Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

MJeff posted:

Okay, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to start getting the syllables right on these song parodies.

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
WHAT ARE YOU, CAPTAIN OF THE SONG POLICE? I'LL PUT WHATEVER SYLLABLES IN HERE I FEEL LIKE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
CODY RHODES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Can't believe they wanted apollo crews to do booker t doing forest whitaker doing idi amin

It's absolutely ridiculous. Just imagine Apollo doing an exaggerated Nigerian accent on TV. The outrage surely would have been enough to bring the company down.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Didn't she also wrestle while impaired, leading to Arn Anderson's firing, or am I thinking of someone else?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Gavok posted:

I thought this week was when they do their stockholder press conference dealy (followed by the expected roster culling), but I guess WWE pulled it back to after the next PPV.

I could have sworn it was the other way around. That they did all the firings first so they could go into the meeting talking about all the reductions in their operating expenses.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That's a cobra on Lacey's hat. I can only assume Vince is still mad at Sgt. Slaughter for getting the G.I. Joe deal without involving him.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

this all started with Black Adam, which in hindsight looks slightly better since there's going to be a ton of high budget flops this summer

It goes back before that, to when he bought the XFL. There was no way up after that.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Or they could just not move the Smackdown Women's Champion to Raw.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Disco knows what fed stans crave.

Seems like only yesterday when I was watching the Smackdown hype videos for a debuting wrestler named "Hirohito".

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Foxfire_ posted:

He's already wealthy enough to never really need to work again and doesn't seem to be prone to terrible Nick Cage-style financial decisions.

The man bought the XFL.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Of all the people to force a name change on, the high value poach you just made from your biggest competitor is an incredibly WWE choice.

Surely the better play is to just let her keep using her real name to make it as obvious as possible that she jumped ship?

WWE can't own her real name in perpetuity, so of course they won't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
They're totally going to try to roll Cody, Jade, and BPJ into an "invasion" faction, aren't they?