Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This thread has been amazing but I'm shocked we haven't had Cody emerging from the Gobbledly Gooker Egg yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eh, generally in the past they would let the babyface win at Mania even if they didn't see them as the top guy. They would just cut the feet out from under them with bad post mania programs that made sure they didn't get over. Going with the heel winning really has been a post Mania 30 thing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I doubt they're gonna cut any big names but I suspect all of the recent rehires like the Good Brother, Jonah/Bronson Reed, Bray, will all end up getting cut soon. Maybe they'll cut Nakamura of the big names still around since they aren't using him

Where things will get interesting is contract renewal time as UFC hates giving people raises and I can see WWE low balling or even just not offering raises or even lower money for talent to stay. Like I 100% think they're gonna low ball Bailey and let her walk

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm sure WWE would make sure Edge & Christian get a wonderful final match in the fed by having them job to *rolls dice* Baron Corbin and Elias

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good Brothers probably will be the first to be released and I'll cackle especially since Karl kinda of kept the Never title hostage for a bit

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince gonna learn how to work remotely so he can make changes to shows even when he isn't there

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Roman is keeping the belt until he gets injured...(and even that's a maybe).

I kinda want to see the Fed do an interim championship just to see everyone that hated on AEW doing it suddenly defending it when the fed does it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

Isn't Bam Bam Bigelow a noticeable absence from the HoF? He main evented a Wrestlemania and he had the best ending in WWF: Wrestlemania The Arcade game. Bam Bam becomes a fire elemental and incinerates the entire arena and everyone in it.

Bigelow's only WWE main event program had him losing to a NFL player and he never really had close to that. Even by WWE's lax Hall of Fame standards that's not really good enough

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Counterpoint, Koko B. Ware is in the Hall of Fame and as much as I liked Koko B. Ware as a kid, he never main evented against any NFL players at Wrestlemania.

The Hall of Fame is a joke because they just randomly throw people in there. Bigelow is an omission I hadn't thought about before, but it is pretty wild that he isn't in there considering some of the other lower-card/middle-card wrestlers who are in there. He had a tattooed head and did cartwheels for god's sake!

Koko has the nostalgia of the 80's WWF working for him while Bam Bam's run was during a very down period in business that people don't have nostalgia for. Also Koko was on Piledriver the album!

Look the WWE hall of fame is a joke and Koko probably shouldn't be in but I see why the WWE put him in. I'm not sure WWe feels the same for Bigelow unless we get a huge nostalgia rush on that era of WWF and I don't see it happening

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They're doing a rematch of Uso's and Zayn/Owens next week on Smackdown so they're not even giving the faces a month before switching the titles back lamo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So does that mean they've official merged the WWE Title with the universal now too? So not only did they create a novelty belt for Cody to lose but also tossed the lineage of their main title in the garbage for the Universal title....Never change WWE

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince cutting time for Women's matches just makes Mercedes even smarter for being a free agent and Tony needs to give her the money

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shard posted:

What is it that nxt does that makes their training so hard on their knees and is it actually needed to learn to be a wrestler or stay in shape to be a wrestler?

Apparently they do a lot of heavy lifting that puts undue pressure on joints especially the ones you take bumps on like shoulders and whelp

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Not saying they're not loving up somehow, but I never heard of heavy lifting increasing chance of injury. In fact I thought strength training reduces the chance. Fitness goons?

Dave was mentioning on WOR that shoulder and knee problems are common for high end body builders for the type of lifting they do cause of stress on joints/high impact nature. It's just not as noticeable cause they're not doing bumps in bodybuilding

And HHH and Vince are 100% marks for high end bodybuilding

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They'll give Roman 3 belts lamo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know it's impossible but I'm willing the finals to be Cody vs Kaito so we can fully cement the belt as the loser belt. We can have the Chicken in Cody's corner and mad fan Lady in Kaito's

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Always wild to think there was a decade of wrestlers who's prime was ignored because Vince was at least a decade behind and TNA was trying to emulate the death of WCW.

