Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Please God let this culminate in Brandi coming out and cutting a promo on Heyman where she's the heel for completely inexplicable reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

If there's chicken references from the crowd on Monday I'm sticking a fork in Cody, he done.

This might be too funny to go away.

Somewhere Vince is cracking a whip at the costume department to get a Stardust-themed chicken suit ready for Cody to wear on Smackdown

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when Bray Wyatt came back to spend like 6 months building up to a Mountain Dew commercial and then just noped the gently caress out the instant Vince came back

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Realistically though what would an Edge/Christian tag run look like in 2024/25? What are they gonna do, wrestle the Usos and like....Maximum Male Models??

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's rad that the only thing we'll remember a few years from now of cody's triumphant return home will be the codyvator getting stuck, his broken titty and a rubber chicken dunking on him after he jobbed out at wrestlemania

Not that's not entirely fair. There's also the time Brock Lesnar buried him for like 10 straight minutes after making him look like the worlds biggest idiot.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

To be fair when has Vince ever given a poo poo about Smackdown?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Did Louis just invest in Logan's latest crypto scam or whatever or is he just completely out of it?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

lol theyre booking La Knight to win MITB because that blue chipper needs the push

So look forward to LA Knight losing about 900 matches in a row after getting the briefcase

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

They look like a promo image for a Nickelodeon show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

This looks like a custom title you'd find on 2k23

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Making a whole third world title as a consolation price for all the big idiot losers who can't beat Roman only to have Roman swoop in and win it anyway is the funniest possible option so I hope it happens

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

In kayfabe why wouldn't a brand just draft as many factions/tag teams as possible since you're getting like 2 to 5 people per draft pick?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

yup, the modern day Beverley Brothers

Which is wild cause one of the Beverly Brother's sons is in NXT but it's Von Wagner

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Why is Priest called the Archer of Infamy anyway?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Impact tried to do something like that but it was mostly pretty mediocre. Callis doing Edge's original gimmick is pretty fun though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hMl_6LXtwg

did Disco Inferno sue them for stealing his Bill Ding gimmick idea?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What's not interesting as such but sad and a bit funny is how the guy keeps going "back then WWE didn't care what fans wanted", "emblematic of a time when Vince McMahon just did what he wanted", "pushing Roman Reigns down everyone's throats" etc and I'm sitting here wondering about the past tense. Because from where I'm sitting they are extremely and very much STILL doing all those things.

Lotta people have convinced themselves that HHH has completely changed every facet of the company overnight despite the facts that A) a lotta their worst practices are poo poo he'd have no control over anyway, B) Most of Vince's biggest stooges are still in the same positions doing the same poo poo as always or were replaced by guys like Road Dogg which is a lateral move at best, C) Vince is the guy who taught HHH everything he knows about running creative and D) Vince is still in charge and actively loving with everything anyway

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

To be fair WWE often has an internal list of "top babyfaces and heels" that you would never guess just by watching the actual show on tv. I'd heard recently they considered Karrion Kross the #2 Heel on Smackdown???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Who would they put in the hall of fame in exchange like the Nakamura/Muta match? Christian? Orange Cassidy?

E:
lol@paul

It's amazing that they introduced this belt and everyone called it a participation trophy for all the big dumb idiot babies who can't beat Roman and then WWE just immediately leans into it thus making it true

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I mean AEW uses Pillars to refer to people who the future of the company will be build around so naturally WWE's four pillars are Roman Reigns, Ro Manreigns, Roma N. Reigns, and R. Reigns

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

Well yea, typically companies want to make money, so going all in on one old person to prop the company up for the next decade is kind of a dumb move.

You'd think that's such a sensible take that major wrestling companies would stop doing that but here we are

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

that part is fine. it's more about their talent scouting system not being interested in anyone under 35.

To be fair they'll gladly sign younger people they just need to send them down to the world class PC to make sure they have the brittle knees of a 35 year old by the time they hit the main roster

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Can't wait til they have to introduce a third set of tag belts cause the Bloodline just keeps vacuuming up all the actual titles

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It feels like when you're playing the 2K games and you try to do a cool combo but keep having to stop and reposition cause the timing/animation doesn't really flow together

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

He needs to do some sort of knee strike on the apron, then do the flip

What NXT really needs is even more knee destruction

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

getting an email from your boss telling you what to tweet is the weirdest poo poo, I'd just close my twitter account

The far darker option is WWE has access to all their wrestlers twitter accounts and just spams them all out automatically which probably wouldn't shock me at this point

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

I just really want a situation where WWE fucks around and finds out and for the first time in a decade, they actually have to convince people to spend 50 dollars on their PPVs once a month.

"Surely THIS is the year WWE stops failing upward!" we say, as they continue to get handed a trillion dollars for no conceivable reason

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

Scarlett Bordeaux should learn slight-of-hand magic. it looks like she might have been trying a Snap Change but was just a lazy wipe instead. slight of hand in wrestling would bring the fans back I think

I vaguely remember Phantasio, the slight of hand magician character who showed up during the new gen era, wrestled a single tv match that he won, and was then never mentioned again

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

4.25 for Roman/Jey, gently caress off, Dave. That match was a dud at best.

I feel like Dave grades WWE matches on a curve, so 4.25 Stars is him saying 'This is almost the best match you can get from WWE" and you can fill in the blanks from there

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It'd be pretty amazing if Smackdown loses it's tv deal because Nick tried to Big Dick the network and they just went "No."

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's kinda wild that we're in a time where network/cable television is slowly dying but at the same time streaming, the thing that was supposed to replace it, feels like a bubble that's about to burst any minute now. There's like no security either way anymore.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember that one time WWE had a rule for like one week where if the non-legal man laid hands on their opponents for any reason it was an instant DQ no matter what

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Honestly even men's tag wrestling is still recovering from decades of WWE/WCW booking so Women's Tag Wrestling is starting even further back than that

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The fact that Youtube just lets people upload multi-hour long videos as "ads" is kind of insane but also completely unsurprising of Youtube at this point

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jiro posted:

No I meant like before after they paired him up with Mansoor or some dumb poo poo like that. He should have left a long rear end time ago. It's actually kinda surprising he wasn't fired during Thunderdome era.

Keep in mind Ali had already asked to be released so WWE naturally refused to fire him because everything they do has to be as petty and spiteful as possible

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

How does this keep happening

I mean the booker is the guy whose logo is an iron cross soooo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Did HHH rename Butch to Pete Dunne yet?

Excuse me they're only on Year 1 of the 7-Year Plan to explain Butch's transition back to Pete Dunne, this is Long Term Storytelling

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Corbin's knees were looking a little too healthy for a main roster superstar

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

Everyone always thinks they're the exception to the rule until it happens to them in the WWE and nobody's learning that lesson harder than Cody but also, lol at all the people Triple H started bringing back and pushing getting sent back to NXT. I just wonder when the firing spree will take place and we can see people get fired for a third, fourth time in under 8 years because of budget cuts

Can't wait for that CYN revival this fall

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

THAT'll put some butts in seats...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

So they reveal the new belt, call it the WWE Universal Championship for a while, then they'll drop Universal and it'll just go back to being the WWE Championship then in about five years they'll unify the WWE Championship with the World Heavyweight Championship....

And that'll mark the halfway point in the journey of Butch turning back into Pete Dunne