Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Thank you, Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I wished to see Vince's reaction to these chicken memes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The first five for Sami, Kevin, Usos and Drew. The second for Sheamus. The sixth for Gunther (fifth in WWE making him the sole leader ahead of Gargano with four)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Alaois posted:

What was Sheamus' first 5 star match? I assume it was an earlier one with Walter

yeah

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Don't call Vince a rubber chicken.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Wait, no, you can call him anything you want.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
How many retired world champions aren't in HOF?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Now that you mention it, Cody looks exactly like my flaccid penis. Tattoo and all.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

forkboy84 posted:

Having bleached blonde hair on the tip of your penis is not normal & probably unhealthy

It's ok, I'm not Jewish.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Polka Dot Belt

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Could be a planned media stunt to generate headlines.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dusty didn't win this new belt either, but I bet he always wanted to do it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Punk apologized and The Bucks said: "We forgive you... if you go to shake Triple H's hand!"

And the madman actually did it!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Vince McMahon, WWE Sued by Ex-Writer Over ‘Racist’ Scene Scripts

quote:

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., Vince McMahon, and other executives allegedly discriminated and retaliated against a Black female writer for objecting to “offensively racist and stereotypical jargon” used in the scripts of Black wrestlers including Bianca Belair and Apollo Crews, according to a new lawsuit.

Britney Abrahams’ multiple complaints were ignored, and she was pretextually terminated for taking home a WrestleMania-branded chair, according to the complaint filed in the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York on Monday.

McMahon reinstated himself to the WWE’s board in January and in faces ongoing litigation stemming from his alleged rape and sexually assault of employees. The WWE recently announced it plans to merge with the UFC, which would create a $21.4 billion enterprise.

Abrahams began writing for WWE SmackDown! and WWE Monday Night RAW in 2020, according to the complaint. She complained of racial and gender stereotypes in scripts, including ones instructing Belair to say “Uh-Uh! Don’t make me take off my earrings and beat your rear end! " and Crews to speak with a “stereotypical and exaggerated Nigerian accent,” but was rebuffed, she said.

WWE didn’t immediately respond to Bloomberg Law’s request for comment.

‘Harmful Stereotypes’
She was allegedly subject to a number of racist pitches after complaining. On a Slack thread that McMahon and his daughter Stephanie McMahon were included on, other writers suggested a Black male wrestler should dress in drag. Only when a White writer noted that doing so could “perpetuate harmful stereotypes that would offend viewers” was the pitch scrapped, she said.

On another occasion, a writer allegedly proposed that a Muslim’s wrestler’s secret in a script be that he was “behind the 9/11 attacks.”

Abrahams and other writers complained about the comments, to which Vice President Christine Lubrano allegedly responded, “Wacky things are said in the writer’s room all the time!” and “I know but look at the waves we’re making in the company. 4 years ago, no woman worked on the writer’s team!”

Abrahams continued to opposed racist, sexist pitches, she said, and was fired in retaliation in April 2022. WWE fired her for taking with her a WrestleMania 38 branded chair, but the practice was allegedly a common practice that White male writers weren’t punished for.

She is seeking reinstatement, damages, declaratory judgment, and an injunction restraining defendants from engaging in such unlawful conduct.
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/vince-mcmahon-wwe-sued-by-ex-writer-over-racist-scene-scripts

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Pretty wide definition

wikipedia posted:

The federal government defines the term AAPI to include "all people of Asian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander ancestry who trace their origins to the countries, states, jurisdictions and/or the diasporic communities of these geographic regions."

Now after that's sorted, let's move on.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Draft is a draw
https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1653131375615025168?s=20

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Behind the Bastards Vince McMahon episode 1 (of 6!) is out.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I mean why is Brock angry at Cody and want to fight him?

Cody pinned him with a roll-up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Maigius posted:

I mean we have proof from the ECW that cucking is also a Heyman trademark.

Wasn't Miro/Lana/Lashley mostly Heyman?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Triple H is so cool.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I read the show recap on f4wonline. The new world title match was literally the opener, just in case anyone thought they were going to treat it as equal to Roman’s titles. Also, Cody has a metal arm now so he really is Luger 2.0.

Hey now, they said it was one of the three main events.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shard posted:

It shows you what WWE thinks of tap outs. If you tap out you are a little cry baby. Real men pass out.

That's relatively universal wrestling thing.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cody will finish the story and the story is dethroning of Triple H.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
We can always declare Cody's title reign to be a failure after one week and keep moaning about it from there on.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Original airing of a show*

We dunno how reruns of Law and Order compare

The top episode did about the same as NXT on the latest week posted here:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-200-cable-reruns-week-ending-26th_01243089880.html

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 12, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's funny how LA Knight got over by being in a Bray Wyatt feud, which led to kids paying attention to him and liking what they heard.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The Khans will buy Wembley to prevent WWE running there.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I do have to say, that it's nice, that there's a bit more young people watching wrestling again.

Most will disappear in 1-5 years, but a handful of them will eventually become sophisticated wrestling appreciators.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

projecthalaxy posted:

This Sunday at 8/7C on ABC, WWE is doing an episode of Family Feud. Will it be funny? I dont know.

"We asked 100 people to name a current pro wrestler..." would get some amusing results.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
They removed his spine.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's right, women's match of the year contender.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

quote:

The dueling chant was "let's go Corbin" "they both suck"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
WWE's consumer product revenue for Jan-Jun 2023 was 67 million dollars.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
One more!

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1687531187349442560?s=20

It was actually Psycho Clown

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Don't forget Kid Rock!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Kind of curious to see what crazy spot those two will do.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

D.N. Nation posted:

aha

ahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROMAN/JEY WAS THE LONGEST MATCH IN SUMMERSLAM HISTORY

LONGER THAN WWE VS. NEXUS

LONGER THAN BRET VS. OWEN

Somehow when Tony Khan decides to do a long match, it's always a total banger, but in WWE it's usually a snoozefest.

-All longer than 36 minutes matches in TK-multiverse (multiman clusterfucks not included)

::: Matchguide Rating: 8.91 based on 410 votes. :: WON: ****1/2 ::::
Lights Out Match
Jon Moxley defeats Kenny Omega (38:46)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.55 based on 638 votes. :: WON: ***** ::::
AEW World Title Match
Adam Page (c) vs. Bryan Danielson - Time Limit Draw (60:00)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 8.63 based on 457 votes. :: WON: ****1/4 ::::
Singles Match
MJF defeats CM Punk (38:09)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.42 based on 442 votes. :: WON: ***** ::::
ROH World Tag Team Title Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) (c) defeat The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) [2:1] (43:26)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.62 based on 808 votes. :: WON: *****3/4 ::::
AEW World Title 60 Minute Iron Man Match
MJF (c) defeats Bryan Danielson [4:3] (65:15)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.59 based on 920 votes. :: WON: ****** ::::
IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match
Will Ospreay (w/Don Callis) defeats Kenny Omega (c) (39:50) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

:::: Matchguide Rating: 9.46 based on 498 votes. :: WON: *****1/4 ::::
AEW World Tag Team Title Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) (c) defeat Bullet Club Gold (Jay White & Juice Robinson) [2:1] (58:03)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Did Logan and 'Chet go viral?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The Tribal Cheeks