Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Goldmined the minute after I posted it the first time, so I'll post it again here

So if they're merging to form a new company and it's not an actual sale/asset purchase, doesn't that mean all contracts would have to be renegotiated under the new name? (Unless there's language in the contracts that it automatically transfers...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Okay, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to start getting the syllables right on these song parodies.

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
L-M-A-O
CODY RHODES

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Last thread was goldmined too early lmao

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Now, does WWE lean into it at this point? Have Cody bring a rubber chicken to the ring and start talking to it?

No because it would be something getting over organically

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Cody even got namedropped for Tony's announcement that AEW's doing All In at Wembley this summer :rubby:

MJeff posted:

btw, can we all just step back here and appreciate that in the past week, AEW has shown Cody Rhodes more respect than the company he actually works for.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol what?? Cuts are going to be office-focused, not talent.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

Endeavor won't be shy about letting people go. They let their Heavyweight Champion walk.

That goes back to my original question that got lost in the memes:

Dango Bango posted:

So if they're merging to form a new company and it's not an actual sale/asset purchase, doesn't that mean all contracts would have to be renegotiated under the new name? (Unless there's language in the contracts that it automatically transfers...)

If that's the case, I can totally see a talent exodus.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Like ECW with the fans throwing chairs into the ring but it's rubber chickens.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why did someone even bring a rubber chicken lol

Long-term storytelling

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vince really, really hates the territories, huh?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

No, but seriously. He's not a draw. Why all the concessions and mega push?

"Notice me Rocky"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol I didn't realize I still had Twitch notifications and/or was following Austin Creed's channel. He's back streaming Da Party playing Uno! Ha

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

I assume he was relaying instructions from the truck.

In which case we finally know who to credit for saving the segment. Thank you, Kevin Dunn!

No relaying. If you had one shot, one opportunity...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Does the jacket color photoshop mean he's headed to the Gold and Black brand?!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

But the whole roster would never become free agents, right? ....Right?

Just...lmao if Logan Paul is one of the first signed under the new operating entity.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

If any of you listen to the Behind the Bastards podcast, they are working on an episode about Vince.

Probably nothing we have not heard of before but the delivery and the response from someone who has never heard it before will be worth it.

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480?s=20

Oh my God this is a dream episode.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Someone send him the New York 64

Also this (I don't have Twitter) because while Robert is familiar with pro wrestling, there's SO MUCH about Vince that doesn't get talked about that's incredibly heinous. And the 64 is a good spot to see it all laid out.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Uh, they're selling it that way because it's not a throat spike, guys, it's clearly a neck crank.

Wow in the WWE thread of all places :golfclap:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Optimist with doubt posted:

Vince couldnt pick Gargano out of a line up if a billion dollars in hush money was on the line

That's because he'd be fixated on everyone over the 6' line

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm not clicking this dude's link, but I assume this is all based on Dave and Bryan's speculation on WOR last night?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

It's basically just "They're doing Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia, the gimmick at Night of Champions is every championship gets defended, Sami isn't allowed in Saudi Arabia, Kevin refuses to go, so they might lose the titles before that show." No mention of Bryan or Dave.

Got it. That was exactly what Dave and Bryan were talking about on WOR. But it's such an obvious issue that making the same points is most likely coincidence.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao all those piped in boos then they cut to people in the crowd cheering.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cody getting that Wardlow treatment :eyepop:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, the main difference Twitch wise is we probably won't see Creed or Breeze doing anything with Cole or Claudio any more.

They've already done a Da Party stream with Creed back on Twitch.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I did not realize the Merch Freak used "pape" so long ago :aaa:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Braun's steroids ran out like Bane's venom

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Wonder if HHH actually had to ask permission from Vince to talk to Punk, or if he just used that as excuse to not have to talk to Punk and knew it'd sound believable because Vince is an insane control freak

Lmao this is probably right because it totally fits HHH's passive aggressive MO.

Either that or "the big guy" he called was Kevin Nash again :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What's the Starbucks gift card reference?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

FTR bald talked on his podcast about how Punk is a good dude because he bought the AEW women's locker room Starbucks gift cards and all the guys in the Pinnacle Starbucks cards. The Pinnacle ones were 500 each. It's a really goofy story but I guess a nice thing to do. Kind of try hard.

lmao thank you for explaining. I would never listen to FTR Bald's podcast

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Weren't WWE stans *just* complaining about Vikingo and Komander's stuff looking too contrived because of setup?

:lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NXT claims another knee

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because he's giving up 6 inches and like 50 lbs and Bradshaw probably hadn't exposed as the fake tough guy that he is

Brawl For All was in 1998 though?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think getting ktfo by joey styles was afterwards though

Oh yeah I had forgotten about Styles.

I just love the Brawl For All was set up specifically to own JBL.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

….no? they wanted to get Dr Death over as a legit tough guy and then he got KO’ed by Bart Gunn

Yes that was the other part of it, but Vince Russo created Brawl For All in order to watch JBL get knocked out

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao crowd is absolutely silent. This dude got a massive wedgie for nothing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HHH just keeps coming out on Raw unveiling new belts because Roman keeps winning them

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's kinda funny to me that HHH got the belts aligned the same as during his reign of terror.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Just call him Bruiser............

You got a lot of nerve to come into this company and call yourself "Bruiser"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Why not bring back Filthy Animals instead of LWO?

Rey would have to unmask

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What do you mean? It's going to be played like "lol look at these losers. Striking is for LOSERS"

e: right as I hit post I realized I missed your sarcasm :doh: I'll leave it for posterity though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God the piped-in, hair dryer crowd noise is so bad.