Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

DLC Inc posted:

one of the things HHH doesn't get enough poo poo about is how bad a lot of NXT callups tend to do on main roster. years back when beloved son Aleister Black came up, he did literally nothing for like 90% of his tenure, spending time in a closet begging people to knock on his door. Andrade, in his first tenure with WWE, didn't do much either. Both were ripped from extremely good programs in NXT way, way too early and suffered for it. Carmelo Hayes coming out to crickets and then loving up immediately is par for the course now. Look at DIY, once the most over act in NXT (before the Shakespearean drama of a feud and the doubleturn that wasn't needed at all.) Now they're just two losers.

Idk how The 4 Horsewomen, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor, and Samoa Joe all escaped this fate but all those people were called up before Aleister/Andrade/DIY as well. Something happened or somebody stopped caring at this point, I have no idea, but at some juncture being called up from NXT was a death sentence. Bianca Belair I guess is the lone exception of the last few years? I remember when KO came up he beat the poo poo out of John Cena, now you get called up just to lose to Cody.

Most of the actually successful NXT wrestlers were Dusty's recruits, weren't they? Who are the post-Dusty success stories? Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley, I suppose. I know absolutely nothing of anybody who debuted after 2018, but the 2016-2018 people are all either in AEW or the Karrion Kross Phantom Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

maruhkati posted:

Most of the actually successful NXT wrestlers were Dusty's recruits, weren't they? Who are the post-Dusty success stories? Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley, I suppose. I know absolutely nothing of anybody who debuted after 2018, but the 2016-2018 people are all either in AEW or the Karrion Kross Phantom Zone.

Just looking at the list, quite a lot of the current champions started in NXT after Dusty had died (Austin Theory, Grayson Waller, Asuka*, Kairi, Damian Priest, also recent champions Gunther and Iyo)

*) joined just after his death

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

thinking about old old old nxt. Ricky ortiz where are you now

I wonder whatever happened to that Leaky guy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

thinking about old old old nxt. Ricky ortiz where are you now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_K4-swNyw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Watching the smackdown and lmao at people chanting "Whoop that Trick" at Carmelo Hayes.

Edit: Carlito heel turn!

Edit 2: I'll be honest I think the draft episodes with a small amount of wrestling is fine for 2 episodes of a tv show, but I'd be mega pissed if I spent $400 to see this in the arena.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 27, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr Hootington posted:

Everyone is hurt

lol they had 4 matches with the longest going 9 minutes and they have 100+ main roster wrestlers. And then another I don't even know how many in developmental. 30-40? They can't all be injured, let's not be daft.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
There's still a TV deal gap for Raw between October and the Netflix deal until January, right? I'm sure the TKO/WWE execs believe they'll figure something out but what if they don't? Stream it on UFC Fight Pass? Twitter? Something even funnier?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Carwash oval office posted:

I am confused, did one of them do the rope splash by mistake or were they supposed to meet in the middle of ring, about 6 inches off the mat?

I thought that Cody saw Melo going for a move and wanted to try to counter it with a Cody cutter.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

It's sports entertainment, pal

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
cody is stupid and by god thats why we love him folks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

TV Zombie posted:

I thought that Cody saw Melo going for a move and wanted to try to counter it with a Cody cutter.

That was what was supposed to happened, but they botched the timing.

Edit: I like that Rollins was drafted but he is out for 3-4 more months

What if Becky doesn't resign, but doesn't lose the title. Can she keep the belt like Flair did?

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 28, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

skaboomizzy posted:

There's still a TV deal gap for Raw between October and the Netflix deal until January, right? I'm sure the TKO/WWE execs believe they'll figure something out but what if they don't? Stream it on UFC Fight Pass? Twitter? Something even funnier?

