Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What about the Rhodes Scholars and Ted Diabisase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think you’ll find that was Team Rhodes Scholars because everything had to be Team for a while

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cody's greatest strength is he takes sicko bumps like that cutter from sammy from the top of the ladder. Or that time he tried to put andrade through a flaming table but andrade missed the table and he put himself directly into the fire.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Drew's deal is for 3 years

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cody’s disaster kick is such a poor imitation of Low Ki’s tidal wave attack. No height, no distance, no speed, no impact. He looks afraid to jump off the ropes.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Cody’s disaster kick is such a poor imitation of Low Ki’s tidal wave attack. No height, no distance, no speed, no impact. He looks afraid to jump off the ropes.

Would say it's a disaster? :dadjoke:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

More draft picks, a trios match, a logan paul town hall, and a logan paul's dad town hall? we're so spoiled.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shard posted:

Cody's greatest strength is he takes sicko bumps like that cutter from sammy from the top of the ladder. Or that time he tried to put andrade through a flaming table but andrade missed the table and he put himself directly into the fire.

Moonsault from that big rear end cage is what got me to watch Dynamite

faceplanting on the entrance ramp with a huge gash on his forehead was impressive too

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

More draft picks, a trios match, a logan paul town hall, and a logan paul's dad town hall? we're so spoiled.

Lmao if we get 1 match in 3 hours of show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao if we get 1 match in 3 hours of show.

Reminded of a tweet I saw a while back that said something like "we've moved beyond the need for matches."

This is what the fans want.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I too take 1 thing I saw a random post and extrapolate from there.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I too take 1 thing I saw a random post and extrapolate from there.

isn't that what you just did above? When you saw that tweet and then extrapolated from there "lol if we get 1 match from a 3 hour show,"?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If we're going to extrapolate, we should extrapolate from this one Instagram post that Cody's dog, Shithead, has signed a brand deal.

americannightmarecody
This filled my heart up this am! ♥️ 🐾 Our friends at @chewy with the most thoughtful gift box AND it’s official…your winner and NEW “CHEWY CHAMP”…The Siberian Nightmare Pharaoh! Seriously, thanks for the snacks, the custom belt, and some fun items that the Yeti man can enjoy too. Amazing. @thebrandirhodes @wwe

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shard posted:

isn't that what you just did above? When you saw that tweet and then extrapolated from there "lol if we get 1 match from a 3 hour show,"?

I trust projecthalaxy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

be nice to the dog

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I thought the preview on WWE.com would have more matches listed, but they don't even have the Punk seg listed. Anything can happen in the world wrestling federation, I suppose.

There'll probably be matches for draft picks, if that's still a thing they do

E: while there, I did find out they are doing an NXT special from the UFC Performance Center, which is sorta funny.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/nxtple/article/wwe-ufc-joins-forces-to-bring-nxt-battleground-to-ufc-apex-on-sunday-june-9

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 29, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I still can't get over whatever they did to Punk's promo picture.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I thought the preview on WWE.com would have more matches listed, but they don't even have the Punk seg listed. Anything can happen in the world wrestling federation, I suppose.

There'll probably be matches for draft picks, if that's still a thing they do

E: while there, I did find out they are doing an NXT special from the UFC Performance Center, which is sorta funny.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/nxtple/article/wwe-ufc-joins-forces-to-bring-nxt-battleground-to-ufc-apex-on-sunday-june-9

I think that is the next NXT PPV.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
fun items that the Yeti man can enjoy too

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wait they’re still doing the draft?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The draft is 2 nights

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Wait they’re still doing the draft?

RULES OF THE DRAFT

Champions on each brand will be protected and are not eligible to be drafted. As a result, Damian Priest, Becky Lynch, Awesome Truth and Sami Zayn will remain on Raw. Cody Rhodes, Bayley, A-Town Down Under and Logan Paul will remain on SmackDown.

Even though their status as champions allows them to go to both brands, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Asuka and Kairi Sane are eligible to be drafted. They will be assigned to that brand if they lose the titles.

Monday’s Raw will feature six rounds of draft picks being announced. Each round will consist of the brands making two picks apiece for a total of 24 picks (12 for Raw and 12 for SmackDown).

Raw will have first pick on Monday.

Rosters will go into effect on Monday, May 6, two days after Backlash France.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Imagine if the NFL draft took place during actual games. I get that wrestling doesn't have an offseason, but crowding out pretty much everything else for a week of their programming seems bad to me.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

RULES OF THE DRAFT

Champions on each brand will be protected and are not eligible to be drafted. As a result, Damian Priest, Becky Lynch, Awesome Truth and Sami Zayn will remain on Raw. Cody Rhodes, Bayley, A-Town Down Under and Logan Paul will remain on SmackDown.

Even though their status as champions allows them to go to both brands, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Asuka and Kairi Sane are eligible to be drafted. They will be assigned to that brand if they lose the titles.

Monday’s Raw will feature six rounds of draft picks being announced. Each round will consist of the brands making two picks apiece for a total of 24 picks (12 for Raw and 12 for SmackDown).

Raw will have first pick on Monday.

Rosters will go into effect on Monday, May 6, two days after Backlash France.

You forgot the most important thing: Roman Reigns saying he wasn't going to be in the draft, and WWE saying "Yes sir!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Davros1 posted:

You forgot the most important thing: Roman Reigns saying he wasn't going to be in the draft, and WWE saying "Yes sir!"

That is not on the posted rules and i am not responsible for addenda

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roman is never wrestling again

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Davros1 posted:

And they could’ve easily fixed that by him saying “and if you don’t like that, go complain to my cousin The Rock” to simply explain why WWE wouldn’t do anything

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

drat what a disruption to his schedule of not wrestling before

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I don't see the point in having beltholders who are never around or wrestle. People want to see drama and action.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RealityWarCriminal posted:

faceplanting on the entrance ramp with a huge gash on his forehead was impressive too

When was that?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

saw these in a montreal vintage store. they had a surprising heft to them

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

TV Zombie posted:

When was that?

Full Gear 2019
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1193372756408074240

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1193607090771759104

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That wasn't Cody, it was Yoshi-Hashi.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't see the point in having beltholders who are never around or wrestle. People want to see drama and action.

There was no drama to be had. Roman was canonically too strong and powerful and cool and no one could beat him so there was no point in him wrestling or even appearing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

There was no drama to be had. Roman was canonically too strong and powerful and cool and no one could beat him so there was no point in him wrestling or even appearing.

He was so cool 😔

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao at Patrick Mahomes being a heel in the wweverse

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Legado De Fantasmo vs Creed Brothers on WWE Main Event was great

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Congrats to Main Event for doubling their viewership this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Legado De Fantasmo vs Creed Brothers on WWE Main Event was great

Yeah it wasn't too bad. The Creed Brothers are a decent tag team.