Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Charly Caruso joined Alt-Right Sports

https://twitter.com/charlyontv/status/1648364870851522561?s=46&t=8273Ur5gqnx9UDbflKnZww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

https://twitter.com/reigns_era/status/1649575128462774272?s=20

I think Viking Guy is at fault for stumbling back instead of stepping forward into position, though that doesn't explain why Braun ate poo poo on his way out of the ring

Ricochet should be doing the work there, but Braun tried to literally throw him instead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha they created a new belt just to avoid putting Cody over Roman

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It would be extremely HHH to say “sure let me clear it with the big guy” and then tell Vince to tell someone to get Punk out of there so he can both get him out and say “sorry, wasn’t my call”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure the bringing people back into the office thing is to get them to quit so they have less firing to do, right?

Yep, it’s a soft layoff. They’re trying to get the numbers down to decrease severance payouts and negative press.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

I bet it would be cheaper in the long run to just give their wrestlers health insurance instead of paying for procedures outright.

If they did that, the talent would have even more of a case in a lawsuit against being contractors and any other non-wrestler contractor they have would have a discrimination case if they weren’t also offered health insurance.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

For the longest time, I thought Outkick was a pro-LGBT outlet and I was always shocked when I saw something awful coming out of it instead.

I think I was confusing it with some other outlet that started with Out.

Out Sports is probably what you're thinking of.

Outkick is Sports For Racists.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Logan Paul is going to win MITB and then beat Seth Rollins for the title at Summerslam and then disappear with the belt until like January. This is WWE, so the dumbest thing possible would be to create a new belt since Roman has the other one all tied up, then almost immediately put it on a guy who will also tie it up, just to set up a big Wrestlemania match between Roman and Logan Paul where Roman ends up with all three belts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Congrats to Smackdown for being #1 in the summer during a writer’s strike

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God I would give anything to see Chad Gable in AEW

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

handwritten lawsuit is still better than Riddle's attorney printing poo poo out on CD label paper

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

1) Mocked a fan with Downs Syndrome, which is something even the biggest heels tend to avoid.

She was practicing in a mirror?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol Tony bought all the Jags belts

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Based on how the cuts went around the pandemic, I've kind of had this gut feeling that one or both of KO/Sami could be on the block if they have to cut significant costs. Fairly recent new contracts, absurd amounts from what we've heard, Sami kind of feels like he's peaked in WWE in terms of overness. And if you're looking at the high salary guys, I feel like Vince would have the least attachment to them. They feel right in the Braun/Bray surprise cut wheelhouse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dolph is a tool but I'd be lying to say I'm not a little curious to see what he could do in AEW.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My favorite Riddle memory is when his lawyer printed out a press release on CD label paper

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ll laugh if they send her to Orlando and a bunch of fat old men sit her down to tell her how to get into peak physical condition.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pillman Jr. has a story that makes you really want to cheer for him and a personality that makes you want him to go away forever

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jade loving rules and on paper she should be perfect in WWE, but it's inevitable that Dunn or Hayes complains to Vince that she's too muscular and then the wheels fall off entirely. And she seems 100% like someone who Charlotte would politic against backstage. I hope she gets the booking she deserves but everything about the internal workings of WWE when Vince is involved makes me think this is going to fall very hard eventually.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bianca is black and jacked and she beat Becky clean for the women's title and held it a long time. I read that her reign wasn't considered great and I will never argue against Vince's racism or sexism but there's at least a precedent now

My biggest concern for Jade is that she'll just be treated like Bianca 2

Has a pretty good run with Vince gone, drops the belt a little while after he gets heavily involved in tv again. Wins the belt again only to drop it on a cash in 90 seconds later. Takes extended leave of absence.

I mean, it could be a coincidence. Or it could be usual Vince bullshit.

WWE loves to gently caress with people. Especially people of color. They get off on making people do dumb poo poo just to prove they have power.

Jade is an incredibly strong black woman whose partner made over $100 mil playing baseball. She doesn’t have to take even the smallest amount of poo poo and she’s in a company that loves giving tons of poo poo just because it can.

I really hope it works out but I have like 2% reason to think it will.

Also, the worst thing you can do if you’re a WWE talent who wants to do movies is say that you want to do movies because now they won’t let you do poo poo and they’ll bury you because they’re afraid you’ll pull a Rock/Cena.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Is this another Search Engine Optimization thing?
"McGriddle"
Did you mean to search 'McRiddle'?

It’s a “dumb old man think it’s funny because food” thing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah I’ve only seen bits and pieces but the story seems to explicitly be that no one trusts or likes Jey because of all he did with the Bloodline. Sammy and Cody are just the guys who have been willing to forgive and give him a second chance.

Which will end with him costing Cody against Roman at mania because WWE

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What happened to the woman that would come out in pajamas and try to take a nap and if anyone tried to wake her up she’d flip out and wrestle them?

Tamina?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Jesus Christ resurrected mid-Raw, they’d call him Cooper Pierce or something

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

It sure is a look

He looks like a divorced mom who talks about how she hosed Bret Michaels back in the 80s.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Through no fault of her own, Jade Cargill has no idea what she’s doing,” says man who rehired Nia Jax.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol for as much as he hates HHH, they really are the exact same loving person (nazi fetishism aside)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE Cody will forever be Charlie Brown kicking the football and it’s hilarious that he ever thought it would be any different

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She also did it right before the holidays and most private practices shut down for at least a few days

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The keyword is “private”

Plus she’s obviously going to see James Andrews and anything is going to be slower if you’re waiting for the most in demand surgeon in the entire country.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pseudodragon posted:

Does he still personally do surgeries? I don't know if I'd want an 80 year old dude working the knife even if he's the undisputed GOAT.

I think he rarely performs it himself these days, if at all, but he generally consults on all of them since it's his practice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is drake maverick currently hired or fired I can’t remember where the last round of flip-flopping on him landed

Hired as a writer

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is 10 year old me slamming a raft into our pool

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’ll gently caress small/medium business while large corporations pay for protections from it, so yea.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Watching raw for the first time in ages since I’m in a hotel and their internet is down.

Sarah Logan looks loving ridiculous lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Executive #2 probably has to be Canyon Ceman, no?

E: or Mark Carrano, I guess

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vince’s texts are like someone fed all of Trump’s tweets to an AI and told it to write erotica

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Slim Jim is back in for tonight

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

So far Naomi is back. She seemed pretty happy about it.

Her music hit and absolutely nobody in that building gave a poo poo at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seams posted:

i mean everybody has certain lines they wont cross and people here tapped out on watching wwe sooner or later than others but i gotta wonder what the fed has to do at this point to make some people stop watching.

I’m only watching this because my neighbor and his 7 year old were already planning to come over for it and I’m not gonna sit here and explain to a 7 year old the reasons he shouldn’t be watching this thing he’s been asking me to come watch since Christmas.