Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does Vince have all the power still or did some shmuck CEO get the reigns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’ve been shoving Roman down everyone’s throat for like a decade now. They weren’t gonna give it up to fuckin Cody Rhodes. The only person they might give it to is Brock or Cena. They’ve booked themselves into a hole but Vince doesn’t give a poo poo and neither does WWEs stupidass fan base.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

My brother in christ he lost one match, the main event of a massively successful show. The Rock lost to a heel at Wrestlemania. Kenny Omega lost to Okada like 2 times in a row. The first time was at Wrestle Kingdom! Nobody threw a chicken i’ll give you that one.

Look at his previous run with WWE. Vince does not like Cody. He was doing good stuff with the dreck he was given and he still got humiliated over and over.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Or they’ll get drafted and still show up on each show cause who could possibly give a gently caress?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s mostly cause Dwayne went off to be a Hollywood actor and Vince resents him for it. So he found himself Wish Dwayne Johnson and hasn’t looked back.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Has any WWE side project actually succeeded?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cody is never beating Roman cause he has a lisp. Vince hates lisps.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They piss off the entire locker room weekly. It would be more shocking to make everyone happy instead.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry Sheamus already played human rocksteady.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is she still Wish Lady Gaga?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Of course not, there’s been like three active guys on the roster to beat Brock and it ain’t the one with a bad neck tattoo and lisp.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

“Lesnar nowhere to be seen” is Brock’s normal state with WWE.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Untrue, Wardlow actually won a title.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe the wrestlers could form some kind of a chain or buckle or something that they then can use to tell their “employer” to gently caress off. Some form of bargaining if you will.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Brock should request a tag team. He would have to work less that way.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s not gonna be Cody’s belt because it’s not the cruiserweight belt.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Smackdown was always the show for the old fogies who don’t wanna wrestle as much so he’ll stay there I’m sure.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That and to micromanage people more. Win win for management.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I bet it would be cheaper in the long run to just give their wrestlers health insurance instead of paying for procedures outright.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well that’s the problem they just need to do more steroids.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if NXT makes them any money. They never make any stars from it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s never been about making money it’s about stopping other people from making money

Like who?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Looks to me like they just drafted the same roster they’ve been using on each brand. So good booking I guess?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Like seriously isn’t it the same rosters they had before the draft?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s part time now cause he needs some time to build the Rikishi rear end.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know how you can watch this lovely product and believe for a second Cody was going to do anything meaningful. He left WWE because they didn’t have anything for him and at least they’re probably paying him more this time but they still ain’t gonna do poo poo with him. They do that to everyone not named Cena or Roman Reigns. I can’t even give you the benefit of the doubt cause they have literally done the same thing for 2 decades or more.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well yea, typically companies want to make money, so going all in on one old person to prop the company up for the next decade is kind of a dumb move.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The fuckin jet lag going to Saudi and coming back right away must be complete hell.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t get it, and still what?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So life’s not fair and still satan? Reads like poo poo, par for the course though.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ali wanted out so they sure as poo poo weren’t going to let him leave out of spite.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Booker isn’t the only one.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’d love them to do that with like Brock or someone that actually does a full schedule.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I make fun of Roman because he’s had a silver spoon shoved up his rear end the whole time he’s been in the WWE and everyone pretends he worked for it. He has a good look but like nothing else and there’s plenty of other people on the roster they could make butt loads of money off of but they just don’t.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine just wrecking your body for subpar pay and zero chance at becoming popular.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

bartok posted:

in America we believe we are just one step away from being popular millionaires

They’re closer than most but due to an insane old man they’ll never be given a chance.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder who told him that mustache looks good?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Rand and Perrin are so vanilla the dark one couldn’t touch them even if he wanted to.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Nobody cares about pro wrestling, which is why they get away with treating their independent contractors as employees. Not to mention everything else Vince is responsible for since taking over the industry. Nobody has ever made one single stink about WWE being a monopoly for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s what WWE does. Spend 2 and half hours talking and 15 minutes of wrestling. I just assume anyone actually watching live just uses it as background noise cause no sane person would be engaged by it.