I just realised that at long last they are going to have to stop talking about the longest running weekly episodic bollocks come January

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Motherfucking Brian Cage in a goddamn wig.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1784394748880453954?t=Cp9nsfobL8TUMy26HMhnJw&s=19

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Grendels Dad posted:

I remember that guy! The batch of whatever roster he was part of was amazing, to this day I laugh when I think of Slumping Shoulders Bald Big Hills Have Eyes Reject!

This isn't Brian Cage?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Never any doubt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

skaboomizzy posted:

I assume they'll work out an extension with USA since they still have an ongoing relationship with them for Smackdown, but who knows.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jiro posted:

Motherfucking Brian Cage in a goddamn wig.

That’s rude, he just grew his hair like that back then

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

1glitch0 posted:

I assume they'll work out an extension with USA since they still have an ongoing relationship with them for Smackdown, but who knows.

That is the most likely thing but I want something really dumb and funny to happen.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

My friend got Nick Rogers fired. He brought a Push Nick Rogers sign to Raw once as a bit and the guy saw it and tweeted about it and was released a few days later. Then they released the FCW documentary where they spent two minutes burying Nick Rogers with a compilation showing how all of his promos were the same.

pettiest company of all time, my god

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Cody is injured the move is for Roman to beat let’s say Drew for the vacant title. Via Bloodline interference.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

If Cody is injured the move is for Roman to beat let’s say Drew for the vacant title. Via Bloodline interference.

Roman literally just sat down to begin enjoying his vacation and his phone is already ringing off the hook

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Carwash oval office posted:

I am confused, did one of them do the rope splash by mistake or were they supposed to meet in the middle of ring, about 6 inches off the mat?

https://twitter.com/Palletlover/status/1784254686498832447

melo and ricochet did a similar spot only they actually did go at the same time and meet each other in the air. cody weighs like 40 more lbs than ricochet and is like 40 instead of like 30 tho

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rotinaj posted:

Roman literally just sat down to begin enjoying his vacation and his phone is already ringing off the hook

Let’s be honest his entire title run was basically one long vacation

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Cody is cooked

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Endorph posted:

melo and ricochet did a similar spot only they actually did go at the same time and meet each other in the air. cody weighs like 40 more lbs than ricochet and is like 40 instead of like 30 tho

Their version looked stupid too but at least no one got hurt.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Uncle Ulty posted:

It's so weird to me because Carmelo Hayes is a local guy I've seen quite a bit as he climbed through the indies in our area. He was massively talented and got over so quickly in every promotion he worked for, and carried so many titles before he got signed.

According to Wikipedia, Carmelo Hayes is 5'10" and Trick Williams is 6'4". I have never seen them wrestle. That Google was all I needed to figure out who WWE would push.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Looking forward to Carmelo Hayes in the Cedric spot 2 years from now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcgfYN7VX0E

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Endorph posted:

I think the spot even done well looks stupid.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

The_Rob posted:

No it doesn't. Lol

Edit:

Lol

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 28, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cool Move Derangement Syndrome

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think it looks both cool and dumb.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a cool move but that specific melo and ricochet clip looks like slow motion compared to other times it's been done.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The_Rob posted:

yeah lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The second rope cutter is one of those moves that's already really straining credibility because it looks like it hurts the person giving it significantly more than the person taking it and it doesn't even look significantly more cool than a regular running cutter. I would argue Orton and Mox's cutter look cooler than the Cody Cutter or the Oscutter most of the time. These dueling cutter spots are just goofy but at least the Cody/Melo botch where both guys totally eat poo poo and one of them gets injured is honest about the logical conclusion of that spot.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's so funny

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

basically the only reason for springboard no look moves like that is to get totally owned by your opponent in mid air and crumple to the ground doing the yamcha death pose

Cody cutter, the lethal injection, oscutter, they should all be countered 100% of the time and never ever hit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Thank God wrestling isn't real though so we get to see cool and stupid poo poo happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I'm okay with it. There should he more times where guys just eat poo poo because they cant actually see what's behind them