Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MJeff posted:

So people would make fun of his lovely Vincent Price look instead of going "why the gently caress is this serial rapist coming back."

And it worked.

With his attitude I kept thinking Andrew Ryan...or some other billionaire in a hastily applied Ryan skin-suit

"Is a man not entitled to a 'stache that is trash?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gonz posted:

The Big Daddy is going over Roman at Mania, jack.

Vince is gonna start selling ADAM at the merch stands afterwards.

Bray & the Wyatts come out of the shadows as splicers with Little Sister Alexa & the big glowing needles

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did Ronda request Shayna put enough poo poo on her eyes so she no longer looks as stupid by comparison?

It's like someone with cataracts trying to dress as Black Swan

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Drakkel posted:

That was the period of NXT 2.0 where I'd see it described as "Horny Nickelodeon" but I have no idea if it's still like that because why would I watch the show

I always thought attitude era was like that - got some serious Double Dare flashbacks during those gimmick matches

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Missed Raw live but catching up - anyone pitched Rollins/Nak/Cody as the WHOA-OH Trio yet?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

HHH: Am I loving going over?!?!
Endeavor: Nah

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Lid posted:

that time she walked to the ring, did nothing, and then walked to the back

and then again

and again

and again

and again

Weird place for an Alice in Chains cover but ok

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

gently caress man...he was 6 years younger than me :smith: nobody should die that soon, COVID loving sucks. Hope his family is gonna be ok.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I really liked his return promo where he got to speak as himself, even if that was probably a worked version of himself that was meant to fit in the story about him fighting a dark influence.

This plus regardless of opinion, I really liked the Pitch Black match. The black light makeup they did plus the contacts looked pretty badass & Knight sold it like a little kid seeing the boogeyman in the closet. It was a fun match overall even if it wasn't popular, different but both guys made it work. I'll miss that stuff, not many guys can make gimmicks like that really work & bring you back to your childhood thinking of guys like Jake Roberts or Undertaker.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Feel so bad for Jojo & their kids, drat :smith: couldn't imagine being in that situation, loving heartbreaking

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

beautiful and sad

Watching this now & drat...still can't believe he's gone :smith: best thing though is that nobody had a bad word to say, everyone talking about his laugh, personality, being helpful & kind...we really lost a good, genuine person.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

Thinking about the Miz doing a pitch perfect LA Knight impression because they look the same, then reverting back to the Miz and saying he doesn't need a catchphrase to get over

Then saying that he doesn't say that he's awesome for the crowd to applause him

Feud's dryer than the Mojave Devert, sorry Mike

I kinda want Knight to do some callbacks of Miz when he was on Real World, or even use something like "riding someone's coattails" when he teamed with Flair & other more popular guys. Those were the first 2 things that came to mind when Knight cut his promo about MIz being backseat to Rock/Cena when he was WWE champ.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They re-signed Dlo, Henry Godwin and 2 Cold all around the same time but Dlo was the only one who made tv. I think the others were just signed for developmental territories.

Was that before or after 2 Cold's rebrand to Flash Funk?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Watched the Gable/Gunther match again & holy poo poo...THAT'S the kind of match you want to make a championship feel legitimate. Gunther has been awesome & the pops Gable got were insane, really hope they let him win the IC & continue keeping it the workhorse title.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

MJeff posted:

Embrace Lean

What does sizzurp have to do with anything

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

That DICK! posted:

a cyborg goes to the ancient past to train an ancient cavewoman in the art of cyber-fighting. she is, the american cavewoman jade cargill

Made a fire
In a hole
Re-strung me old wooden bow
Now go out to shoot some food to eat

Flashing light, hurt me eyes
See big scary metal guy
Me run away and hide behind a tree
OHH NOOOO

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

The Bad Guy Bitch Girl is gonna carve you up

THE BEAST FROM THE YEAST

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Stupid detail but did anyone else notice on this past RAW that Miz made a reference to the old movie Stand By Me?

"I don't shut up, I GROW up & when I look at you, I THROW up!!"

No idea why I remembered it but it was a fun detail nonetheless :)

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 6, 2023

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

It could also be a Pee-Wee reference because I’m pretty sure he’s used that before too? And the two had a pretty silly interaction when Pee-Wee guest hosted.

