Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm very proud that in all of this chicken nonsense, not one person on these dead comedy forums has used the word ***cock***.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Davros1 posted:

Apparently he and his wife are heavily involved in charities, so he'll do all those films, often filming for just a day or two, and then give his pay to one of the charities they're involved with.

Roberts feels like one of those guys also making up for the dumb poo poo he did when he was younger.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think it was the guy who made either The Shield or The Wire, who had Obama's Attorney General, Eric Holder,.say something like "you need to keep on making more seasons of that show", and he replied with something like "how about you fix the broken legal system and address the injustices and corruption in police departments across the country first"

It was David Simon about The Wire, but it could have gone either way.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

He looks like Andrew Ryan.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Are WWE writers considered union?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

You might be thinking of ZSJ, not Ospreay, though Will's politics seem to have improved over time (he was known as Billy Brexit for awhile).

What was that quote about "You're dumb and I know Will Ospreay?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The difference between how the Judgment Day and the Bang Bang Gang are booked is night and day.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

zetamind2000 posted:

neil breen's promo at next year's wrestlemania go home show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDB_lOQuflg

Neil's last movie was 2018, so enough time has passed for Vince to discover it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Defiance Industries posted:

Do you mean besides the one that is in theaters right now and I am going to go watch 17 hours?

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize Cade: The Tortured Crossing was finally out! Time to check my local listings!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

flatluigi posted:

still remember when I learned that his move was actually called the wacky line, like, officially

I always heard it as "The Wrecking Line," even after it was officially official.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

And it wasn't like either of the MNF games were classics. The Steelers/Browns game was "one of these teams is going to win. Why?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

1glitch0 posted:

"Lexis King": You don't know who I am and you don't know why I'm here."

You got the first half right.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this guy's stealin my gimmick!!!

If it's been more than seven years, it's OK! Right?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Germansimp posted:

Believe his Best Men were Joe, AJ and Daniels.

DO YA?!?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

That DICK! posted:

andre the giant died 30 years ago today. we remember the big giant on this day, and all days forevermore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zase38A-U_8

He looks like he should be on the brute squad.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Please stop trying to make Karrion Kross happen, he's not going to happen.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

projecthalaxy posted:

Pumphandle overdrive. Think about it

*thinks about it*

WHAT
JUST
HAPPENED

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ChrisBTY posted:

Who the gently caress negotiates a contract that prevents him from jobbing in a loving movie?
The F&F franchise is the only time I've heard of this happening ever, much less 2, 3(did Statham do it too?) times.

It’s been happening for a while. Best example I can think of is from The Towering Inferno.

quote:

Steve McQueen requested that he and Paul Newman have the exact same amount of lines in the film. Also he insisted that he not appear until forty three minutes in, by which point Newman would have used up a lot of his lines.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
# A modern day warrior #
# Mean mean stride #
# Today's SLOM Swayer #
# Mean mean pride #

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cody Rhodes just got jobbed to Drew McIntyre on RAW lol

I was at a bar last night and they had RAW on. It was a slow night so the bartender had the volume up and my friend and I caught the first part of the show.

1 - The commentary is still awful. Way too much "LOOK HOW AWESOME THE WWE IS!"

2 - Cody lost because the Bloodline interfered and Drew took advantage. The theme for the rest of the show was "Drew is a hypocrite for taking advantage of Bloodline interference." Like, the commentators kept beating that drum over and over and over again. Same old WWE - not only do they still "tell don't show," but they're telling the audience what they want them to think.

3 - The visual presentation is... kind of better? Video packages before the bigger matches (like the one before the 8-man between DIY/Miz/R-Truth and Judgment Day) and the "wrestlers arriving to the arena" thing that the NFL sometimes does. They also had a cool hype moment before the women's battle royale where the camera went from the entrance of the arena through the concourse and into the stands.

4 - They have to be crowd sweetening even during a live show. It was a crowded arena, but EVERYTHING caused a huge reaction. Cody hitting the Cody Cutter mid-match had a louder reaction than Matt Taven going through the table last week.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

yeah it's me

You're the problem?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I read this in Joe Flaherty's voice.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lamuella posted:

He's just glad that Dwayne forgot his scissors

I SAID HE FORGOT HIS

You never said this.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
In less than 24 hours we’ve gone from Ospreay / Takeshita to this.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1765956975584792746

She says the line "The American Dream has turned into a Nightmare"

Funny SNL skit! Now where's the real speech?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Hey, that's Paul Bartel!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Critical posted:

i am rooting for the funniest option which is cody wins and then the rock wm9s him and takes the title

Cody did step aside for one week so the Rock could take on Roman... maybe the Rumble title shot transferred?

It's horrible logic, but anything is possible in the WWE!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
There's a cinema / director's cut / television cut joke here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Kvantum posted:

Now all Nakamura really does is collect a large paycheck and go surfing on his days off. Otherwise, he's past really... well, caring.

Then why does Paul "Triple H" Levesque want him?