Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

That DICK! posted:

i guess its been a while and maybe i was stupider 10 years ago and missed the point but i hated pain and gain. made me uncomfortable and i didnt get the point. rocks best movie role is other guys

I loved it because it's Michael Bay trying his damnedest to make a Coen Brothers style dark comedy and I think he succeeded for the most part. Dude is a huge Coen Brothers fanboy and lot their regulars pop up in his movies all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

bartok posted:

I loved it because it's Michael Bay trying his damnedest to make a Coen Brothers style dark comedy and I think he succeeded for the most part. Dude is a huge Coen Brothers fanboy and lot their regulars pop up in his movies all the time.

midbudget michael bay rules, he's the absolute king of the midbudget action movie and that sorta thing just doesnt exist anymore sadly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pain and Gain is one of the most wretched films ever made. It is so cynical and mean spirited. Awful awful awful.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

shouts out The Rundown one time

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Pain and Gain is one of the most wretched films ever made. It is so cynical and mean spirited. Awful awful awful.

see? qop knows his stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

shouts out The Rundown one time

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

bartok posted:

gently caress. I have somehow never made that connection but it's perfect. Down to the "Based on a true story" thing.

I can't hate this, and I can't be mean towards CM Punk about this. The Twitter reaction involves too few googley eyes though.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

his name is cm poop

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

History Comes Inside! posted:

All his best stuff is when he’s not doing some straightforward toughguy mcmuscles character

Even jumanji was pretty ok

Jumanji was great. Jumanji 2 was great too if only because 'the Rock playing Danny DeVito playing a senile old man' was a ton of fun.

I'm still waiting for the final movie of the trilogy, dammit. :argh:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

a dumb moron posted:

We know what happened and who was involved. We’ve known for 24 years. This orange is squeezed to death. There’s no juice. No pulp even. It’s just a pith and some moldy zest.

i assume its for younger/newer fans who weren't alive when wcw was on and/or didn't care. it gives them a chance to hear the story without having to buy an eric bischoff book or watch a 300 video youtube series or whatever.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

his name is cm poop

thats right

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

That DICK! posted:

The Poo Poo Generation is ended. Welcome to the Era of Pee Pee.

poop piss brother

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Happy for Punk

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Happy for Punk

Unironically glad he’s where he belongs instead of loving up the thing I like

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i just noticed the little girl is wearing a Drew McIntyre shirt lol thats so awesome

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

shiksa posted:

the reason the rock is running so late is because the rock was running so late for his previous commitment, it's a vicious cycle, you see, the rock has been getting progressively later for events/shoots/dinner with family since 2002 with no turnaround in sight

This is true

Rock was actually showing up for the previous Mania when he came back

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CM Stink

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ace Steel will bite the child

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So wait is the Who Killed Dubya Cee Dubya thing a WWE thing or is Rock doing it on his own?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wouldnt it necessarily have to be both, since dwayne is on the tko board and wwe owns the rights to all of the wcw archives? like, even if its called an independent project, thats sort of a distinction without a difference.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the rock is doing praxis

https://x.com/aklingus/status/1785318653241770303?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

ryan murphy should make a drama miniseries on the fall of wcw instead

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
gotta find a role for Sarah Paulson first

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

thread title works too bc rock is on so many PEDs hes going thru second puberty like hank did when peggy started dosing him

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

"poop brother HH" but an insta story rather than a tweet

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

he could become the greatest wrestler on planet earth after 3 months in the dragongate dojo

This is how I feel about Top Flight.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

thread title works too bc rock is on so many PEDs hes going thru second puberty like hank did when peggy started dosing him

Oh poo poo he's working on getting those black pubes?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Dimebags Brain posted:

Not an empty quote!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

The funny thing about this isn't that the Rock is a jerk, it's that people are talking about it in public

A screenwriter friend basically told me as much in response to this; he's now lost studios enough money through his own incompetence they're making things public (comprehensive/detailed too!) they previously would only publicly admit to if the talent involved legit committed crimes

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 1, 2024

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

They really would benefit from a month long tour with any of AEW's partners: DDT, NJPW, CMLL....

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Chris James 2 posted:

A screenwriter friend basically told me as much in response to this; he's now lost studios enough money through his own incompetence they're making things public (comprehensive/detailed too!) they previously would only publicly admit to if the talent involved legit committed crimes

https://twitter.com/aklingus/status/1785318653241770303

proletariat

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
dwayne's goon trailer

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

gently caress. I have somehow never made that connection but it's perfect. Down to the "Based on a true story" thing.

It is based on an actual murder, unlike Fargo.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

dwayne's goon trailer

New subforum name

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

It is based on an actual murder, unlike Fargo.

I did feel legitimately uncomfortable when I realized that, because making a comedy out of someone's murder is pretty hosed up, but even if I think it's kind of morally reprehensible it's still a great movie.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Stupid kid, BM Poop was right there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I really enjoyed this week's Raw. Good promos and some fun matches. I think the low point was thebliv Morgan vs Nia jax match, but the ending was decent. The punk/McIntyre stuff is so weird.

There were 2 uncle howdy interruptions and 2 audio glitches that may have been related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMxWPssXBLc
I'm excited to see where that goes. I have no idea about what to expect.

I hope ilja finds great success.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im not really sure the uncle howdy stuff is an angle. bray was obviously a very spooky and spiritual dude and if you listened to the bo dallas "talk is jericho" episode where he discusses bray's knowledge of morlocks you know he had a mastery of the earth. im not so sure these bleeps and bleps arent just his way of saying, "we're here...."

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

There were 2 uncle howdy interruptions and 2 audio glitches that may have been related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMxWPssXBLc
I'm excited to see where that goes. I have no idea about what to expect.

ngl I'm kinda excited to see how this unfolds for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Do you think Uncle Howdy brings back the Mountain Dew Pitch Black match or does he have his own signature flavor-aligned wrestling match?