or interference if you're wireless.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You think you can post here, in the WWE general thread, with an ignorance of tv production? You think that'll fly???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

You think you can post here, in the WWE general thread, with an ignorance of tv production? You think that'll fly???

Ignorance and doubling down is what makes a true WWE fan!