For how influential ROH/early 00's Indy wrestling was to the current product it's wild that the only wrestlers to make the WOR hall from that period are AJ and Danielson and unless the Punk comeback doesn't explode I don't see that changing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Don't forget ROH also had the NOAH talent like KENTA and Marufuji who also greatly influenced the indy style which bled over to WWE and AEW

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean if they have Cody go over Brock at NOC clean and not with a roll up but an actual dominant victory than yeah it's good booking but WWE gonna 50/50 book this

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also medical science, training, and drugs are a lot more advanced now than in the 80's/90's so a wrestler can still be in decent shape and perform great in the ring at a much older age

But yeah you do want to be pushing younger talent as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness which rocked cause it was as close to Evil Dead as a Marvel Movie can get

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Peacock feels like it's definitely gonna be the first of the big streaming services to die once people want to see actual money being made

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah the great thing about Okada's god reign is every finish was not only clean but also made the other guy strong and left you thinking "If they only did this than they would of been able to beat Okada"

Roman's reign is just some variation of ref bump spot/interference leading to a visual pin before Roman wins the same way

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also I've been wrong about every prediction I've made about Smackdown on Fox but....given the numbers it pulls and the demo and the costs I think either Fox caves cause nothing could replace the numbers Smackdown does or it just doesn't renew cause the overall Fox Network is gonna be cut to the bone.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Unless rights deals collapse completely I think the WWE gets a raise, especially from USA. Of course rights deals may end up collapsing what with streaming in flux and cable/broadcast TV dying

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fox does have a feel like it's just giving up and slowly dying as a network/media company so I can see them just passing on big rights and just ridding cheap reality shows till they are completely dead. I really get the feeling they're going to be out on the next NFL rights deal

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Drakkel posted:

It's kinda wild that we're in a time where network/cable television is slowly dying but at the same time streaming, the thing that was supposed to replace it, feels like a bubble that's about to burst any minute now. There's like no security either way anymore.

Checks out for tech replacements *eyes Uber*

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing Nick is just saying whatever to try and pump up future rights deals but taking Raw off Mondays would be a horribly dumb decision given that outside of Football season Monday is the easiest night on TV just cause everyone else as abandoned it cause of football

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So is that Karl Frederick's as the wish.com Shingo or is it someone else?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Roman only working 10 dates over the summer and they still keep the belt on him lamo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Today I learned from Behind the Bastards that Pat Patterson is a child molester and Vince didn’t care.

If that's the Ring Boy scandal stuff for Pat than the accusations against Pat have been mostly discredited and it's generally believed he wasn't involved. Pat's probably guilty of a lot of bad stuff but is innocent here

Vince otoh did ignore the ring boy scandal and rehired Mel Philips even though he knew Mel was involved in it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

After the Dom feud and losing to Brock at Summeslam we'll get...rolls dice...A Cody/Corbin feud that Cody loses

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I would hope that someone in charge watches a bit of wrestling to not fall for their traps or at least pay attention to analytics to show that these peoples are not worth the significant rise in payment that WWE is arguing for.

TV execs care about numbers more than quality especially with TV dying. WWE is getting a raise even if Fox decides to not keep Smackdown

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE creates another world title except the belt is just Cody's tattoo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean UFC belts are kinda of already corporate logo belts they're just mostly bland looking corporate belts instead of being ugly

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

lol holy poo poo.

He's genuinely gonna defend that loving belt twice this year, isn't he./

He's gonna have less title defenses than the guy who's gimmick is that he doesn't want to do title defenses

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Man, remember that Survivor Series when he just beat Big E and didn't even need interference to do it.

The crazy thing is if you were a reasonable booker you had a chance to build up a star and not have Roman lose his belt and also set up a future PPV title match where Roman can get the win back and they didn't do it. Just mind numbingly stupid

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

LA Knight feels like he's Fandago over but why not run with it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While there is some crossover and media is way more friendly to wrestling than in the past just by the nature of the current market and the fragmentation it's hard to make a huge crossover star on the level of a Hogan, Austin, Rock, Santo, Inoki, and Baba. And it's not like wrestling needs one, it just needs a star strong enough to keep it's current audience from falling cause it produces better numbers than most things on TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The eyepatch wolf video going from Roman's cancer is back to covid/heel turn but not even mentioning Moxley leaving is an amazing omission and had to stop watching but than what do you expect from somebody that missed a wide open net on a what went wrong with Bleach video