Good point :) I watched Stand By Me recently so it was the first thing that came to mind, still fun to see guys referencing old school media outside wrestling

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Trying posted:

Catholic Man Punk: He turned water into WHAT?! *flings bible into a pile of monitors*

"Saint John, what are you doing?? MY DIET SODA"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Vandar posted:

Genuinely, I think Cody is going to beat Roman, probably at 'mania next year, but like...at this point who cares? He lost to Roman when he should have won and then spent part of the year goofing around with Dom. Who even gives a poo poo anymore?

The whole Roman thing is so far past it's expiration date. It's just...sad, really.

I feel the same...wouldn't have even been bad if they at least kept the story going with Cody/Roman & had him win at a different PPV. Plus to me the UHC feels like the weaker of the two titles, especially when the guy holding it has maybe wrestled like 4-5 times in a year. Hard for a championship to feel meaningful or important when the 'champion' only comes out of hiding to defend it like a Samoan groundhog every few weeks/months.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

This is up there with the old "shreds" videos :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Lid posted:

The problem with TMNT2 is they could not top this scene from the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmpVDeFq1Aw

I remember rewatching this recently & being blown away that Sam Rockwell was the "regular or menthol?" kid

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Being repackaged as Jadealina

Emeraldina

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Caught up on Raw & really liked the Miz/Gunther segment. The Gable/Nakamura match was easily the best of the night though, they really knew how to work everyone & really understand in-ring psychology. Honest opinion, I hope Gable is the one they build to end Gunther's IC streak, he deserves it after all the bangers he's put on.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

oldpainless posted:

This man is wearing 3 gold chains

It's like Banksy took too much LSD & tried to make a David Lee Roth portrait

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Angry dwarf Sami Zayn is good too.

Boy I had no idea how much Logan Paul looked like ELP.

Gunther got that Oompa Loompa vibe

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm pretty convinced HHH legit hates Danielson for some reason and all of the "we need to retrain her" stuff is mostly a shot at him.

Which is even more :lol: because Bryan was trained by HBK when he first started wrestling

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

A newly re-signed Sasha Banks

C'mon, she won't be gone THAT long

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i unironically love boogz and elias and now that there’s no threat of them getting paired with QT i would maybe like to see them in AEW doing funny stuff

Elias was cool when he did the original "Walk With Elias" heel stuff (that was starting to get over before he got hurt/was out) but then they did the stupid Ezekiel crap that was probably Dementia Vinnie's idea

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

They don't like the wrestling and are there for all the in-between parts.

It's like buying Super Bowl tickets just to watch the halftime show

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Adrenaline
In my soul
Christmas Morning Cody Rhodes

Presents here, with fancy bows
Kids are all out of control
Santa left his tracks out in the snow
(HO-HO!)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Carny Asada

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

I mean, they kind of already have. R-Truth is the guy they turn to when there is literally nobody else there, and he's not even interacting with the Romans.

R-Truth has been comedy gold for a long time & I love when he hams it up in all these situations. Him talking to Brock/Heyman before the Royal Rumble was a classic too, plus he kinda 'made' the 24/7 title even if it was a joke belt :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf8Yt3lu1E0

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Alright, maybe not the best place to post this but there's no 'What If' thread so here goes...

What if Chad Gable & Kurt Angle existed in the same timeline? Like, instead of Cena answering the "ruthless aggression" challenge, it's Gable. They have a similar background, both been in the Olympics & are incredibly talented in the ring, almost like it's second nature. After seeing all the matches Gable's been in, especially against Imperium/Gunther, it's insane to think of how well he'd have done in the '90s-'00s era.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

The actual funniest outcome is Cody turning on Dwayne and costing him the match, and joining the Bloodline.

Carwash oval office posted:

after Seth beats him clean on night 1, because the new belt needs a looong title reign to make it important

Don't forget Priest still has the MITB contract, so it could potentially be even funnier - Seth beats Cody, Priest cashes in & wins the belt, Cody gets TWO rubber chickens

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Watch it be a camera recording an empty room :lol:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

shiksa posted:

big poppa phenomenal one

Stylesmath, you have a 33.3% chance of getting a clean drug test

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Anyone else get a weirdly odd vibe from Tiffany Stratton, like her head is too drat boxy/square? At certain angles she reminds me of a Thwomp from the Mario games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Quid posted:

Sounds like something a person who would manipulate a friend into leaving up a podcast in the face of legal threats would say.

“If you’re gonna gently caress with people, don’t be an amateur & leave evidence behind. This way there’s plausible deniability & you can victim-blame to your hearts content.”

What a shithead